All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

I am starting to grasp the scoring on this gem of a game!! Wow, what a difference when you know how to take advantage of the medals on the ground targets!! Hence the big reason why my score has skyrocketed. This game is a lot of fun!!

Anyways, my update:

v 0.122

default dips

post-25790-0-94685900-1394748075_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I can't lie... It was the sheer amazingness of Ian Gillan and Ritchie Blackmore on Deep Purple's Machine Head that gave me the strength to kill this one... It's a shame I sold the vinyl. It's a real masterpiece.

What a graphically beautiful game this is!!! One of the best shmups ever created!!! Several tries and I can't get past the 3rd level... That board is uber hard! Bullets EVERYWHERE!!! Anyhoo...

post-680-0-03773200-1398844586_thumb.jpg

I can't lie... It was the sheer amazingness of Ian Gillan and Ritchie Blackmore on Deep Purple's Machine Head that gave me the strength to kill this one... It's a shame I sold the vinyl. It's a real masterpiece.

Such an amazing album man! As far as I'm concerned Highway Star is the official soundtrack of any independent arcade I've ever been in.

• Like 2

What a graphically beautiful game this is!!! One of the best shmups ever created!!! Several tries and I can't get past the 3rd level... That board is uber hard! Bullets EVERYWHERE!!! Anyhoo...

attachicon.gif430201425123-1.jpg

Nice score Adultery. You've joined the 1 million club ;)

...and I completely agree. It's a beautifully crafted game, by arcade and any other standards :)

@ nP > thank you for reminding me about Highway Star by Deep Purple. I updated this thread while playing this song. Nice !

Nice submission! I can't believe I'm still at the bottom rung with only 300k :( I need to play more games.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

I'm also at the bottom unfortunately. I will definitely revisit this awesome shooter :)

...you can easily boost your LB position. You still have about 10 games you can submit a score for ;) Good luck Han !!

Updated LB

:o Looks fantastic! Great job Adultery! :o

Doesn't it! We've been watching this puppy evolve in PM and it's so good to see it up there in lights where it belongs B) How professional do we look now?! :lol: Thanks again Adultery for the monumental effort you continue to put into making our job as easy as possible. :worship:

• 1 month later...

As I was doing more work on the IGBOTY, I decided to quickly go back to this game after a few months. It was a wise decision, for I got to Stage 3.

ExedExes - 1,792,890

Adding another 600K to your best score. Great job ExEx !!

...I think Dazzle will definitely try to regain first place on one of his favorite shmups ;)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 2 weeks later...

Another amazing score by TIF !! The first one to break the 2 million mark !

Will ExEx or one of our other top players try to beat this score and retake the Cyvern crown...we'll wait and see...;)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• 6 months later...

I really tried on this one. I made it the beginning parts of stage 3. This game is a lot of fun. I'm not a big fan of all the crazy bullets everywhere, especially on the bosses. How are you supposed to dodge all of them? It's insane! After coming back, I really seemed to do a lot better this time around than last time. Beat my best score by almost 700k! Woo!!

Score: 1,064,390

Initials: HAN

post-569-0-10630000-1423595121_thumb.png

I really tried on this one. I made it the beginning parts of stage 3. This game is a lot of fun. I'm not a big fan of all the crazy bullets everywhere, especially on the bosses. How are you supposed to dodge all of them? It's insane! After coming back, I really seemed to do a lot better this time around than last time. Beat my best score by almost 700k! Woo!!

Score: 1,064,390

Initials: HAN

attachicon.gif0000.png

Crazy improvement :o You almost trippled your best score. Nice job !

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 6 months later...

Oh boy, I am slowly starting to get addicted to this crazy bullet hell game!! There are some NASTy bullet sprays on Cyverns.

I do what you say Dazz. You want more, you got it!

>>1,585,240<<

post-25790-0-83445300-1441335224_thumb.j

• Like 2

Oh boy, I am slowly starting to get addicted to this crazy bullet hell game!! There are some NASTy bullet sprays on Cyverns.

I do what you say Dazz. You want more, you got it!

>>1,585,240<<

Damn! HA! OK ok - you mean business now, so do I! This ain't over man :D

Nice score!

*Updated OP, DB, RSS.

Ok, I did some research on that mysterious "Green Megatank" on Boss # 1.

There is a certain criteria that must be met to get green. I find this works:

1. Banish the three yellow planes that offer powerups. The large powerups is worth 4 small ones. The counter to trigger the tank looks for the player to get 12 powerups, hence the necessity of getting three large powerups.

2. Don't use any bombs.

3. Don't die.

4. Banish the green train at the beginning and collect all 5 medals.

Try to get the big,round turret that fires those gigantic missiles killed via the banish as well. It gives you 100k,but only if its green. Kill the final part of the Boss with Banish and get 400k!

Actually, if you finish off the last part of ANY boss you get a six figure bonus.

Edited by Mame Offender
  • Like 1

I haven't felt this way about a shmup since DoDonPachi. This game is absolutely amazing!

I hope to have a shot at the fourth board in one credit. That is the goal for now.

post-25790-0-75643000-1442011226_thumb.j

• Like 3