All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Cyvern
Cyvern Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 Mame Offender 3,746,420 Mame Offender's Hi-Score Entry
2 ExedExes 2,385,070 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
3 DazzleHP 1,515,770 DazzleHP's Hi-Score Entry
4 Adultery 1,220,940 Adultery's Hi-Score Entry
5 be77amy 1,178,810 be77amy's Hi-Score Entry
6 hansolo77 1,064,390 hansolo77's Hi-Score Entry
7 Luigimaker 903,780 Luigimaker's Hi-Score Entry
8 garetmax 845,200 garetmax's Hi-Score Entry
9 rtkiii 765,930 rtkiii's Hi-Score Entry
10 wolfman24 740,610 wolfman24's Hi-Score Entry
Last Updated by hansolo77: 02-07-2018

plus10.jpg

11. GimmeClassics - 509,800 (link)

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Cyvern:

ROMSet: Cyvern
Service Mode: Off
Flip Screen: Off
Unknown: Off [All]
Use Backup Ram: Yes
Freeze: Right Value

Internal Defaults
Difficulty Level: Normal
Extend Score: Every 1,000,000
Initial Playable Unit(s): 3
Initial Bomb(s): 2
Special Rules: This is a Single Player ONLY Variation! You may freely choose from any available creature. Continues are NOT allowed!

---> All settings are appropriate on DEFAULT. No need to change anything.

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide > link
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide > link
# general rules for submitting you hi-score > link
# the above settings are the default Twin Galaxies settings > link

Happy Hi-scoring :)

~GC

We’ve decided to add Cyvern to our Hi-Score competition!

It has been suggested many times and almost made it to Game of the Month. Missed it by an inch… :blink:

Quoting our “Shmupper from Hell” ;) : Cyvern is one of them gems that no one has heard of! Any shoot em up fans should play it and realise just how awesome it is. It's a beautifully crafted game, by arcade and any other standards :)

I hope you enjoy playing this game !

Happy Hi-scoring !

• Like 3

Me too. I've played it all the way through on more than one occasion. Not awesome at it, but it'll be fun to try beating your score.

only GC stepping up here huh :o

Well i beat mine though it's nothing to go by. if you want some tips then here goes:

1) Get them medals! Kill the ground troops using Banish! you will get medals for them! The more you collect the bigger they get, equating to big score! There is a catch though - let one go and the medals will reset. Remember that.

2) There is a "true" boss on stage one! (he's green :D ) I'm not 100% sure how you get him but the times i did i lost no (zero) lives and i missed no (zero) medals. Thats what got me the score. If anyone knows the true reqs for getting him then please share :)

Score: 1,515,770

Initials: DAZ

post-6865-0-76534600-1375834458_thumb.pn

if you want some tips then here goes:

1) Get them medals! Kill the ground troops using Banish! you will get medals for them! The more you collect the bigger they get, equating to big score! There is a catch though - let one go and the medals will reset. Remember that.

2) There is a "true" boss on stage one! (he's green :D ) I'm not 100% sure how you get him but the times i did i lost no (zero) lives and i missed no (zero) medals. Thats what got me the score. If anyone knows the true reqs for getting him then please share :)

Score: 1,515,770

....Wow, you nearly hextupled ;) [is this correct English....? <_<:huh: ] my score ! I feel like such a noob... :P

Thank you Dazz for sharing you gameplay strategy :) I think this is very useful !

Btw...you are now have a third place at our Leaderboard : congratz !

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

I cannot get this to work. Tried on v147, 143, .129 - these three normally play most games I have. Oh Well

I'm using 148, 148u1 specifically and it works fine, i'm sure i played it on 145 too, i know i didn't update for a while. I can't believe it finally gets in and only GC and I are posting :(

To those that don't see it in their list - as pointed out by Adultery - it is marked as imperfect so you will need to "allow imperfect" in GE for it show

To those shoot em up fans who may be reading - try it, and then come back and show some appreciation for a cracking game :P

In all honesty i kept on voting for this coz it truely is an awesome game and one that not many have either heard of or know about, and not because i'm good at it. If i was going that route then my votes would be drastically different ^_^ I truely thought you guys would be pushing me by now :o

Still, it's an ongoing board so i hope someone, including GC will step up soon :)

I can't believe it finally gets in and only GC and I are posting :(

To those shoot em up fans who may be reading - try it, and then come back and show some appreciation for a cracking game :P

In all honesty i kept on voting for this coz it truely is an awesome game and one that not many have either heard of or know about, and not because i'm good at it. If i was going that route then my votes would be drastically different ^_^ I truely thought you guys would be pushing me by now :o

Still, it's an ongoing board so i hope someone, including GC will step up soon :)

You're absolutely right Dazz. It's a true gem. I hope more of you will play this game and submit your hi-scores. This Shmup deserves it ;)

I've made a little improvement on my score:

> Hi-score: 385,180 points

> initials: DEN

> Screenshot of my hi-score:

post-10451-0-53284900-1376290540_thumb.p

To those that don't see Cyvern in their list - as pointed out by Adultery - it is marked as imperfect so you will need to "allow imperfect" in GE for it show

Thank you for your explanation. Btw, I was able to help out rtkiii and he can now play Cyvern. So I expect a hi-score submission from him any time soon ;)

Happy hi-scoring everyone !

Updated OP, DB, RSS

@ Tempest: it's never too late to give it a chance ;)

If you like a hectic shooter as Galaga I think you might also like Cyvern. It's a beautifully crafted game, by arcade and any other standards.

And what makes it most fun is competing against other GameEx hi-score members. The more the merrier ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's a nice shmup and a beautifully crafted arcade game. But it's indeed hard to get a good score.

Nice score on this one be77amy :). Already no.6 at our Leaderboard. Nice job !

Updated OP, DB, LB, RSS

• 4 weeks later...

initials: wlf

Settings used of post #1

mame 1.06

Nice score Wolfman! You nearly doubled my score :blink:

Thanks again for your submission :)

Reclaiming my 2nd place!

Initials > BXY

rules as per post #1

mame > 149

score > 843040

...and the Cyvern competition has started :) You're getting close to the 1 million mark !

I'll definitely start practicing again and post a better score ! It's such a nice shmup ;)

Updated OP, DB, RSS and LB