All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Sound files on soundcloud

devorian

I've set up a user group on Soundcloud (Music file sharing network) So others if they wish can download MP3 files to add into their PinballX music folders.

I've only uploaded few so far and I'm already limited to what space Soundcloud has remaining. I think I have something like 15 minutes of space left, so unfortunately I will be deleting some files every now and again to upload new ones. I would just like to stress that I don't own any of the rights to the material submitted within the group, but they are readily available for download.

the link is here https://soundcloud.c...llx-sound-files

Take a look it may not be to everyone's tastes, feel free to submit any of your own MP3's to the group including alternatives of existing tables. Hopefully if it takes off it could be a resourceful database of MP3 files?

Keep up the good work and enjoy!

• Like 1

This is a great idea! I'm currently working on ripping sound files directly from the roms. It's sad that sound cloud has a limit like that, but I realize they have to make money somehow. Perhaps when I have a full library, I'll find a hosting solution. For now though, I couldn't see anywhere that I could add to your list?

• Like 1

All - at the top of the Forums page, there is a Downloads section for PinballX - Sounds which would be a perfect repository for collections of ROM sound files. Just a suggestion.

There is possibly no upload link as a result of copyright infringements when using actual music MP3's? I know Soundcloud have blocked a few files that I submitted for that very same reason. I'm still not sure how this works and how Soundcloud regulate the data on their site. I heard the software they use only scans the first 5 seconds of material? How true this is I don't know, it may explain why the TAF intro remains on Soundcloud but they removed the Ultimate Edition of the Addams Family? The music is the same, I used different samples that's all.

The sound feature is what I really like about PinballX, when it just springs to life with the music or samples it draws me back for more playing :)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I missed your reply. :)

I don't have any specific sounds I need, but what I meant was to have all the sounds of Firepower (as an example) in a zip. So many times I have a sound in my head (say when you hit all the lanes), and being a former operator I know exactly where the sound comes from, so usually I find an early vp version of the table with the sound and take it from the editor.

I didn't know there was a date limitation on it though.

Edit: just went to Soundcloud and heard Gorgar. I have that record!!!