All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameExtender Animated GIF Support

basis

Hello all,

I recently setup a second monitor and am able to get GameExtender working correctly. I created some scripts to take the artwork and merge them together as an animated GIF using imagemagick -convert. The GIFs loop properly when viewed in IE, but using GameExtender in GameEX only the first static image is shown. I thought it would be neat to have it loop through the cart, advert, snap, title, etc. while in the menus or while playing the game.

Is there any way to get this one added to the requests page? I realize it's a fairly odd request.

Anyways, keep up the good work.

Regards,

Jonathan

Well I can certainly give Game Info this ability (I already support animated gifs) without too much hassle, but Game Info Extender Mode doesn't have any user serviceable paths at the moment, and it only appears in game. :-)

I'm not sure I understand all of that response. I have gameextender settings menu to say yes to custom images. Then in the individual emulator menu I have a path set to a directory that has the animated .gif files. Each emulator gets a different directory path.

If I hover over a title in the emulator game list, the .gif file shows on the second monitor. It also shows when I click on the game and during the gameplay.

Would the animation be fixed in the gameplay only part instead of the menu, or vice versa (or am I mis-interpreting completely)?

Thanks,

Jonathan

If GIF animation is not supported by an application, it may still display the first image as you are stating. This would be an enhancement request for Game Extender to support this type of animation. You can make your request here. Thanks!

Yeah sorry, Game Info is actually a plugin that displays stuff on the second monitor, a seperate project from GameEx. It's a cool addition IMHO if you want something that plays well with GameExtender, but it doesn't do anything about your issue unfortunately. You can find it in the Plugin Manager if you want to look at it further.