All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Marvelous CPWizard - but database headaches

stigzler

Wow! Testing out CPWizard's capabilities for Emulators...

Suprised at making some progress with this! Created Emu ini + got keys feeding to CPW....

However, real headaches with the game info stuff..

As I understand it, CPWizard accesses a database file to pull the names etc from this (via command line - haven't started trying to figure GEx integration yet). It requires mdb (the default extension in the 'database' dialogue).

Was hoping to use the GameEx emulator/platform dbs. HOwever - most of these are in .db3 format.

And that's where I hit a brick wall. Spent few hours now looking at how to convert .db3 to .mdb - but with little progress. My limited understanding is that db3 is an sqlite (sql3) file? I have opened it with SQLite Database browser, but only export options are to "SQL."

Have tried using Libre(Open) Office + some wierd routine invovling ODBC setup/plugin or something -= but still no joy.

Sur every technical - google gives loads on mdb>sql converstion, but not vice versa. Found something called "flow heater" but think it requires access to create a db in the first place!

Any easy work arounds?

And it was all going so well, too!

cheers

Unfortunate but no. Ben will probably need to update his CPWizard to access the new db format, which shouldn't be a huge big deal.

The SQLite update was for the better in the bigger picture, which I'm sure Ben will agree to.

Ah OK - ta for the response - how's the study btw?

Did find a bit of a work around... I dusted off an old copy of Office 2003 I had lying around somewhere :rolleyes:

Used SQLite Database browser to export GameData table to csv.

Used Excel to import csv + then saved as xls

Then (somehow) imported the xls into Access, which auto'd the fields etc..

Feels very cumbersome! But back making progress again

• 2 weeks later...