All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Flipper sounds when scrolling fast through tables

punter1

Does anyone else get the flipper sound rapidly playing over and over while scrolling through tables or is it my setup?

If I press the flipper button once and let go, it is played once. If I press and hold the flipper button to scroll through tables, the flipper sound turns into a machine gun sound.

Is there a setting to change this behavior? With Hyperpin, the flipper sound only plays once until you release the button and press again.

Thanks

punter, yes I get the "machine gun" sound also, so it's a feature of PBX :).

On a side note, does anyone have the deep hyperpin flipper sounds? I looked in the hyperpin dir and all I see is the menu.wav sound so it must be embedded in the .exe.

Z

This problem is the same in GameEx for the record. The mouse buttons on my cabinet play the sound repeatedly while the button is being held down. If Tom addresses this so that it behaves like HyperPin, hopefully he'll carry that over to GameEx too. ;-)

Oh come on, you couldn't find it on a free site!!! tease!!!!!

Draco, the funny this is, take a wav file that is a split sec longer (has some dead air after the sound) and replace one of your flipper sounds and the "machine gun" goes away. I think if the default sound had a little padding after the actual flipper sound you would only hear it once....

Z

Great idea Zeenon! When holding down the button, the flipper sound gets re-started repeatedly. I used audacity to add 100 msec of silence to the beginning of the lflipper and rflipper wav files and now you only get one flipper sound upon releasing the button

Here are the files. Just replace the ones in C:\PinballX\Media\Navigation Sounds

lflipper.wav

rflipper.wav

• 2 weeks later...