All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Final] Shoot Em Up Tournament || BIG Final - R-Type II [MAME]

wolfman24

Based upon the final round 3 standings here's what we have decided:

a. those teams where both team members have submitted a round 3 (Flying Shark) score are not being changed as both team members seem to be activily playing in our contest.
b. those teams where both team members haven't submitted a round 3 (Flying Shark) score are not being changed as both team members don't seem to be activily playing in our contest

....So, starting with Elimination Round 1 only two teams are being changed:
* DazzleHP is now teamed up with revj > team name "Dazz Rev"
* celly is now teamed up with joz > team name "Joz Celly"
>>> the results of round 1, 2 and 3 have changed a little due to this. See post #1 for final seeding rounds standings.

Elimination - Winners round 1
This coming week teams ranked # 9 untill # 24 will play "Elimination - winners round 1"

Game = Armed Police Batrider (Japan, B version)
ROMset = batriderj

Please choose "normal course"
Guest ship are allowed

Submissions will be accepted until > countdown link

You will have to install both ROMSet batrider and batriderj to be able to play ROMset batriderj !!

Matches Bracket 1
Match A. - Team Dazz Rev vs Team Steven Kong (Dazzle HP and revj vs stevencassidy13 and Kong)
Match B. - Team Hideyoshi the 3rd gender vs Team Fudgy Barra (Alex Gunslinger and wolfman24 vs FudgyDRS and Barra)

Matches Bracket 2
Match A. - Team Boomstick Ninjas vs Team Hyper Fallout (GimmeClassics and rtkiii vs Hyperboy and fallout_002)
Match B. - Team Exed Dun vs Team Joz Celly (dunpeal2064 and Exed Exes vs Joz and celly)

Matches Bracket 3
Match A. - Team Ball Kernzy vs Team Sid Omega (Ballas and kernzy vs sid seattle and omegashadow)
Match B. - Team Sel Kollision vs Team Drunk Bear (kollisionbr and sel feena vs bearhawk72 and DrunkN)

Matches Bracket 4
Match A. - Team Ebin Kitaru vs Team Road Loc (kitaru and ebinsugawa vs Teddy Loc and roadrunner)
Match B. - Team Cynicaster Offender vs Team QT Trap Appreciation (Cynicaster and M.A.M.E. Offender vs sik 07 and Shimatora)

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

we have changed the double elimination setup to a more preferred format. Due to this new setup the teams who face each other in this first round have been changed. So please look at post #1 for the correct matches. Sorry for this last minute change but quite a few contestants preferred this new setup.

Explanation: All remaining 24 teams are now in one bracket. The 8 best ranked teams still get a bye for the first round.

This new setup decreases the chance of meeting the same opponent in the loser bracket. With the old setup of four brackets there was a high chance of the same team battling it out 3 times in one bracket. The potential best teams face in the semi finals, then again there is a pretty high chance they meet again in the finals. And again a 50% chance to get another Finals round. Having one bracket with all teams in it offers more chances for different match ups and more fun :)

Unfortunately we cannot prevent some will have to compete against teams who are sadly not actively participating.

Tournament standings have been updated > see post #1

I like this game as well but I'm horrible as always.

SUGGESTION: I don't think the scores should be public until the week is up. That way it forces the user to give it their all by the end of the week without knowing what the other team has. Just a thought.

SUGGESTION: I don't think the scores should be public until the week is up. That way it forces the user to give it their all by the end of the week without knowing what the other team has. Just a thought.

I'm cool with that, i posted mine so early (as opposed to previous weeks) coz i may not be here at the weekend. I get what you're saying though and agree completely! I will probably post my (better) score tomorrow night though as i won't be back till weds if i go :)

I'm cool with that, i posted mine so early (as opposed to previous weeks) coz i may not be here at the weekend. I get what you're saying though and agree completely! I will probably post my (better) score tomorrow night though as i won't be back till weds if i go :)

I think you can post as many scores as you want and as early as you want but just need to PM GC instead. If they like the idea that is.

I think you can post as many scores as you want and as early as you want but just need to PM GC instead. If they like the idea that is.

That is a good idea, and probably would've helped Dennis from the outset! If it was made a rule from the start i would've followed it ^_^ or did i miss it??

A lesson for the next tourney maybe :)

EDIT - just to sway myself to keep trying:

post-6865-0-32224700-1391108984_thumb.pn

I like this game as well but I'm horrible as always.

Thank you for your suggestion guys > I'll come back to you about this. I'll have to give it some thought :) Kind of busy at the moment at work so... :wacko:

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

we have changed the double elimination setup to a more preferred format. Due to this new setup the teams who face each other in this first round have been changed. So please look at post #1 for the correct matches. Sorry for this last minute change but quite a few contestants preferred this new setup.

Explanation: All remaining 24 teams are now in one bracket. The 8 best ranked teams still get a bye for the first round.

