All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Daemon Tools Support

Stu1983

Hey everyone, after moving house I finally got around to unpacking my cabinet.

I thought I would give it a good test run before everyone is around for my birthday this weekend.

I updated to the latest version but now GameEx fails to mount with my Daemon Tools.

The log says:

00:37:48.5  19/09/2013:  Mounting: E:\Sega Saturn\Roms\Alien Trilogy.mds00:37:48.5  19/09/2013:  Mounting: E:\Sega Saturn\Roms\Alien Trilogy.mds00:38:25.3  19/09/2013:  Unable to mount ISO. Did you install ISO Support when installing GameEx?

When GameEx first added support for Daemon Tools I had trouble but I got it sorted with Tom's help.

I've checked and my drive still has vendor ID 'DTSOFT'

When I click the game a loading screen appears for about a minute before returning to GameEX as if something is timing out.

I tried updating to the latest Daemon Tools Lite 4.47

Not sure what else to try the command I'm running for SSF is

SSF.exe [-VIRTUALDRIVE-]

I've attached my full log

I only use Daemon Tools for SSF so I'm sure I could setup a batch file again.

Thanks

Stu

log.txt

Hi Stu!

You might try altering your command line to the following as some have reported better success using [VIRTUALDRIVE]:\

SSF.exe [VIRTUALDRIVE]:\

If that still doesn't do the trick, I'd recommend giving Adultery's Virtual Drive Loader plugin a try. The plugin will grant you a more granular level of control over how images are mounted in DaemonTools. Among other things it will allow you to specify whether you're loading to a virtual DT or virtual SCSI drive.

With the help of Adultery's plugin I have found the problem, it's definitely a bug for Tom to sort.

I keep my Saturn roms in
E:\Sega Saturn\Roms\EURO

and

E:\Sega Saturn\Roms\USA

I have my rom path set in GameEx E:\Sega Saturn\Roms but also set to scan sub folders, it sees all my games no problem.

When I try to launch a game say Area 51 which is in the USA folder I can see from Adultery's log that it has actually tried to mount from the ROMS folder rather than the USA subfolder
E:\Sega Saturn\Roms\Area 51 (USA).cue

instead of

E:\Sega Saturn\Roms\USA\Area 51 (USA).cue
To confirm I have now set my rom path to E:\Sega Saturn\Roms\USA and GameEx has no trouble mounting the files.
Also to confirm that the command line for SSF is definitely
SSF.exe [-VIRTUALDRIVE-]

Using

SSF.exe [VIRTUALDRIVE]:\

causes the emu to load then crash, SSF doesn't expect any extra arguments to be passed