All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] System Intro Video Problem

Riffman81

Hi,

I recently downloaded all the system Intro Videos from emumovies for use with GameEx. After some searching I learned in order to get the videos to show up/play within GameEx, they must replace the image of the same name in the "Logos" folder within the GameEx theme your using. The problem I'm having is with the Atari 7800 video. All other videos play fine but that one. I'm using the Aeon Inspirit theme. I've renamed the video to match the .png image within the folder like with all the rest, yet the video still does not play. At first I thought the file was bad, so I re-downloaded the intro video, yet still it wont play.

Then I noticed that the image named "Atari 7800" does not show up either, insead I get a default "Atari Logo" image that I can't seem to locate anywhere within the theme??? Could it be that the reason the video wont play for this system is simply because the image I'm trying to match it's name with is also labeled wrong? If so, what is the correct image name for the Atari 7800 system within GameEX? Hope this all makes sense...

Could someone running the same theme try to replicate this problem? I'm at a loss as to what the exact problem is that keeps this one intro video from playing in my setup. Thanks in advance.

I don't have the Atari 7800 System installed, but for 2600 the correct name is 2600.png. So I suppose you could try 7800.png.

But basically, you can check the Defalult - Default theme as a reference.

I don't have the Atari 7800 System installed, but for 2600 the correct name is 2600.png. So I suppose you could try 7800.png.

But basically, you can check the Defalult - Default theme as a reference.

Thanks AlphaUMi, The correct name for Atari 7800 is 7800.png as shown in the default theme. However, the video is still not playing. It plays fine outside of GameEx so I'm not sure what the deal is...

If I place all the video files in the default theme, will they show up in the theme I'm currently using? Or do they have to be placed in in the logos folder of the theme I'm using now?

EDIT: I just downloaded the offline "Default Themes" pack from the download section to compare with what I already have when I originally installed GameEx. The "Default Themes" I downloaded seem to be different from what downloaded when I first installed GameEx. I couldn't find the 7800.png image in any of them?

EDIT: I just downloaded the offline "Default Themes" pack from the download section to compare with what I already have when I originally installed GameEx. The "Default Themes" I downloaded seem to be different from what downloaded when I first installed GameEx. I couldn't find the 7800.png image in any of them?

Not all themes are completed with all systems.

If I place all the video files in the default theme, will they show up in the theme I'm currently using? Or do they have to be placed in in the logos folder of the theme I'm using now?

No to the first question, yes to the second. It's not a good move to modify the Default theme.

Regarding your issue, try a little experiment. Apart from the fact that your video plays well outside of gamex, take one of those that plays well inside of gamex and rename it 7800.avi or mp4 (modify the name, not the extension).

This way we can at least understand if it is a GE issue or a video issue...

• Like 1

it is maybe a "place" problem. how did you setup the 7800 emulator? Do you use the same Emulator for 2600 and 7800?

if so, try to make a seperate setup for the 7800, as you can choose what logo is showing for each emulator you setup, in the setup-wizard of GameEx.

you can find a logo.png of the 7800 in the following default themes:

GameEx\THEMES\Default - Default\MEDIA\LOGOS\7800.png

GameEx\THEMES\Default - Media Center V1\MEDIA\LOGOS\7800.png

so your video should be named 7800.avi

• Like 1

it is maybe a "place" problem. how did you setup the 7800 emulator? Do you use the same Emulator for 2600 and 7800?

if so, try to make a seperate setup for the 7800, as you can choose what logo is showing for each emulator you setup, in the setup-wizard of GameEx.

you can find a logo.png of the 7800 in the following default themes:

GameEx\THEMES\Default - Default\MEDIA\LOGOS\7800.png

GameEx\THEMES\Default - Media Center V1\MEDIA\LOGOS\7800.png

so your video should be named 7800.avi

This! This is where I went wrong. Simply overlooked selecting the right image file within the theme in emulator setup. Thanks U-Man! Consider this topic resolved.