All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

good score classic, I though your name sounded familiar saw you in the mame contest over on atariage

Thanks ! I will ocassionaly play a game at Atariage's Mame competition. The drawback however of their hi-score competition > miss a few of their weekly competitions and you will have no chanche of a good leaderboard position. That's exactly the reason why me and Hansolo have setup our competition the way it is right now: you can always play our hi-score games and a newcomer can join our competition anytime and have the same chances for a good leaderboard-position as someone already playing our Hi-score competition for a year or longer!

Obviously my loyalty is and will always be here :) I just love the community we have here at GameEx > friendly and always willing to help you out ! It's a rare thing I really treasure :)

I do like the community here was hoping people were on the chat last night but no one was there.

You mean on the GameEx chat? Mostly it is used for live troubleshooting atm, not as much a social medium - i blame facebook and twitter for that ^_^ i personally am not a fan of either, they are too intrusive for my likings if you ask me. However if you want to get a chat going amongst like minded people i'm sure it's possible! I'm up for a natter (thats english slang for casual chat) name a place and time and make it happen :P

I have no idea what I did different but normally end stage 1 with like 250,000 - this time I ended with over 500,000 and was fighting a blue ship opposed to the orange you normally see at the end of the stage...weird. Anyway much better score this time out.

post-11179-0-23463800-1380044160_thumb.j

http://www.shmups.com/reviews/cyvern/index.html

found this website might give some hints

Thank you for the link wolfman ! Very interesting :)

I have no idea what I did different but normally end stage 1 with like 250,000 - this time I ended with over 500,000 and was fighting a blue ship opposed to the orange you normally see at the end of the stage...weird. Anyway much better score this time out.

Wow ! Nice improvement rtkiii. You nearly added half a million points to your best score ! No. 1 again at our All Time Leaderboard :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

I can't believe I never posted a score for this game yet!

post-569-0-95247200-1380821346_thumb.png

Score: 378,331

Initials: HAN

I didn't actually start earning big score until I realized if you destroy the ground targets with the special ability (holding down the fire button) you get bonuses. I found the green cyvern (#3) worked best for me because it's special ability was more focused. Next time I have some free time, I'll definitely play this one again!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Nice score Han ! Cyvern is one of those gems that most of us never heard of (including me) but is a very good and beautiful crafted shmup !

Maybe you already knew but Dazzle and Wolfman gave some gameplay tips: post #8 and post #34

Nice to see you're posting new scores Han !

Updated Leaderboard > We have a new no. 1 and his name is "be77amy" > congrats !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Cyvern just makes me feel dizzy... too many shots flying here and there, almost impossible to evade... my highscores are rather lowscores...

I prefer blue one, with the spread shot it covers more area... and the lightning power just rocks LOL.... but I'm not good at this game :(

Cyvern just makes me feel dizzy... too many shots flying here and there, almost impossible to evade... my highscores are rather lowscores...

I prefer blue one, with the spread shot it covers more area... and the lightning power just rocks LOL.... but I'm not good at this game :(

Dazzle and Wolfman gave some gameplay tips: post #8 and post #34. It definitely helped me out :)

• 4 months later...

What a shmup this from is, from a company not exactly known for them.

It was a good thing I read this thread before I started, because I learned a bit more about the different color bosses.

According to links here and here, the green boss in Stage 1 can be had by:

1) Using banish on all power up ships to get the full P symbols

2) Grabbing the extra bomb before the boss appears

3) Not using any bombs through the stage.

That's only for Stage 1's boss. The other bosses are currently being looked into in those links I posted. I can't seem to get past stage 2's boss for now, however.

ExedExes - 1,116,520

post-25936-0-22489800-1394254469_thumb.p

• Like 2

Wow. This game kicked my frickin ass all over the place. Bullet hell to the extreme! I am definitely not done with this one, this will get me on the board for now.

v 0.122

default dips

post-25790-0-99420800-1394661460_thumb.j

post-25790-0-81325500-1394661484_thumb.j

• Like 1

Yeah, I rank this one way up there for shooters, right near DoDonPachi, which is my all time favorite! Speaking of DDP, can we have that one is the HiScore Competition?? It is a must-have, IMO.

It's a brilliant game ain't it?! That's why i kept nominating it over and over :P no one i spoke to had ever heard of it and that was a shame to me - people should know about this game! These hidden gems don't come around often so we gotta get em out there :)

And as for DoDonPachi - all members will get a chance to add one favorite game eventually and it can be any game you want. Your position on the Global Leaderboard will determine how quick that opportunity comes around for you. As someone who has seen all of your scores i'd say it'd be relatively quick ;)

*Updated OP, DB, RSS.