All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Joust

Joust
Joust Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 Luigimaker 156,850 Luigimaker's Hi-Score Entry
2 KRC 151,850 KRC's Hi-Score Entry
3 stephen 148,850 stephen's Hi-Score Entry
4 ExedExes 105,000 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
5 millerbrad 87,800 millerbrad's Hi-Score Entry
6 ehuonder 85,700 ehuonder's Hi-Score Entry
7 be77amy 77,400 be77amy's Hi-Score Entry
8 RedDog 63,400 RedDog's Hi-Score Entry
9 murve33 59,850 murve33's Hi-Score Entry
10 Mame Offender 59,100 Mame Offender's Hi-Score Entry
Last Updated by hansolo77: 04-05-2018

plus10.jpg

1. wolfman24 - 52,850 (link)
  2. GeorgeT - 50,100 (link)
  3. GimmeClassics - 46,850 (link)
  4. rtkiii - 39,550 (link)
  5. hansolo77 - 32,550 (link)
  6. DazzleHP - 24,550 points (link)
  7. helpman - 21,800 points (link)

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Joust:

ROMSet: Joust
Internal Settings
-----------------
Extra Men Every: 20000
Men For 1 Credit Game: 5
Difficulty of Play: 5
Special Rules: This is a Single Player Only Variation! You cannot kill more than ten pteradactyls per wave or the score will be disqualified on grounds of point-scrabbing. [VIDEO LINK]

The green coloured default values match the Twin Galaxies settings.
The red coloured values need to be changed!
---> If you never played this before, you must restart it after factory settings are installed.

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide: :link:
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide: :link:
# general rules for submitting your hi-score: :link:

I'll start things off here..

Score > 12500

Here is my first entry.

Like Han said > nice to see such enthusiasm for this true arcade classic. Good job !

Congrats be77amy > you're now no. 2 at our All Time Leaderboard :)

Updated Leaderboard

39,550 - note I did this on a Keyboard but find I enjoy it far more on my Cabinet at home. It seems to control better. I should be able to beat this score on my home setup. :)

post-11179-0-30489800-1380811179_thumb.j

Here's my 1st entry!

post-569-0-25948100-1380815022_thumb.png

Score: 26050

Initials: HAN

Kinda sucks, I noticed (at least for me) that it doesn't save the in game scores after you close it down. I had 1 score (only like 7k) and closed it down then I reopened it an hour later or so and that score wasn't there anymore. Oh well. Side Note: this game is a LOT harder than it used to be on the Atari. LOL! Still, it's fun. I think the player's ostrich moves a lot faster side to side than on the Atari.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Here's my 1st entry!

attachicon.gifjoust0000.png

Score: 26050

Initials: HAN

Kinda sucks, I noticed (at least for me) that it doesn't save the in game scores after you close it down. I had 1 score (only like 7k) and closed it down then I reopened it an hour later or so and that score wasn't there anymore. Oh well. Side Note: this game is a LOT harder than it used to be on the Atari. LOL! Still, it's fun. I think the player's ostrich moves a lot faster side to side than on the Atari.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

I have a special compiled High Score version of v143 that allows this. If I couldn't save high scores I would not have built my arcade cabinet.

I have a special compiled High Score version of v143 that allows this. If I couldn't save high scores I would not have built my arcade cabinet.

I compiled my own to allow it as well, but it doesn't work for this game for me. It works on a bunch of the others though.

I compiled my own to allow it as well, but it doesn't work for this game for me. It works on a bunch of the others though.

Do you have both hi and nvram directories in your MAME folder? Some games require one while some the other. The hi folder doesn't get automatically created, well not in my experience.

Yeah, I have the /hi folder and a joust.hi file, but whenever I load up the game all the ram gets cleared out. Probably some switch I have to enable somewhere on the game (not via dips, but the other way). I'll play around with it and see what I can turn up.

Yeah, I have the /hi folder and a joust.hi file, but whenever I load up the game all the ram gets cleared out. Probably some switch I have to enable somewhere on the game (not via dips, but the other way). I'll play around with it and see what I can turn up.

Yeah because I believe mine saves fine and I did not have to do anything special for this game.

>>Extra Men Every: 0000

Does this mean NO extra men? Or is it a typo. The default is "extra mount every 20,000 points".

>>Men For 1 Credit Game: 5
>>Difficulty of Play: 5

>>Special Rules: This is a Single Player Only Variation! You cannot kill more than ten [10] pteradactyls per wave or the score will be disqualified on grounds of point-scrabbing.
I did NOT kill more than 10 pterodactyls in any wave. :wacko:

0001_zpsbcee2758.png

Edit: In case it isn't obvious - STF stands for Stephen, and my score is 148,850.

>>Extra Men Every: 0000

Does this mean NO extra men? Or is it a typo. The default is "extra mount every 20,000 points".

I have changed it to 20,000 points. We're now using the marathon settings for this game. I have changed the link to Twin Galaxies in post #1. It doesn't effect any of the scores submitted. It uses the same settings (internal default) but it states you get an extra men every 20,000 points. Thank you for noticing Stephen :)

EDIT: just to be clear > if you haven't changed any settings in the past (I don't even have a "dip switch menu option" for this game) you don't have to change anything as you have to use the internal default settings.

>>Special Rules: This is a Single Player Only Variation! You cannot kill more than ten [10] pteradactyls per wave or the score will be disqualified on grounds of point-scrabbing.

I did NOT kill more than 10 pterodactyls in any wave. :wacko:

I think you really have to be a pro player to be able to kill more than 10 pterodactyls in one wave :wacko:

We do however show you this rule because we're using the Twin Galaxies settings for each of our hi-score games.

0001_zpsbcee2758.png

Edit: In case it isn't obvious - STF stands for Stephen, and my score is 148,850.

You're really raising the bar with this score. You could well be the first one winning a GOTM competition twice. But the October competition has just begun and I like a challenge ;)

Great job Stephen :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

That... score... is.... INSANE!! Wow way to go Stephen! An yeah, I've always known about the 0000 thing. I wasn't sure what to do since that was exactly how it was posted on Twin Galaxies. I just copy/pasted the whole thing. Maybe it means you're not allowed to play with extra lives over their, or maybe its just a missing typo they just never saw. Either way, GC fixed it and all's well. :)