All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

MAME movies rotated

BlackPredator72

Hello,

I've just installed PinballX after years of playing with HyperPin and I´m using the FS/Cab settings.

The things that attracted me were MAME and PinballFX2 support.

I've added almost 900 portrait MAME games all with videos.

But when I start PinballX the MAME movies are rotated 90 degrees anticlockwise.

The Visual Pinball and Future Pinball movies are ok (because they are rotated in the frontend by 180 degrees).

Is there a possibility to rotate the MAME movies by just 90 degrees ?

And if not, maybe a new config/setting change for rotating your movies by 90, 180 or 270 degrees in the next update ?

Greetz BlackPredator72

I'm using Mameui64 to configure my options and MAME x64 .150 Cave+NoNag+HiScore+NeoGeoXtra+Autofire+NoBuffer+NeoGeoOverclock to play my games to have no nag etc.

The option you said is for rotating the games anti-clockwise what I already did.

The games are rotated right, the only thing not working are the preview movies when "browsing" games in PinballX.

jta.png

That's the way Emumovies make their movies and HyperSpin knows how to display them right. So I am not going to rotate 900 movies one by one.

I think the best way is that an Admin or Programmer of PinballX make that extra option in the PinballX Setup Wizard to make an option of rotating your movies by 90,180 or 270 degrees.

Or tell me where I can find that option if it already exists or maybe a registry setting or anything.

That option doesn't exist AFAIK, and that's certainly not outside the realm of possibilities from a programming standpoint.

We'll have to see what Tom says though.

That's the way Emumovies make their movies and HyperSpin knows how to display them right. So I am not going to rotate 900 movies one by one.

I think the best way is that an Admin or Programmer of PinballX make that extra option in the PinballX Setup Wizard to make an option of rotating your movies by 90,180 or 270 degrees.

Or tell me where I can find that option if it already exists or maybe a registry setting or anything.

That would be an Enhancement/Feature request - you can post your request here.

In the interim, if you look here you will find the Spesoft Video converter. I believe that you can set it up to batch convert and possibly rotate the videos (haven't had need of that feature and not at my desk to confirm). If not, there are plenty of free and commercial converters that will help you with your batch conversion/rotation needs.

In the meanwhile I tried a lot of (free) converters but I can't find a good program. Or they don't support batch converting, or they have a watermark or only 15 seconds or other bad functions. I found one good program but then I have to do it one by one. And I don't like to do that 900 times. So or I'll have to wait till the next update of PinballX where this function is available : Rotate preview video : "dropdown menu" 90, 180, 270 degrees. Or Circo make an extra category on the Emumovies website or FTP for PinballX MAME preview movies.

Since this is a feature or enhancement request, you may be waiting quite a while for it to show up much less in the next update. If you have been reading the other threads, you will see that the author is working on some more pressing bug fixes and improvements to existing functionality. That is not to say that he won't slip a feature request in from time to time, but the scope of your request makes it less likely that it will be available in the near future.

In the meanwhile I tried a lot of (free) converters but I can't find a good program. Or they don't support batch converting, or they have a watermark or only 15 seconds or other bad functions. I found one good program but then I have to do it one by one. And I don't like to do that 900 times. So or I'll have to wait till the next update of PinballX where this function is available : Rotate preview video : "dropdown menu" 90, 180, 270 degrees. Or Circo make an extra category on the Emumovies website or FTP for PinballX MAME preview movies.

Should be quick to whip up a wxpython program as a front-end of ffmpeg. Spose I could add that option to pinxml pretty quick. I'll add to the list of things to do.

• Like 1

Okay, so I completed this and they are uploading to EmuMovies FTP now called "MAME upscaled PinCab videos".

They are all the vertical vids rotated 90 degrees and upscaled to 1080p using Lanczos resizing and the highest quality FFMPEG setting. The majority of the videos came out excellently and did not come out a huge size.

Its about 10GB in total.

Like I said uploading now so it will be a while.

• Like 2

From the 888 files I have, you did 872 !

Can you do the missing 16 for me ? Or tell me which program you used ?

beezer.mp4

dingo.mp4
exerion.mp4
fantasy.mp4
fcombat.mp4
naughtyb.mp4
puzlclub.mp4
skyfox.mp4
sspaceat.mp4
superpac.mp4
ssrj.mp4
supertnk.mp4
toprollr.mp4
unclepoo.mp4
valtric.mp4
videopin.mp4

I did everything EmuMovies has in vertical so not sure what to suggest.

I used my own converter. Spesoft Video Converter with these additional command FFMPEG command line:

-vf "transpose=1" -sws_flags lanczos -s 1080x1920

Edit: I just checked "skyfox" for example and it is not a vertical video. "Exerion" is also not a vertical video. Although I used to play this in the arcades and I am pretty certain its a vertical game.

Edit 2: So yeah this is on the emumovies side. I tried converting a couple of them but some of them have borders so I just left it.

I have done those remaining vids anyway but they were not encoded right in the first place. They are uploading to the FTP now.

I am not convinced they are all vertical videos though, Puzlclub for example does not look vertical. sspaceat uses artwork and that is not right either. Most of them are okay but suffered quality upscaled..