All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Lifestyle Change/Avatar Reminder

Draco1962

I have seen it and also experienced it though my uncle. Sorry you are having to go through this with your mom, regardless. I appreciate your encouragement. I am, thus far, lucky to not have any obvious signs other than shortness of breath from being generally out of shape and some impairment from smoking that will revert to an extent as I make more capacity available for O2 instead of CO and CO2. I want to be better for myself and for my wife and kids. I still have a number of years left and I would much prefer spending most of them standing and breathing and not dragging a tank or air with me and having to be wheeled about.

Day 4 but day 1 at work smoke free... HATED IT! It has been years since I had to restrain myself from ripping somone's face off without the promise of that damned paper stick not long after. I made it, though. Just 3 more days to finish out the work week.

• Like 1

I'm rooting for ya too on this Draco. I've been on this quest and failed a few times. I turn into a raging maniac without nicotine - which just isn't me and it scares me :wacko: It's also the lifestyle change that ruins my attempts everytime - i like a beer! :D

A few days and you hit the 1 week mark? They say it gets easier from that point so good luck buddy.

6 days and counting! Heading to the Doc-in-a-Box, though, as I think I may have a nice rhinovirus messing with my sinuses and ears and adding to the withdrawal headaches as the body tries to rediscover normal.

• Like 1

Today is the start of day 9. I still crave, especially after eating a full meal or stressful events, but don't feel quite like punching someone in the head all of the time. I am still a bit anxious and snippy, so try to keep interactions to a minimum or bite my tongue more often.

I managed to catch a nice sinus infection starting about day 4 and missed work on day 6 due to going to the doctor and dealing with migraine from lack of sleep. The cold is starting to resolve itself.

I had to help my daughter move to her own place yesterday and realized after toting stuff up to a third floor apartment how out of shape and out of breath I had become. I felt like a slow, useless sack most of the day.

Hopefully you didn't stop and take a smoke break midway during the move. When my brother and I helped my mom move, he was taking a 2-cig smoke break during every car trip, and took one after lugging up the hide-a-bed. I just sat back and enjoyed the money saving.

Hopefully you didn't stop and take a smoke break midway during the move. When my brother and I helped my mom move, he was taking a 2-cig smoke break during every car trip, and took one after lugging up the hide-a-bed. I just sat back and enjoyed the money saving.

I was too busy trying to catch my breath after every trip up the 3 flights of stairs to worry about a smoke break. No cigs since I quite 9 days ago.

• Like 1

I have been doing ok, although I must admit to a few slips. I don't see them as a failure, just a minor setback as I relearn how to deal with certain stressors without having to turn to a cigarette. Not as easy as I was hoping but I am still committed to the effort. I will make it,. I really appreciate the well-wishes and thoughts as it is a constant reminder of the goal I am trying to achieve.

• 1 month later...