All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Popeye

• 2 months later...

76,700⭐⭐⭐

I'm on a roll.

"There used to be a time I was no.1 at Popeye...it seems so long ago. Now I'm at a second...no wait...third spot <_< ....time for me to eat me some spinach :P"

Nice score M.O. ! You've beaten Cynicaster's long standing record B)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• 3 weeks later...

@ Cynicaster: unfortunately we can't accept your Popeye Hi-score submission :( ....perhaps you just forgot to enter your initials. Nevertheless, we kindly ask you to submit a screenshot with your initials included.

We run a friendly and casual competition but this is a rule we ask our members to follow. We were perhaps a bit more indulgent in the past but - assuming you're aware of the discussion we've had with TodayIsForgotten a couple of weeks ago - we unfortunately can no longer accept hi-score submissions without initials.

Again, we kindly ask you to either submit a screenshot with your initials included or make use of Adultery's Hi-Score Snapper tool (recommended).

Hoping for your understanding.

~ HS Team

@GC--here you go. The Bomb Jack score is on my other machine at my other place, will get that one next time I'm there.

Thanks for understanding our rule to sumbit a screenshot with your initials included.

We don't ask much of our members other than playing with the correct settings, submit a correct snapshot and play honorable without cheats or extra credits :) If you respect these rules you'll be welcome anytime :)

I can't update the board right away. I'm not at my setup. Maybe one of my fellow mods will update this gameboard in the meantime...

Maybe one of my fellow mods will update this gameboard in the meantime...

Done and done.

Thanks for understanding Cynicaster and resubmitting. Your score has been accepted and entered into the system.

Now, with all the formal stuff out of the way - grats man! Number one. By a mile! Y'all best get yo game on coz dam...

*Updated OP, DB, RSS.

Thanks for understanding our rule to sumbit a screenshot with your initials included.

Naw, it's cool, rules are rules. I think I just formed some bad habits by posting so many scores at AtariAge where they aren't very particular about what constitutes proof.

I totally missed that discusssion with TiF. If I'd seen it, I probably would have taken more care. I don't doubt he got those scores, but for whatever reason, he decided to play loosey-goosey with the burden of proof and a judgment was made accordingly. Fair is fair.

Personally, I think anybody who feels inclined to "cheat" in a competition like this has some serious issues. :D But, if you participate on sites like this long enough, you will see it happen eventually.

I can tell you right now that if videos were required, I'd probably stop participating because it's just not worth the hassle to me. A screenshot with initials is quick and easy, but it provides some level of proof. That's a good balance, IMO.

• Like 1

Naw, it's cool, rules are rules. I think I just formed some bad habits by posting so many scores at AtariAge where they aren't very particular about what constitutes proof.

I totally missed that discusssion with TiF. If I'd seen it, I probably would have taken more care. I don't doubt he got those scores, but for whatever reason, he decided to play loosey-goosey with the burden of proof and a judgment was made accordingly. Fair is fair.

Again, thanks for understanding :).

We also rely on honest players. However, imho it feels "too easy" if I play in a hi-score competition and everybody is allowed to submit their score as a simple text message.

Personally, I think anybody who feels inclined to "cheat" in a competition like this has some serious issues. :D But, if you participate on sites like this long enough, you will see it happen eventually.

I agree with both statements ;) ...it's absolutely sad if somebody feels inclined to cheat in a friendly competition and yes, it's hard to prevent in the long run. Let's just hope it won't happen (again) any time soon ;)

I can tell you right now that if videos were required, I'd probably stop participating because it's just not worth the hassle to me. A screenshot with initials is quick and easy, but it provides some level of proof. That's a good balance, IMO.

A good balance is exactly what I like about our competition ! No hassle with having to submit INP-files, video footage etc. We want a friendly competition where nobody feels the need to have other submissions checked by video evidence or stuff like that.

I figured out a few things -- staying on top of the screen on Level 1, 4, and 7 is very helpful, and item points are doubled while in spinach mode.

ExedExes - 65,260

Tip of the day B):

<spinach mode> double points activated </spinach mode>

Getting awfully close to my #3 score <_< ....nice score Ex ;)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Spinach in a can, I could never figure that out. I remember when I was a kid I would always look for canned spinach at the grocery store but I could never find it....

Gotta cleans out some cobwebs, but it is slowly coming back to me :)

Initials BBS

Score 31,060

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2015-01-21 20.13.34.pngattachicon.gif0009.png

I also progressed slowly with this game....learning how to play each level and gettin' better with each try B)

Anyhoo, nice score to start your Popeye quest :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I tried playing this again today. The first stage is ridiculous, so many hearts to get. Lets see. I beat Bluto with Spinach, put a bucket on his head, punched about 8 cans being thrown at me, and finally made it to stage 2, yet never got on the in-game board. I wonder if there is a way to reset those scores so I can at least enter my initials. Of course, it doesn't matter on our board since I didn't even get to 10th's place's 20k. Oh well.

post-569-0-38093900-1424032828_thumb.png

I tried playing this again today. The first stage is ridiculous, so many hearts to get. Lets see. I beat Bluto with Spinach, put a bucket on his head, punched about 8 cans being thrown at me, and finally made it to stage 2, yet never got on the in-game board. I wonder if there is a way to reset those scores so I can at least enter my initials. Of course, it doesn't matter on our board since I didn't even get to 10th's place's 20k. Oh well.

attachicon.gif0000.png

Is HAM (see screenshot) you alter ego ? :P