All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] GameEx Hi-Score Snapper

Adultery

I unchecked 'Screenshot' but there's still a conflict. I don't really know what all those check boxes are but CPWizard only works for me the way I have it configured.

I've made some progress with the Snapper and CPWizard not conflicting anymore but I'm having trouble with CPWizard now when using the showkey.

Basically, I've got my settings like smario shows which is the Method 1 default way to setup CPWizard per Headkaze's website. I've got Mame setup to pause by a keyboard 'p' and in CPWizard I've got the showkey setup to '6' so as method 1 notes show I've got these different which is required.

I now can't get CPwizard to work like it should though and it also seems inconsistent. I'm losing focus as CPWizard pops up then goes away. When I shut down GameEx, CPWizard is there in the background.

Anyone run into a CPWizard or another program focus issue with GameEx? I've tried various settings and can't get it right. I'll do some more research on this but any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi man!

Tried your cool plugin but it seems to mess with my HLSL function not sowing up properly.

i have to delete the game's ini file for it to reset after I've deactivated the plugin.

Running with it is as having HLSL deactivated which I think is kind of a bummer

(jumpstyle's build of MAMEUIFX 62 without direct input)

cheers

Hi man!

Tried your cool plugin but it seems to mess with my HLSL function not sowing up properly.

i have to delete the game's ini file for it to reset after I've deactivated the plugin.

Running with it is as having HLSL deactivated which I think is kind of a bummer

(jumpstyle's build of MAMEUIFX 62 without direct input)

cheers

HLSL needs D3D to work and the snapper by default uses DDraw (which in turn will disable your HLSL). Try enabling "Mame Snap Mode" in the Snapper config. Not sure how much of an impact Direct Input will have on this, but i think this is the reason Adultery added this mode :)

• Like 3

Sorry, I've been sick this week with some sort of eye virus or something that's really been messing with me.

I don't use gamextender.

I tested again for a couple hours again this morning and can't get cpwizard and the snapper to work together like I'd like. I can get one or the other but not both at the same time.

I reverted back to my compiled mame without direct input as that is the only way I can get cpwizard working for me. Interestingly, after I put back in no-direct input mame, I tried the snapper and it appeared to be working. It would make the camera sounds and make jpegs. However, when looking at the snaps, they all the same and aren't actually making a snap of whats on the screen but just show a title snap or something all identical. I looked in my mame snaps folder and don't see where its getting it from so I don't know what's happening here.

I also tried to just pushing F12 in mame and that is not working for me either. I see in the mame general inputs that its set to kbd F12 not alt not shift or similar and I haven't changed this so I don't know why that doesn't work. I can push a normal printscreen on the keyboard and paste it in a document so that's what I've got for now. I'm not sure if that's acceptable to submit as a high score or not if I can even get any.

I also loaded up wolfmame and got that working but I'd still have to do just a windows printscreen.

Not sure what to tell ya, sorry... It really is outside of the project scope to be compatible with all sorts of outside variables. :'(

You don't need the tool to participate, it just makes it easier. :)

and aren't actually making a snap of whats on the screen but just show a title snap or something all identical

Perhaps it's your desktop or 2nd monitor or something? I can't really say without seeing the snap.

Yes, definitely lots of variables with different computers/mames/video cards/etc.

Here's a couple snaps it took no matter where I'm at in the game. Its always the same snap.

I'm not running a second monitor.

Edit - as I look closely at these 2 I see a difference now. Definitely not what was happening when I took the same though. Let me try some more testing.

Edit2 - These screenshots were old and not the correct ones so I deleted these in this post.

I've been trying different settings but the only screenshots I get are these.

I see what happened now - those screenshots in the previous post were not the most recent which was a mistake when I posted. They were older ones when I had direct-input mame compiled running.

Where is this screenshot coming from? I hear the camera click and it makes a jpg file and names it but its always the same.

post-8007-0-07057800-1425837602_thumb.jp

post-8007-0-49285000-1425837608_thumb.jp

post-8007-0-60091800-1425837614_thumb.jp

Didn't you say you don't have Direct Input in the mame version you're using?

You can't use internal mame mode without DI.

You need to disable that section and enable 'global snap mode' instead.

I got it working. The key was to enable the Global snaps and disable the mame options. I tried lots of things but never tried that combo of options.

I'm using compiled mame without direct input. I'm also using CPWizard with different options than shown on the CPWizard website.

Here's my setups.

Thanks Adultery!

post-8007-0-55962900-1425842066_thumb.jp

post-8007-0-50369500-1425842112_thumb.jp

post-8007-0-00264600-1425842169_thumb.jp

post-8007-0-07960200-1425842388_thumb.jp

post-8007-0-10107200-1425842400_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm trying to configure this great plugin, but when i press the hotkey I hear the sound, but no screeshot is taken on default directory.

22/06/2015 8:50:24 : Hi-Score Snapper (Version: 1.0.6)

22/06/2015 8:50:24 : 14.11 INITIALIZED OK!: GameEx

22/06/2015 8:50:24 : Cleaning up old data...

22/06/2015 8:50:24 : INIT PLUGIN: Initialization completed!

22/06/2015 8:50:24 : MAME version: 0.162

22/06/2015 8:50:24 : MAME check complete!

22/06/2015 8:50:51 : Checking for HiScore...

22/06/2015 8:50:56 : ERROR: Could not connect to DracLabs! Forcing override!

22/06/2015 8:50:56 : Starting snap monitor...

22/06/2015 8:51:15 : MAME [iNTERNAL SNAP]: Sent keyboard event to MAME window successfully!

22/06/2015 8:51:22 : MAME [iNTERNAL SNAP]: Sent keyboard event to MAME window successfully!

22/06/2015 8:52:10 : Stopping snap monitor...

22/06/2015 8:52:22 : Saving XML...

22/06/2015 8:52:22 : Cleaning up...

22/06/2015 8:52:22 : Hasta la vista... Baby.

The "uh oh" sounds means something is not right :P You'll here a "click" when everything is ok :)

Seeing as you mentioned using MameUIFX you probably don't have DirectInput enabled MAME (you'd usually need to compile it yourself) so try unchecking "Enable MAME Snap Mode".

• Like 1

Thanks for the assist Dazz!

Unfortunately it doesn't currently check to see if the snap actually exists, just if there's a problem sending the command to mame. Lack of DI would produce a false positive. I'll change the sound to an 'Uh-oh' if the snap doesn't actually get there next version.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

In case you didn't see the other thread, I noticed an incompatibility of the Hi Score Snapper plugin with integrated model 2 support. Apparently the Snapper adds some command line parameters which prevent the model 2 emulator from launching games. Since I'm using the Hi Score Snapper a lot, I'd really appreciate this to be fixed.

Thanks a lot!

Is there a Model2 game in the comp or are you forcing the plugin to run no matter what the game is?

No matter,  I'll take care of this quick. I'll also add an exception for ZiNc while I'm in there.  Hang tight.