All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] >>> GameroomEX v2 Discontinued!!! <<<

Krakerman

@starbuck no I am still around ... having some issues with Win 8.1 not sure if the SSD is going bad or just the install got corrupt so re-installing again this morning on both computers but everything else is pretty much done. Hopefully if all goes well I can get back up and running by tonight. :)

Has anyone else noticed that Win 8.1 diesn't update the icons in the Printers and Devices folder anymore? My Xbox360 controller and Cannon printer icons no longer display they are the generic icons. The used to change when installing unless microsoft changed something.

After a bit more testing I found out that my new tablet actually was the culprit. The USB cord was really short that came with it so I was using an extension cable and for whatever reason was causing my computer not to boot up correctly but when I plugged it directly into my keyboards USB hub it works fine. Damn that was hard to troubleshoot .... oh well I went ahead and put the SSD that I thought was bad into my other ArcadePC and now everything on that computer is running faster. Win win I suppose. Now soon I can get back to working on some new themes by this weekend I hope pending anymore issues but so far so good keeping fingers crossed. :)

Just a little update:

Work on the theme has been slow ..... The weather has been really hot lately, watching College and NFL football all day on Sat. & Sundays doesn't help either, and just plain lack of interest that I have had lately to be honest. -_-

I have finally got my Gameroom all squared away thou and have everything setup the way I want. I got my PinballX tabletop station setup and running nicely and both my HTPC and ArcadePC stations are now up and running with Windows 8.1 without any issues. Also I managed to create a PS3 console gamestation which I haven't even turned on in over a year to my suprise it actually turned on being that it has had so much dust on it. So I think I am pretty much done with setting up and re-arranging my Gameroom and hope to get back into this soon.

After all the football games today I did start working on updating the C64 theme which I should have finished before I go to bed tonight. I'll have a pic of it tomorrow after I get home from work for you all to see. If you liked the first one ... then I think you'll like this one even better. ;)

More delays .... soon as I spoke everything was running fine til I turned my computer on tonight and found that I had a corrupt BIOS on my main PC good thing for Dual BIOS motherboards. I think I got it worked out will have to wait a few days and see how it goes.

*** UPDATE: All fixed and back up and running!!! ***

• 2 months later...

Hi guys I know I've been kinda out of the theme designing scene for a few months and actually I've been lurking around the forums from time to time. I actually removed GameEx for a bit of time ... I know as bad as that sounds it was because I re-formatted my system and decided to start a fresh and just haven't got around to doing it until today and being that I am home on holiday (turkey) vacation and that Evo's release is still a bit aways I went ahead and re-installed GameEx 12.32 and I am in the process of learning setting everything up all over again. It's almost like getting a new toy again (almost :P). Well with that said I am back and soon yes soon I will be getting back into this and have elected to re-design a few things with my theme not sure yet what that will be but rest asure you will be seeing some activity whether it is some updated wip pictures or actual theme updates/releases.

Good to be back and anxiously awaiting Evo's release day! :D as well as GameEx's holiday update that is coming soon.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@rabidpuppy I never did release an all-in-one package and have no plans to do so either. I have been considering updating the theme ever since I merged GameEx with HyperLaunch. If I do then I will release it as a new theme with an all-in-one package only release with additional add-on packs just for the individual system/game themes like I started to do with the Atari 2600 system. Started tonight working on a few themes and we'll see where it goes. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry those are no longer available. I removed them awhile back as that theme is discontinued and going to be replaced with my new improved theme. No ETA yet when I will finish it however if you ask around maybe someone else here my have the packs as I no longer have the originals anymore had to make room for the new theme.

I will remove the links tonight sorry guys.

Well this project was a work in process so as far as including it with main install would of been impossible. I was releasing it as I was working on it and completing various themes.

If you like that theme then you might want to just wait for when I release the new GameRoom theme that I'm currently working on.

No worries Krackerman and fear not I love your work and I'm really looking forward to the new theme. Am I allowed to give you some system ideas that would be awesome to include?

Acorn range: BBC B, BBC Master, Acorn Electron

Missing Commodore's: Commodore 16 and a separate Commodore Plus/4 theme. (sadly these 2 beauties always get missed).

Konix Multi System ;) oh yeah.

Does anyone have the missing downloads for V2? or simply put the full collection that they could kindly zip and upload for me? it would be really appreciated.

• 6 months later...

Does anyone have the missing downloads for V2? or simply put the full collection that they could kindly zip and upload for me? it would be really appreciated.

I would appreciate it as well if someone can upload the addon packs. Krakerman said it would be okay since he no longer has copies of them in this thread...

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/15862-theme-gameroom-suspended/page-10#entry148292

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I know this is a discontinued theme, but i like it.

Does anyone know how i can fix the individual console themes that are just showing up black and no graphic? I have a few that are doing that, is it a naming conflict? how does it link the theme to the system?

You have to point to the background you want to use in the emulator settings, the name shouldn't matter unless you changed any of them. If you did, there are two images, the base image and the foreground image.they both need to be named the same, except the foreground image needs the file name appended with _foreground