All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Final] Shoot Em Up Tournament || BIG Final - R-Type II [MAME]

wolfman24

Final results seeding Round 1 - Salamander

The top 7 contestants were able to break the 1-million mark. Great job guys !!

Congratulations to Sauceykobold with his amazing score of 1,949,300 points :)

round1results-final.jpg

SEEDING ROUND 2 HAS STARTED !!

GAME = Nemesis (Gradius has been replaced by Nemesis !)

ROMset = nemesis

Please use default settings

Hi-score submissions will be accepted until > link

Good luck everyone !!

> Tournament standings have been updated: please see post #1

Nemesis seems to be much better than Gradiu for two big reasons:

1). Nemesis actually gives you a decent chance at rebuilding your powerups after dying.

2). Less slowdowns.

I still have some time, but am skeptical that I can pass the 7th board.

post-25790-0-14437500-1390155869_thumb.j

I have absolutely no enthusiasm for this game lol Never played this or Gradius in the arcade - i played Gradius for 2 minutes on a friends NES i think, maybe it was a MasterSystem who knows, either way i instantly disliked it and i still do :P Don't matter what tactics i try (even if i copy the demo guy!) that dam volcano gets me *sigh* ONCE i got past the past the volcano and got this:

post-6865-0-81159800-1390244494_thumb.pn

i'm done with this now <_<

I had a completely different experience than DAZ. I fired this up on my cabinet not even knowing what it was and the music kicked in and I was transported...somewhere in my "Time Machine" toi a place of joy and glory. I suck at the game but It blew my mind I knew what this game was. Probably have not played since it was NES...is my guess as I don;t remember it in the arcade.

Final results seeding Round 2 - Nemesis

With his amazing score of 893,200 points Sauceykobold has also won round 2. Congratulations :)

note: those teams who didn't came up with a team name have now been given a name by us ;)

round2results-final.jpg

SEEDING ROUND 3 HAS STARTED !!

GAME = Flying Shark (World)

ROMset = fshark
Please use default settings

Hi-score submissions will be accepted until > link

Good luck everyone !!

> Tournament standings have been updated: please see post #1

I played this next one quite a bit last night...man this thing is tough! I'll post my score sometime this week.

Tell me bout it! It took me quite a few tries just to get this far. I'll try n better it tomorrow.

I love the music in this btw, it reminds me so badly of something but i can't quite figure out what! I'm sure its another Taito but can't quite put my finger on it.

post-6865-0-56197000-1390404583_thumb.pn

Tell me bout it! It took me quite a few tries just to get this far. I'll try n better it tomorrow.

I love the music in this btw, it reminds me so badly of something but i can't quite figure out what! I'm sure its another Taito but can't quite put my finger on it.

attachicon.giffshark.01.png

I think I'm like at 131K - ended at LVL 30

I can't seem to roll into the fifth board with a decent weapon! No doubt that is the secret because of the increasing number of enemies, especially after the boss plane.

post-25790-0-93997100-1390784678_thumb.j

DOUBLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT

A couple of hours left...and the double elimination part of our tournament will start !!

General info:

* The 8 highest seeded teams will get a bye for elimination round / week 1

* Only the top 24 ranked teams will qualify for the double elimination tournament

* the elimination part of our tournament has 4 brackets of teams. With one loss you will go into the loser's bracket where you will have to fight your way back.

* we will publish when and which game a team has to play each round / week. This depends on your rank after the seeding rounds and whether or not staying in the winners bracket or having to fight your way back in the loser's bracket.

Elimination - Winners round 1

This coming week teams ranked # 9 untill # 24 will play "Elimination - winners round 1"

Game = Armed Police Batrider (Japan, B version)

ROMset = batriderj

You will have to install both ROMSet batrider and batriderj to be able to play ROMset batriderj !!

Matches Bracket 1

A. Team ranked # 16 vs Team ranked # 20

B. Team ranked # 12 vs Team ranked # 24

Matches Bracket 2

A. Team ranked # 15 vs Team ranked # 19

B. Team ranked # 11 vs Team ranked # 23

Matches Bracket 3

A. Team ranked # 14 vs Team ranked # 18

B. Team ranked # 10 vs Team ranked # 22

Matches Bracket 4

A. Team ranked # 13 vs Team ranked # 17

B. Team ranked # 9 vs Team ranked # 21