All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

• 5 weeks later...

aaand my video about shinobi. in spanish sorry. The idea is to record videos of me playing just 1 credit with my last coin, speaking about the game, telling nonsense, stupid jokes, cursing and... well, what you would say if somebody were listening to you while you play :D

• Like 1

aaand my video about shinobi. in spanish sorry. The idea is to record videos of me playing just 1 credit with my last coin, speaking about the game, telling nonsense, stupid jokes, cursing and... well, what you would say if somebody were listening to you while you play :D

I think it's a great idea if our hi-score members post videos of gameplay sessions B) . Maybe you could post some english spoken videos or add subtitles ? ;)

Which program do you use when recording your gameplay session ?

If I use my compiled Mame build to record videos it totally screws up my hi-score table :blink: . I have to use an un-compiled version of MAME and a 3-rd party program to record a session...I'd really like to learn more about succesfully recording games in a way which is very easy and user-friendly. Using Mame and converting INP to MPG for example would be ideal. Haven't been quite succesful to do this however...

I'm actually using two programs to get the videos, on the arcade, I'm using BANDICAM, as it creates videos much smaller than fraps (MP4), but I can't make it record sound properly, it just records glitchs clicks and buzzs... so I use it to record without sound, then I record myself with a camcorder, so I record my face, my voice and arcade sounds.

I couldn't find any screen capture program that could save small sized videos, don't produce lag on games, and saves audio and video without problem, so this was the best I could find right now...

I use then power director to mix the different video layers, sync sound with the arcade video, add effects, insert coin small video, intro...

I'm not good speaking in english, not as fluent as I would like though, and if I have to play and think about what I want to say, my gameplay videos would last less than a minute :D
Adding subtitles is a pain in the... you first need to transcribe everything on the video, and many things I say in spanish has no direct translation in english, some of then are expressions that have no meaning when translated into english, so translation can be tricky, and then play back each one and sync them... it took me a while just adding subs to the intro video, and it's barely 1 minute...

I write in english far better than speak in english :D

• Like 1

Shinobi is a fantastic game, I don't think I see it in high score competitions, but why the heck not?

I loved the game, but for the longest time, I had no idea as to how to beat the first boss. My 10-11 year old self could not comprehend it. Then I finally figured it out and got pretty far, to Mission 4 fairly well on most runs.

I had a couple of scores here because I had to get back to it. That third boss is designed to take your lives away!

ExedExes - 170,240 - Settings were confirmed as correctly used on MAMEUI32 0.141

post-25936-0-36046100-1391399356_thumb.p

• Like 1

Shinobi is a fantastic game, I don't think I see it in high score competitions, but why the heck not?

I loved the game, but for the longest time, I had no idea as to how to beat the first boss. My 10-11 year old self could not comprehend it. Then I finally figured it out and got pretty far, to Mission 4 fairly well on most runs.

I had a couple of scores here because I had to get back to it. That third boss is designed to take your lives away!

ExedExes - 170,240 - Settings were confirmed as correctly used on MAMEUI32 0.141

Congratulations on getting top spot, I had a feeling someone would take number 1 soon.

I'm actually using two programs to get the videos, on the arcade, I'm using BANDICAM, as it creates videos much smaller than fraps (MP4), but I can't make it record sound properly, it just records glitchs clicks and buzzs... so I use it to record without sound, then I record myself with a camcorder, so I record my face, my voice and arcade sounds.

I couldn't find any screen capture program that could save small sized videos, don't produce lag on games, and saves audio and video without problem, so this was the best I could find right now...

I use then power director to mix the different video layers, sync sound with the arcade video, add effects, insert coin small video, intro...

I'm not good speaking in english, not as fluent as I would like though, and if I have to play and think about what I want to say, my gameplay videos would last less than a minute :D

Adding subtitles is a pain in the... you first need to transcribe everything on the video, and many things I say in spanish has no direct translation in english, some of then are expressions that have no meaning when translated into english, so translation can be tricky, and then play back each one and sync them... it took me a while just adding subs to the intro video, and it's barely 1 minute...

I write in english far better than speak in english :D

Thanks man ! If I have some more spare time :wacko: I'll definitely look into the game recording hobby ;)

You have submitted some really nice scores !! You've proven to be a real ninja :ph34r: by beating KRC's shinobi record. Congratz B)

I'm glad you're enthusiastic about playing our hi-score games. You're more than welcome !!

You were able to climb our Leaderboard from spot #15 to #5. Keep up the good work ;)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

Newer Score Submission

Initials - KRC

I got to the mission 5 boss and got annihilated. :(

KRC's game playing frenzy ;) ....You've submitted some really amazing scores today. Keep up the good work !!

....you are about to become the GameEx Hi-score King when you're sumitting more of these amazing hi-scores B)

I tried putting the dip switches on fast bullet speed, and got rocked pretty quick.

On our settings, I have hit a snag on the third boss and haven't gone beyond that.

post-25790-0-61992500-1392677733_thumb.j

I tried putting the dip switches on fast bullet speed, and got rocked pretty quick.

On our settings, I have hit a snag on the third boss and haven't gone beyond that.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140216_2056231.jpg

Nice job! Still hella better than me. I still have trouble with the first boss when I try playing it every now and then.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 2 months later...

Bumping up my score... There's literally no way to beat that helicopter...

attachicon.gif430201411951-1.jpg

Nice score Adultery B) ....I actually still haven't seen any helicopter <_<:huh:;)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

* @ Adultery > a top 10 LB position !

* @ Darren > you'll have to defend your 10th place to prevent becoming a +10-er ;)

* @ Darren > you'll have to defend your 10th place to prevent becoming a +10-er ;)

Understood! Though if i recall i've only posted in around 8 games? I'll get my game on real soon don't you worry ;) Once i finish my DB - man that is time consuming work! It's a bit addictive too :)

• 3 months later...

Beating the 3rd boss is a matter of getting close to the scrolling enemies, shooting and jumping simultaneously. One missed step with this process and you get trapped and die instantly.

Does anyone know how many boards are on Shinobi??

• 3 months later...