All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Joust

• 4 weeks later...

Joust! Another one I adored on the 2600. Pretty good port considering what little they had to work with graphically.

I realized this game saves old scores too when you reset -- everything under this new one starting with 66K came from years of previous play. However, a fresh new score now that I got my stick working again.

ExedExes - 105,000

(I wanted over 105K and losing lives gets you 50 pts. So 104,950 and death made it pretty perfect!)

post-25936-0-38155300-1392956379_thumb.p

I realized this game saves old scores too when you reset -- everything under this new one starting with 66K came from years of previous play. However, a fresh new score now that I got my stick working again.

ExedExes - 105,000

Nice improvement on your personal best score !! Puts you in second place :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

I sure do have a hard time with this one. It is very frustrating. I should stay away from this one and just be happy to be on the board so I can keep my sanity in tact.

Default dip switch settings used

V0.122

post-25790-0-05422700-1393741823_thumb.j

I thought I would totally blow everybody out of the water with this one. I played it so much on the home version. Then I tried the MAME version for this competition, and it seems to me like the game moves to fast or something.

You're right though, get your name on the board, get some points on the leaderboard, and come back to it whenever you feel like you want to try and get a better score. Best let the pro's keep you intimidated. :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

my entry

Hello GeorgeT,

I've been absent for a few days, i come back and i like what i see! You've been rocking the boat and we like this! By the way i'm Darren/Daz and i'll be following your scores. Welcome to the comp and keep 'em coming! :)

*Updated OP, DB, RSS.

Thanks Dazzle, when I saw there was a Bank Panic comp I HAD to enter, saw all the other games and figured I could get some points on all/most of them? creep my way up the leaderboard. :)

Thanks Dazzle, when I saw there was a Bank Panic comp I HAD to enter, saw all the other games and figured I could get some points on all/most of them? creep my way up the leaderboard. :)

And by gosh did you destroy that! :o Credit where it's due that was an insane contribution! Can you do more? I'd like to see that! B)

• 1 year later...

BAM - 53,150

I got in trouble during pharmacy school for playing this game on my Palm Pilot when I was supposed to be rounding on patients in the hospital. I still hold a grudge against that smelly butthole who ratted me out to my preceptor.

Oh, and I was a lot better at Joust back then, too.

20160304155747.jpg

• Like 2

The only time I ever played this (before GameEx) was on our Atari 800, and I used to be awesome with it.  Then GameEx (and our competition) came and I suddenly learned I'm not that good.  Even if I took my old playing days I probably wouldn't be anywhere near the skill level of our competitors here!

- Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...