All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

2013/2014 theme competition???

jrock2004

Nothing slated, sorry. There may be something else in the future, but it was a lot of work for what little the response was and unfortunately it won't be annual unless we do it for fun instead of prizes. :)

Hi JRock

The 2012 Theme competition was a epic event wasn't it! We had a blast doing it, and like you we were thrilled to see the creativity of our GameEx user base shining brightly. It was also a herculean endeavor that involved a lot of coordination with the awesome sponsors of the competition. The overall management of the competition occurred in large part before my time as a moderator, but I'm still in awe of just how well it all came together.

Due to the effort involved, I wouldn't count on the theme competition being an annual or even a bi-annual event. The months of preparation time is a lengthy and drawn-out process. I think I'm still recovering from the first one, and I played but a tiny part in the overall running of the competition! :lol:

Having said that, I certainly wouldn't say that it won't ever happen again. Who knows, future enhancements to the capabilities of GameEx theme creation tools may even enable amazing new ways for users to flex their creative muscle when creating themes. ;) And if that's the case, I can safely assure you that we would postpone any hypothetical discussion of a new competition until such time as new tools are available. No promises though ...

• Like 1

I was wondering the same thing recently. I noticed the old thread was still pinned and was going to suggest we move it out of the GameEx forum and into the pinned forum. I just forgot. :) It would be nice to see another competition, just because it was fun looking at all the new ideas people came up with. Perhaps something can be worked out, but don't hold your breath. It would be nice just to see people coming up with new themes without the desire of competing for prizes. Over at the High Score forum, we're all about just having fun, there's no prizes involved, and we seem to be doing ok so far.

• Like 1