This new setup decreases the chance of meeting the same opponent in the loser bracket. With the old setup of four brackets there was a high chance of the same team battling it out 3 times in one bracket. The potential best teams face in the semi finals, then again there is a pretty high chance they meet again in the finals. And again a 50% chance to get another Finals round. Having one bracket with all teams in it offers more chances for different match ups and more fun :)

• Like 1

Here's my Armed Police Batrider submission:

initials: DEN

post-10451-0-34184700-1391363101_thumb.p

@ rtkiii / Dazz: could you please keep posting your hi-scores in this thread for now ;) ? It seems the most fair thing to do as we can see everybody's hi-score submission. Of course you can choose to wait longer to post your hi-score here. I may change my mind...but I'm too busy :wacko::unsure: right now to change rules and stuff...sorry.

Nice score Team mate ;)

Wow, this is one high octane shooter!! I hope I can find it in my playing skills to hit 2 mil.

Nice score Mame Offender !!

Elimination round 1 final standings

contestv45.jpg

Double Elimination - Round 2
This coming week seeding round teams ranked # 1 untill # 8 will play vs the winners of Elimination round 1
Those teams who have lost during Elimination Round 1 will play next week against those teams who will lose Elimination Round 2.
Game = Gunlock
ROMset = gunlock
Please use the following game settings:
PLAYER STOCK : 3
PLAYER EXTEND : 1000000/2000000
RAPID FIRE : ON
DIFFICULTY R1 : NORMAL
R2 : NORMAL
R3 : NORMAL
R4 : NORMAL
R5 : NORMAL
R6 : NORMAL
R7 : NORMAL
Teams - matches
Legendary Saucey i/a
Dazz Rev i/b
Homing Shotglass j/a
Cynicaster Offender j/b
Gaijin Bros k/a
Ebin Kitaru k/b
Despatche Edge l/a
Hideyoshi the 3rd gender l/b
Unprecedented Serious Affair m/a
Boomstick Ninjas m/b
Dan McGoo n/a
Sel Kollision n/b
Today is Jig o/a
Ball Kernzy o/b
Ryd n' Awesome p/a
Exed Dun p/b

I don't have an option to see or change settings (.152) :huh:

I don't have an option to see or change settings (.152) :huh:

Start game > wait for 5 seconds countdown > hit F2 > go to configuration || you can select a menu option with the "number 1" key.

I hope this helps you out Dazz ;)

Wow. My high so far is far shy of what is needed for victory. Not looking too promising.

Oh well, at least it is double elimination.(° °)

------

`----'

Gunlock is an absolutely awesome title! With excellent graphics and sound, smooth 3D animation and a very original concept, this title was lots of fun! Unfortunately I came quite short of what I needed for the round.

I am still having an issue with posting screenshots with my cellphone and my dilemma will be resolved by this Friday. I am hoping it won't be an issue since we took the loss on the round anyways.

My high on this toughy was:

Double Elimination Round 3
This week the losers of Elimination Round 1 will play agains the losers of Elimination Round 2.
Those teams who have won during Elimination Round 2 will play against each other next week (more info)
Game = Mahou Daisakusen (japan)
ROMset = mahoudai (romset sstriker should be installed to be able to start romset mahoudai !)
Lives: 3
Bonus Life: Every 300K
Difficulty: Medium / Normal
Invulnerability (Cheat): Off
Allow Continue: No
Teams - matches
Ryd n' Awesome z/a
road loc z/b
ball kernzy aa/a
fudgy barra aa/b
Dan McGoo ab/a
steven kong ab/b
Boomstick Ninjas ac/a
QT Trap Appreciation ac/b
hideyoshi the 3rd gender ad/a
sid omega ad/b
ebin kitaru ae/a
joz celly ae/b
Cynicaster Offender af/a 0
hyper fallout af/b 0
dazz rev ag/a 0
squire bear ag/b 0

Start game > wait for 5 seconds countdown > hit F2 > go to configuration || you can select a menu option with the "number 1" key.

I hope this helps you out Dazz ;)

Perfect! Cheers for the assistance! :) Unfortunately i couldn't really give this one a decent shot due to unforeseen circumstances.

Gunlock is an absolutely awesome title! With excellent graphics and sound, smooth 3D animation and a very original concept, this title was lots of fun!

Reminds me of Kamui! BADLY! But then Siter Skain drew his influences from this (well RayStorm). I would have liked a bit more time on this one due to how much i love Kamui, and infact emplore anyone who enjoyed Gunlock to check out not just Kamui, but the Siter Skain trilogy. They are brilliant pieces of work, lovingly crafted and have a familiarity that draws you in, with enough twists n tweaks to make you want to master them.

To the remaining contestants, i wish you the best of luck - it has been a lot of fun and hope we can all do it again soon.

~Daz

Perfect! Cheers for the assistance! :) Unfortunately i couldn't really give this one a decent shot due to unforeseen circumstances.

Reminds me of Kamui! BADLY! But then Siter Skain drew his influences from this (well RayStorm). I would have liked a bit more time on this one due to how much i love Kamui, and infact emplore anyone who enjoyed Gunlock to check out not just Kamui, but the Siter Skain trilogy. They are brilliant pieces of work, lovingly crafted and have a familiarity that draws you in, with enough twists n tweaks to make you want to master them.

To the remaining contestants, i wish you the best of luck - it has been a lot of fun and hope we can all do it again soon.

~Daz

you know your still in it, this is a double elimination you are playing squire bear