All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

more than 347

randr

So, if I'm adding tables and get to 331 in game list manager click add does it say something? Or just not add new table? It's funny cause my wheel says 330 tables and I find it odd I stopped at exactly 330. :) wondering if I added a few and they really didn't get added....no biggy just wondering

ok. i added a second list of visual pinball tables. All table list will not show 2nd list i have to select it and it shows the tables (qty 2) but if i got to All tables it shows 330 not 332 any ideas? should i just manual add to first list for them to show?

update

if i add visual pinball2(2nd database) to visual pinball group it shows 332 under visual pinball tables. but still not 332 under all tables.

Its just the limit the form will allow to be displayed based on the overall size of all controls on the form. Id have to rewrite things to display more, which I may do at some point but since it does not affect many folks Ive left it for now. I was able to get a few extra pixels so that's why its 340 now.

Hmmm it seems when you save a list that is over the max displayed number, only the displayed games go into the xml.

I lost everything from P and up this way :( Lucky I had a backup...

I'm at just about 500 as it is. Would this be an easy issue to tackle?

Hmmm it seems when you save a list that is over the max displayed number, only the displayed games go into the xml.

I lost everything from P and up this way :( Lucky I had a backup...

I'm at just about 500 as it is. Would this be an easy issue to tackle?

I stopped at 330, then added 2 on 2nd database.. crazy that you lost some!! wouldn't think that would happen? yikes!

• 4 weeks later...

added 20 plus more and randomly lost 20+ tables off list did show all 367 until a fresh reboot. I was adding tables manually (not game manager)and i understand its a crap load of tables but want every table on list :) anyone else run into this problem? and anyway to fix it?

Well I found that I lost "most" games after "T" but not all. Added the missing ones back in manually to database and backed the sucker up and is holding now! even after reboots. Doing it manually(hyperpin style) really makes you appreciate the game manager. All good though thanks tom

I thought Tom said there was no limit in PinballX, just the Game Manager.exe.

If its just the Game Manager, rename the Visual Pinball.xml file to vol1.xml, and then create a new list called vol2.xml and add your new tables there. When you are done with Game Manager.exe, exit and run a script to combine vol1.xml and vol2.xml into a single Visual Pinball.xml file (removing the extra <menu> and </menu>)

Here is dos script that would do that:

copy ".\Databases\Visual Pinball\Visual Pinball.xml" ".\Databases\Visual Pinball\Visual Pinball.bak"
type ".\Databases\Visual Pinball\vol1.xml" | findstr /v "</menu>" > ".\Databases\Visual Pinball\Visual Pinball.xml"
type ".\Databases\Visual Pinball\vol2.xml" | findstr /v "<menu>" >> ".\Databases\Visual Pinball\Visual Pinball.xml"
Just put the above into a batch file in the PinballX folder and run it after you use the Game Manager.exe to create the larger Visual Pinball.xml file
I only have 150 tables so it's not an issue for me yet.

I can confirm that it's Game Manager that has the limit.

Saving a file with Game Manager with more tables than the limit, causes you to lose all tables that are over the limit from the xml, sorted alphabetically.

I also lost everything past T this way.

PinballX itself has no limit.

I've been using the Hyperpin XML Editor to edit my lists. That one doesn't have a limit..

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/439-hyperpin-editor-32-64bit/

@ randr - I took the liberty of merging this topic with the one you originally started in September where Tom had addressed the issue as being with the limitations of Game List Manager at present. Since he has already acknowledged the issue and increased the limit to 340, any issues with the list exceeding the 340 limit ares not an unknown. There is no sense in two open threads for the same issue and, since there are some user contributed workarounds, while not ideal, they will have to suffice for now.

I get your point but games disappearing off list I was not aware of. If you add games manually and open game list manager by mistake then I think that's when you loose the games off database not fitting in manager. But if I'm posting known issue that everyone but myself knows about I'll just leave it alone.

It was not my intention to come across that this wasn't in need of attention as it probably is and Tom had noted as much in the original thread that it is "on his radar" for modification at a later time. I'm sure that Tom will probably look into addressing the limits of the Game List Manager in the future. When programming, one has to triage bug fixes based upon severity vs. enhancements to the existing program vs feature additions. Based upon his track record, I am sure that fixes to this program feature will be sooner rather than later.

I've just hit the limit too :( Am I reading correctly that if I go back to using hp xml gen and not use game mgr (ever again) I can continue my diabolical march towards EVERY PINBALL RECREATION ON THE PLANET!!! BwahahHahaha!

Yes you can! Lol!

I've just hit the limit too :( Am I reading correctly that if I go back to using hp xml gen and not use game mgr (ever again) I can continue my diabolical march towards EVERY PINBALL RECREATION ON THE PLANET!!! BwahahHahaha!

My problem with this.. Is the List editor in PinballX is much of what is so great about it. But the limits on list size...... Not so much.

I am going to play around with list views or something... Not sure yet. Beyond that, I love the program.