All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Working on a GameEx getting started doc, demystify for the newbie

Congrats on the cab... I'm still working on restoring the old cab I bought, tis all fun!

Nice catch with emumovies, looks like I missed adding the details in the setup wizard, I'll do that now thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Added an addendum to the backup section, These days I find it simpler to simply follow three rules then backup the entire GameEx and Emulator folders... better safe than sorry ;-)

Agreed about backups! I work in IT and I have to admit to being a bit remiss myself, despite hearing the anguish from those when I tell them I cannot recover their hard work because they didn't follow those simple steps!

• Like 1

Its the hours and hours of my time!! if I lost it I'd not want to do it again!! Even following my current backup method I'm looking at hours of restoration... I'm tempted to look at the various windows bare metal recovery options.... I work primarily in Linux, have done for over 10 years so my windows is a little rusty

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I wanted to download the 3d cabinets but the link in the guide does not work. I've looked on this site but can't find them.

--------------From the guide-------------

1) Go to the GameEx website and download the 3D arcade cabinet models zip file.

http://www.gameex.com/Download/Addons,utilitiesandmedia.aspx

--------------

Where can I download these?

Thanks