All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> GameroomEX v2 Discontinued!!! <<<

Krakerman

Krackerman, are you going make a game specific theme for the 5200 and 7800? Starbuck has expressed interest in making placeholders for those systems as well. I was going to make one for each but realized you may want to do something different than what I come up with.

I am currently working on a concept for this, based on your system backgrounds, and will upload a pic as soon as I finish them. I'm deciding how to incorporate the CartridgeTop label since the background doesn't have room for it yet. You could got with them if you like the design, or modify them to make any desired changes, or start fresh and surprise us, But before starbuck starts making placeholders we should decide on a design to stick with.

Ok guys here is the challenge I'm gonna find when it comes to these 2600 adult themed games. How would you like me to approach these as I know alot of you have young kids that play these games and I want to keep it clean when I get to these themes.

Would you prefer that I leave the graphics out on these and just leave them plain or make a generic box image for the adult themed games and design one for the adults and leave it up to you guys what you want to put on your system.

Here is the theme I did for Porky's which I made 3 different themes. Which do you prefer?

I forgot to make the space between the O's and A in Atari 2600 transparent so the metallic layer underneath would shine through. Not that any one not looking would notice, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

Ok, I have the a5200 and a7800 placeholders done. Teasers attached! Krackerman, I've attached the file so you can revise if necessary. Starbuck, you can begin making 5200 and 7800 buddy, hopfully Tempests script will make things easier for you. Ready, go!!! :D

One last thing, you will have to edit the theme so that image 2 fills the screen. Here's how:

1. Open GameRoomEX in the theme editor
  2. In the templates window at the top left, find Atari 5200 click on it.
  3. In the preview window click on "Image 2"
  4. In the "Properties" window at the bottom left put, X=0, Y=0, W=1920, and H=1080.
  5. Be sue to do the same for the 7800
  6. Save, and exit.

PS: the guy in the 7800 image below looks like he needs a stool softener, unless he's about to go Super Saiyan! LOL

a52 & a78 Coming Soon.zip

post-10261-0-82082400-1407631126_thumb.p

post-10261-0-02342600-1407631136_thumb.p

@Felix Looks good. I'll wait a bit and see if Tempest comes up with something. The Atari 5200 has 73 games in the HS database and the Atari 7800 has 57. So there is a lot less placeholders to make for these. You may want to try your hand at a few game themes for these systems. I'm sure they would be awesome. Maybe some of the others like KRC and Draco could try their hand at game themes. We have enough users that have great editing skills that we could do a lot of themes in a short time. You had mentioned that there was a few other systems that you have in your setup. If you want and are willing to placeholders for them I'd make map files for them. Just make a list of ones you want. Same goes for you Krakerman. Sure you are gonna have some great game themes coming down the pike.

They are in the same file ;) , I used layers for the two backgrounds and cart/boxs. Just check any layer that says a52, then save as PNG. Repeat for a78.

Sure I'll take a crack at a few of the a52 and a78's. I have a few of them now. I'll take suggestions if you have some favorites you can't do without, or suggest I don't go without.

Ok here is the Atari 2600 game theme pak #7. This includes:

- Bank Heist - Beany Bopper

- Crash Dive - Crazy Climber

- Deadly Duck - The Earth Dies Screaming

- Fast Eddie - M*A*S*H

- Porky's (Kids version) - Revenge of the Beefsteak Tomatoes

Here you go. Put the file that you want copied into the Starbuck folder and name it "Coming Soon.png" Double-click on Copy Coming Soon.ahk if you have ahk installed, or Copy Coming Soon.exe if you don't. Browse to whatever dat file that you want to use, and click ok. A folder named "Coming Soon" will be created with all of the duplicate images inside.

Starbuck.7z

I can't figure out why, but the first file name in the dat is skipped, so you will have to create that one by hand. Maybe somebody better than me with regex can figure it out. :-(

Working on a new Atari Home Computers theme using the new layout system. Just working on something new to get some fresh ideas for when I convert the theme over to EVO. This type of layout is for the cartridge based games. I haven't designed or figured out how I want the disk based games to look yet.

Update: I got an idea on how to tackle the disc based games ... more custom artwork is in order but it will make this theme really pop.

Thanks Krakerman. This might be a double pak weekend for you. Working on placeholders for the Atari 5299 as we speak. Hope to have them done by tonight.

Haha not so sure about that. ;)

Ye of so little faith :rolleyes:

@Tempest. Worked like a charm. Thank you for your help.

I'm thinking they will be done tonight. :-)