All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Playfield and Backglass Screenshot capture

punter1

Taking the playfield screenshot is working fine. File is saved to the Pinballx\Media\Visual Pinball\Screen Grabs folder.

The Backglass screenshot mode does not appear to be working or I don't know where the png is getting saved. Anyone have this working?

Also would it be possible to add support for taking DMD screenshots?

Thanks again to all for making PinballX. I am finally switching over 100% to PinballX

punter1,

Works fine for me. What do you have the PF and BG keys defined as in your Pinballx.ini?

I'm using B for backglass and S for playfield.

Files are saved in:

X:\PinballX\Media\Visual Pinball\Screen Grabs Backglass

X:\PinballX\Media\Visual Pinball\Screen Grabs

Z

Strange. I had it as S for playfield and B for backglass, but B is mapped to Pinmame for adding/removing ball from the Trough, so I had to remap backglass to O or U or even S. Playfield screenshot works fine, but I am not able to capture the backglass and I have mapped to several buttons. I did try a non Pinmame table and setup B for backglass but that did not work either.

My path is C:\PinballX\Media\Visual Pinball\

works fine here, just change b for some other letter like i did,..

i have F11 voor playfield and F12 for backglass..

also i have a lot of buttons changed ;) its easy you can do it to :P

also your idea for dmd screenshot would be nice cause now when i load i see a blinking screen from black to pinbalx and finally i can see my dmd..

cheers!

• 2 months later...

Neither screen capture works for me. I get a pic of the desktop below the game, which is a known problem with my video card driver (Radeon 7770) - other screen capture utilities do the same thing. Perhaps drivers are your issue, though I don't know how that could act differently for the BG than the Table.

• 6 months later...

Would be nice to have rotation choice of the flayfield screenshot grab I always have to manually rotate all screen shot 180'

Thanks in advance

Also would it be possible to add support for taking DMD screenshots?

I also vote for these two suggestions. I have the same rotation issue for every play field image and screenshots of the DMD would be great if this also supported the creation of real PINDMD2 capable images.

i have the same problem as punter1. Playfied dump works great, but I can't get a backglass with it set to any key. I even created the directory for it, but no luck.

• 4 months later...

I had to manually create the X:\PinballX\Media\Visual Pinball\Screen Grabs Backglass folder as well. However, backglass captures still don't work even after remapping keys. Playfield captures work fine. I even manually edited permissons on the backglass folder for full access to see if that could be the issue, but no success.

I'm attempting to use the same backglass backgrounds as displayed on all my d2BS images. The backglass images I download through the online service usually have the speaker grill/dmd. Hence, the reason I'm trying to do backglass capture. Is there an alternative way to incorporate d2bs images into PinballX?

PinballX 1.94/Win 8.1

• 5 weeks later...

Neither screen capture works for me. I get a pic of the desktop below the game, which is a known problem with my video card driver (Radeon 7770) - other screen capture utilities do the same thing. Perhaps drivers are your issue, though I don't know how that could act differently for the BG than the Table.

Hello, I have the same issue... Any solution?

Full screen games often can’t be captured with the regular print screen method. Do this to fix it:

– Right-click on the executable file for the game
– Select the Compatibility tab and then check Disable desktop composition
– Press OK to close the properties dialog and then run the game
– Typical screenshot methods should work now.

I found this but I am using Windows 8 and that option is not there. Any other solution?

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same problem for future pinball games within pinballX win 7 64. I capture black playfields. It works captures playfields for visual but not future pinball. I can't capture backglasses at all in future or visual in pinballx. Pinscreengen utility does not work for future pinball either. I need .png backglasses for pinballX. Many media packs only have .jpg files. I need help capturing playyfields and backglasses in future pinball.

I am having the same problem for future pinball games within pinballX win 7 64. I capture black playfields. It works captures playfields for visual but not future pinball. I can't capture backglasses at all in future or visual in pinballx. Pinscreengen utility does not work for future pinball either. I need .png backglasses for pinballX. Many media packs only have .jpg files. I need help capturing playyfields and backglasses in future pinball.

There are many free or trial image conversion programs that will convert from .jpg to .png, etc. Tom (PinballX author) has a free fully functional trial version in his Convert-It suite that will make fast work of that kind of chore.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hard to say. This is an old thread (started in 2013) with several users reporting a same or similar issue with different OSs and different PinballX versions, but not one log.txt or pinballx.ini files submitted for the author to review.

I am locking the thread and if it is still an issue for anyone they can open a new thread with a thorough explanation of the issue and provide the oft requested support files.