All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GameEx not listing Mame roms past CarnEvil since last update.

UNFORGIVEN II

It has to do with the history.dat file. There is a | separator placed in the description of Carnevil. If you go do a manual edit of the history.dat and takeaway the separator, then rebuild the list everything will be fine.

Took me a while to figure this one out.

• Like 2

Maybe the other roms not showing up are due to verification. Once I "fixed" the history.dat file I got roms past Carnevil with verification turned on. Prior to the change not all roms were listed regardless of verification and the database that was built for MAME stopped at Carnevil.

When I pulled the history.day out from the pointer in the Setup Wizard all roms appeared, albeit with no history.

Dont know what to say, but I have the latest MAME 0.150, history.dat and everything else. No problems at all. My Neo Geo Section says 151 Roms are there. There must be a faulty History.dat you use or some other faulty stuff, that is used, when GameEx is generating the list.

All games here, even the XCOTA.

Get all the files from here: http://www.gameex.com/Download/Supportfiles.aspx

Like i said, no problems here at all.

Good Luck

GameEx not listing Mame roms past CarnEvil since last update. I've tried updating the list several times and no luck. I have all the latest dats and the current 1.50 version of Mame. Any help would be very appreciated.

When you say "since the last update", do you mean updating GameEx or Mame?

Just to verify the current state of affairs, all games are displayed, but the Neo Geo category isn't listed in the category selection list? If that's the case it sounds to me like there might be some kind of issue with the catver.ini you're using. It might be worthwhile to replace your current version of the file with one found here: http://www.progettoemma.net/?catlist

Thats the ini I am using. The only way I can get all the games listed is to disable filter in advanced settings and to delete the history dat. Even then there is not any Neo Geo listed. I've re-dowloaded everything including GameEx (re-installing) and that as far as I have been able to get so far. Anything else results in GameEx only listing to CarnEvil.