All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] MAME game not showing up in list

xyzzy

Hello,

I have an issue where a mame game is not showing up in the list. I have all filtering turned off and have even added the name to the don't filter list. I have all the required files for the game.. it played fine when i was using a different Front End. Not sure if i am allowed to mention game names... If I am, let me know and I will post it. Is there a way to add one game to the list manually?

Thanks

xyzzy

Hi xyzzy

The big question here is whether you rebuilt your MAME list after making any or all of the changes described above. Any time you make a change affecting the contents of your MAME list in any way, you'll need to rebuild your MAME list from within GameEx for those changes to take effect.

There's an Update List option that appears at the bottom of your MAME category list inside of GameEx. Give that a spin if you haven't yet.

What happens if you turn the verify ROMs option off and update your game list?

Can you see anything at all?

• Like 1

What happens if you turn the verify ROMs option off and update your game list?

Can you see anything at all?

Bingo. My hat off to you my man...that now shows my missing game. What other side effect will that have on my system?

Thanks,

xyzzy

Well it means your games aren't verified for that build of mame, so some games may not function as expected if at all.

If they work though, you're all good. :)

I might be wrong but I think he was saying it was a specific game and the rest were showing up ok. But it may have been a misunderstanding on my part. If so that seems to suggest a problem with the audit of that particular rom.

I was going to suggest adding it to the do not filter list if that didn't work. :)