All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Can't seem to change list font size in theme editior

davidj1987

I'm now running the Future Retro theme and I like it a lot however I want to change the main font size , and I am aware you can open a theme in the Theme editor and change the fonts by clicking the tab under edit -> options however the font size doesn't change and I even tried changing fonts to see what that would do, and unfortunately the font doesn't change when I save. Can the theme not be edited? I really want the font size in the game list to be smaller. Anyone know of a solution?

Can you provide a copy of the theme.ini file? Also, have you modified your default font size in Win 7? It may be possible this is overriding the minimum size, although, admittedly, I may be tilting at a windmill.

I would check the theme.ini file in the theme folder of your choice and find the entries related to font size, so that you can see if the Theme Editor actually changes the values or not.

You can also manually change the values and see if you get any result.

There's an option to set the general font size in the Setup Wizard. I don't know if it has something to do with your issue, but would you give it a try? Just to see if something changes...

I don't remember where, but I'm sure there is an option for this, but in the Setup Wizard... I can access only the language file (of the Setup Wizard) which reports:

<setting name="Font Size" default="Normal" type="ComboBox" inisection="General" ininame="FontSize" description="Modify the default font size.">            <option name="Biggest" ininame="5" />            <option name="Even More Bigger" ininame="4" />            <option name="Bigger still" ininame="3" />            <option name="Bigger" ininame="2" />            <option name="Normal" ininame="0" />            <option name="Smaller" ininame="-2" />            <option name="Smallest" ininame="-3" />        </setting>

So, or you find that option in Setup Wizard (I can post its location tomorrow) or can manually edit the "FontSize=" entry in GONFIG\GameEx.ini. According to the code above accepted values are 5, 4, 3, 2, 0, -2, -3, from the biggest to the smallest.

Can I make it any smaller than -3 in the GameEX.ini? I'll try tomorrow or the next few days. I'll try manually editing the .ini manually because I saw no difference with the setup wizard though. Right now I am having the theme problems but I will try tomorrow or the day after. It's been one interesting day where I woke up stupid early due to a phone call from work and couldn't go back to sleep and started messing with GameEX right after on like three hours of sleep. Gotta love it...

OK, here's an example attached in the example.png image

I changed the font which reflects here in this snap show, however when editing the font in the theme editor regardless of what size I change it to, it never changes and the menu is circled in red - regardless how I change it it's always the same size in the setup wizard or theme editor. I want it to be smaller. Attached Logs too.

post-13964-0-00838400-1385582303_thumb.p

log.txt

ThemeEditor.txt

I tried using a different font - Arial, Times New Roman and it's always stuck at the same size - regardless of what is changed in the theme editor or setup wizard. The theme is Future Retro which I believe comes with GameEX. Thankfully the font at least changes.

Other than doing as Draco suggested, have you tried to change the general setting in GameEx.ini (or manually or through Setup Wizard)? In the ini it's called FontSize. Maybe it's set as "Even more bigger"...

Regarding your previous question, I strongly doubt that you can use other values apart from those indicated above.

OK I managed to change the size - I edited the theme.ini file however if I could make it smaller than -3 I'd be ecstatic. Maybe a future suggestion if possible?

We can say this is solved, sure because its now smaller. Not 100% happy with the result unless there was an option for the item selected to scroll so you could see what it says fully (if you have a long file name like some MAME games)

post-13964-0-71891500-1385600105_thumb.p

One thing you may wish to consider

- Start a new theme and select this theme as the source theme but change to Version 4 instead of auto-select, and give the theme a different name than the source

- Next, enable "Display pop-up descriptions" under the options>settings

- Locate and drag the Description box and size in the lower left corner

- Save your changes and make it your default theme to test the results.

• Like 1

Do I need to drag the description box all over the screen? I tried taking Media Center V1 as a test theme and I got nothing... does it scroll or is there a theme that has the pop up descriptions? I dont like the changes made when taking it from the orignal theme to a V4 with buttons all over the place and I no longer have the exit button. I guess I am very uneasy to please :/