All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> GameroomEX v2 Discontinued!!! <<<

Krakerman

Well, I cant argue with that. I never did try Hyperspin, I decided on GameEX instead for FE's and I haven't been disappointed yet (especially with this theme). I'm really interested to see how HS themes can be utilized in Evolution. I see this issue of making a custom title for every game unnecessary if the HS themes can be utilized instead. Like krack, I'm just passing the time.

I feel like Cartman waiting for the Nintendo Wii to come out. I'm about ready to freeze myself on the slope of a mountain. Like I said, one step past obsession is stark raving mad. LOL.

If all you want is eyecandy Hyperspin is the way to go. They have really concentrated on Mame game themes and system game themes. Really they only have one basic theme and system and game themes like Krakerman is trying to accomplish here. (They have default screens for games not having a game theme yet.) Looking at EVO I believe you will be able to incorporate Hyperspins themes. Even with that there are still thousands to make. And they have quite a few people making them. I have hyperspin on my arcade cab and it took a long time to setup and alot of time maintaining it. Although it is getting better with their Hypersysn program. For my television GameEx provides much more for what I want for my home system. With Krakerman theme I get what I want from GameEx and a little eye candy to boot. Will I ever have it complete. Of course not. But every little bit more I get makes it that much better. Felix looks at it as a obsession I look at it as relaxation and a goal to not complete it, but make it better. LOL

By the way, I should have map files for all the systems that Krakerman has currently in his theme, plus several I have made by this weekend. Of note even if Krakerman gets all the Atari 2600 game themes done in the map file. There are still many more games not in the map file. But every one done shows how great a theme maker he is. Roughly 600-700 games in map file. On my external drive I have over 12,000 different atari 2600 roms. This includes hacks, homebrew, foreign etc.

• Like 1

So, I've begun work on a portrait orientation version of this theme. It's not intended as anything but a means to enjouy Krackerman's hard work and diligence for those, like me, who have a vertical cab (IDK, maybe it's just me). It's not to be entered into the Theme competition, as I ported many aspects of it from his theme. Think of it as an extension of the same theme. All credit to Krack.

Here's a very preliminary taste.

post-10261-0-23937100-1408123341_thumb.p

• Like 1

@Felix looks good. I Have never though of using a vertical setup. I use Gameex on our family cab, our home theater, and a laptop that the kids use in the car. I use a desktop to tweet and then transfer to all three systems. So having different setups for me can be a problem. As you develop your system, I may try it o the cab just to see how it looks. In the meantime (At least until EVO comes out), I plan on working on Krakerman setup. Just about got all map files done and hope to complete over the weekend. May be tight. Austin, Texas (About 1 1/2 hours from me) is having their annual video game convention. 25,000 square feet of video game awesomeness. If I go, it will definately limit my work on Krakerman theme. But, I'm sure he will have some new goodies coming down the pass. Have a great weekend.

If your interested to see how this can work, you can see my cab in this post http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/14978-starting-my-mame-cabinet/#entry128933.

I've mainly been focusing on the HTPC for use with GameRoom EXv2, which sidelined my theme work for the cab untill I fugured out what I want to do, having had my mind blown by a superlative theme like krack's. I couldn't beat him, so I joined him!

The titles come marching in...Ten by ten...by ten...

Your Galaxian looks different than my physical cartridge. I based mine off that and the box. But choices are good;)

Update: I've decided on a default background, edited all the layouts, and am beginning work on custom system art. Atari 2600 Teaser attached! This is not final, it'll have a custom title and character overlays, but you get the idea. Text is a little small and a few thing are out of position too. I still have a lot of work to do, this is just an initial peek.

post-10261-0-32021300-1408212503_thumb.p

• Like 1

Got me a new toy today .... picked me up one of those pen/multi-touch (pressure sensitive pen) tablets today from Best Buy. This will come in real handy for all my graphical projects as the mouse can be a little difficult at times. :D

Wife won't let me use it thou til next month as it will be my b-day present. :rolleyes:

You'll have to let me know if it works for you. I thought it would be cumbersome/imprecise. I have an 8 inch dell venue pro that i use for school (full windows 8.1), but haven't tried using paint.net on it. I don't want to drop 30 bucks on a good stylus, unless it's worth it.

Well I just dropped over $200 bux on this touch tablet so I do hope it will be worth it. I am looking forward to trying it out.

I'm sure this one isn't in any collection either. ;) This is my fantasy artwork that I did for Raiders of the Lost Ark! along with a couple more that I did earlier today and tonight.

GameRoomEXv2 (Vertscreen) UPDATE:

Atari 2600, 5200, 7800 and MAME done! I'm employing the general background/overlay approach, the boxart/video preview displays for each game. The custom overlays and cartridge top label are not game specific (the draw back to this approach). But I don't think it makes that big a difference. It still looks great, IMO.

post-10261-0-16601000-1408296911_thumb.p

post-10261-0-99271400-1408337169_thumb.p

post-10261-0-33699800-1408337178_thumb.p

post-10261-0-49437500-1408387751_thumb.p

• Like 1

@starbuck I don't need a map file but this will work just like the 2600 themes so if you want to make one you can. I have made one already for my system but just for the games that I created a theme for. Time (LOL! :lol:) yeah right ... it is on my list of missing themes to do still.

Ok here is the Atari 2600 game theme pak #9. This includes:

- Boxing - Chopper Command

- Dragster - Galaxian Arcade

- Grand Prix - Maze Craze - A Game of Cops 'n Robbers (Rev.1)

- Raiders of the Lost Ark - Stampede

- Super Breakout - Warlords (Rev.1)

• Like 2