All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

1.67 Started to crash on menu navigation

CRAIGDEE

I have also some strange errors:

- table launching without balls (LOTR night mod). Table plays normal direct from VP, launched via PinballX (balls not found)
- PinballX craches sometimes going into ingame menu

- PinballX craches when dB2S is running and has heavy action and exit at same time

The version around 1.57 was running very stable. Can you give this old versions again for download?

Craig,

Look a few posts down on a thread started by randr. We have seen the same issue. 1.65 is what I'm using now, and I still see the occasional crash, but nothing like 1.67.

I'll have to check if I have the 1.57 exe and try that.

z

• Like 1

We typically don't offer previous versions at all, sorry. :'(

Tom's pretty good about expedited bug fixing though. I'll direct his attention to this thread.

You may want to look through some of the older threads to see if Tom posted a pre-release fix for one of the earlier versions. Otherwise, as Adultery notes, only the latest version is provided for download.

Please note what I asked in my prior post this thread so that Tom can review your error logs and have some info regarding your configuration, OS, codecs, etc.

My only concern is users relying on an older build as a work around to an error that needs to be resolved. Often the newer builds have bug fixes for the older and, as such, the recommendation will be to upgrade to the current build. As you have seen, Tom is rather quick to try to fix any issues presented.

I am using Windows 8 64 Bit and I am using the Shark codecs. I have also tried CCC codecs but have gone back to using Shark.

Log files only relate to version 1.59 as that is what I am currently using. Much fewer crashes at this time.

My only concern is users relying on an older build as a work around to an error that needs to be resolved. Often the newer builds have bug fixes for the older and, as such, the recommendation will be to upgrade to the current build. As you have seen, Tom is rather quick to try to fix any issues presented.

I appreciate your concerns regarding the above point.

If you don't want to help us help you then there little point in asking for help.

I didn't mean that I wasn't willing to try and move forward and I also didn't say that I wasn't willing to listen and take on board any help given.

Don't jump to conclusions!

I didn't mean that I wasn't willing to try and move forward and I also didn't say that I wasn't willing to listen and take on board any help given.

Don't jump to conclusions!

Whoa! Time out. I don't think that he was jumping to conclusions, just may have misunderstood the intent of your response to my post. Brevity can be problematic when we are trying to get a point across in as few words as possible, so misunderstandings will occur. ;)

I think more specifically he meant if you're not willing to use the latest version and provide the needed materials, what's the point in asking for help since we openly don't offer support for depreciated versions.

Don't get your underwear in a knot bud. ;)

Whoa! Time out. I don't think that he was jumping to conclusions, just may have misunderstood the intent of your response to my post. Brevity can be problematic when we are trying to get a point across in as few words as possible, so misunderstandings will occur. ;)

Ok, best just to leave that be then? :)

That or get on board with the recent build and then submit a proper bug report so we can iron this out...

I'm sure we'd rather fix it then leave it be, ya know?