All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Q*Bert

hansolo77

Q*Bert
Q*Bert Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 Mame Offender 176,485 Mame Offender's Hi-Score Entry
2 KRC 157,285 KRC's Hi-Score Entry
3 stephen 143,980 stephen's Hi-Score Entry
4 murve33 86,785 murve33's Hi-Score Entry
5 ExedExes 53,380 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
6 rtkiii 51,310 rtkiii's Hi-Score Entry
7 Yung-Jedi 48,145 Yung-Jedi's Hi-Score Entry
8 GimmeClassics 41,835 GimmeClassics's Hi-Score Entry
9 ehuonder 34,105 ehuonder's Hi-Score Entry
10 Luigimaker 26,110 Luigimaker's Hi-Score Entry
Last Updated by GimmeClassics: 02-26-2018

plus10.jpg

1. millerbrad - 25,375 (link)
  2. be77amy - 15,490 (link)
  3. Adultery - 15,380 (link)
  4. wolfman24 - 12,010 (link)
  5. DazzleHP - 11,540 (link)
  6. helpman - 5,325 (link)
  7. hansolo77 - 2,800 (link)

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Q*Bert:
ROMSet: QBert
Kicker: On
Cabinet: Upright
Auto Round Advance [Cheat]: Off
Free Play: Off
SW5: Off
SW7: Off
SW8: Off
Service Mode: Off
Internal Defaults
-----------------
3 Lives Per Game
Difficulty: Normal
First Extra Life: 8000
Extra Life Each Additional: 14000
Special Rules: The use of the trick to cause all enemies to disappear is BANNED. Any engagement of this tactic will immediately nullify your performance as per TG decision dated Jul26/2006. [Walter Day/Robert T Mruczek]

---> The above are the default internal settings for this title and need not be changed.
For those playing with a keyboard > when you want to confirm your initials at the Q*Bert in-game high score table you have to use the start / no. "1" key on your keyboard :)

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide > link
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide > link
# general rules for submitting you hi-score > link
# the above settings are the default Twin Galaxies settings > link

-Han

It'll be a good one for sure. Hopefully we'll get more participation this month. Last month's game (Arkanoid) had the unfortunate down side of control. Some people don't have spinners or trackballs on their cabs which made it a bit more difficult for people to actually play it. Even those of us (like me) who don't have cabs but play on the computer were stuck behind a sensitivity issue with the mouse. Maybe we should make it a rule that future GOTM's should be strictly standard joystick games. That would rule out needing to have spinners (Arkanoid, Tempest [sorry Tempest!], etc) or trackballs (Like Bowling, Golf, etc) or steering wheels/pedals (Racing Games) or Rudders (ala Star Wars). It will dramatically decrease the amount of games we can play, but on the other hand I think it will dramatically increase the amount of participation. We can still have those games as regulars, but with people competing to get the GOTM badge, I think it's only fair.

It'll be a good one for sure. Hopefully we'll get more participation this month. Last month's game (Arkanoid) had the unfortunate down side of control. Some people don't have spinners or trackballs on their cabs which made it a bit more difficult for people to actually play it. Even those of us (like me) who don't have cabs but play on the computer were stuck behind a sensitivity issue with the mouse. Maybe we should make it a rule that future GOTM's should be strictly standard joystick games. That would rule out needing to have spinners (Arkanoid, Tempest [sorry Tempest!], etc) or trackballs (Like Bowling, Golf, etc) or steering wheels/pedals (Racing Games) or Rudders (ala Star Wars). It will dramatically decrease the amount of games we can play, but on the other hand I think it will dramatically increase the amount of participation. We can still have those games as regulars, but with people competing to get the GOTM badge, I think it's only fair.

@Han: I think it's a fair judgement and we should probably rule out these games to become Game of the Month. We could maybe add these games as regulars. However I would also like to see active participation at each of our regular hi-score games since all of our games count for the All Time Leaderboard.

We could maybe (now or in the near future) create a poll to ask how many would like to play these type of games and of course submit their hi-scores to our competition :) If there are many interested in these type of games we will of course take this seriously and add these games as regulars to our competition.

You're probably right, but I was hoping we could get some golden tee or shuuz in the mix. Understandable if we can't though. :)

@ Adultery: I don't want to rule them out completely. Like I said to Han: if there are many interested in playing and submitting hi-score for these type of games we will of course take this seriously and add these games as regulars to our competition.

Good luck everyone playing Q*Bert !

We welcome any hi-score submission. With an active participation we'll get an interesting competition. The more the merrier :)

It took me some time to find this out :wacko::blink: --> For those playing with a keyboard: when you want to confirm your initials at the Q*Bert in-game high score table you have to use the start / no. "1" key on your keyboard :)

Good luck submitting your Q*Bert's hi-scores :)

...and Stephen has joined our competition ! You're more than welcome my friend :)

What an amazing hi-score ! Who is going to beat this monster hi-score :blink:...?

You'll have a very good chance winning this Game of the Month competition !

....but I like a challenge <_< I'll definitely have to start playing this game more...Is there something like a Q*Bert's boot camp.. :ph34r::P ....?

One last thing:

as you probably already know you can compete for your position at our All-Time Leaderboard ! Your hi-score position on each hi-score game will represent points for your Leaderboard position :) That's why we encourage each of hi-score members to play as many of our hi-score games as possible ;)

Updated OP, DB, RSS and Leaderboard

Well here is my best...only about 90k off the top score LOL. It was weird I see in the main instructions of Q-bert it says you get a free guy at every 8 and 14k(edit: Nevermind...I need to get to 22k, duh)...but I only seemed to get one at 8k and that was it. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or not.

post-11179-0-78716700-1378903672_thumb.j

It was weird I see in the main instructions of Q-bert it says you get a free guy at every 8 and 14k(edit: Nevermind...I need to get to 22k, duh)...but I only seemed to get one at 8k and that was it. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or not.

You'll get an extra live at 8k and each additional 14k. So you get a free Q*Bert at 8k, 22k, 36k, 50k etc. :)

I'll compete with GC this month for 2nd LOL

Nice score rtkiii !

111k seems to be very tough to beat. However, if you play a game a little longer you'll learn the game mechanics. It's a challenge nevertheless ;)

I was able to improve my score a little. Here's my new submission:

> Hi-score: 23,830 points

> Screenshot of my hi-score:

post-10451-0-25064100-1378915093_thumb.p

Updated OP, DB, LB, RSS

• Like 1

@ wolfman24: .....and we have a new hi-score contestant ! Thanks for your 1st submission :)

Each of our hi-score games enables you to earn points for our All-Time Leaderboard. Happy hi-scoring wolfman !

@ ehuonder: it's one tough game to get a good score. Good luck with our Game of the Month :)

Updated OP