All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Arkanoid

• 1 month later...

This game is still not my cup of tea, but a bit better than my old score.

I'm trying with a digital mouse, it blows.

This bottle of Surly Darkness I'm drinking now, certain does not blow! Geez she's tasty.

Yung-Jedi 40,980

post-26673-0-70480900-1415507902_thumb.j

This game is still not my cup of tea, but a bit better than my old score.

I'm trying with a digital mouse, it blows.

This bottle of Surly Darkness I'm drinking now, certain does not blow! Geez she's tasty.

Yung-Jedi 40,980

I'm also playing this game with a digital mouse...it's still hard to master this game without a spinner :wacko:

Surly Darness bottles have some nice artwork too :)

darkness+boittles+07-08-09-10.jpg

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1

Full respect on the bottle collection Dennis!

Wow, I think that is one of the first Darkness bottles ever!

My buddy from MCAD did the artwork on the Werewolf one a few years ago.

I'll try to upload a good bottle pic soon.

You ever have Stone Ruination or Ruinten IPA?

sooooo good.

• Like 1

Full respect on the bottle collection Dennis!

Wow, I think that is one of the first Darkness bottles ever!

My buddy from MCAD did the artwork on the Werewolf one a few years ago.

I'll try to upload a good bottle pic soon.

You ever have Stone Ruination or Ruinten IPA?

sooooo good.

...I'll have to be honest here ;) It's not my bottle collection :ph34r: I'm not even sure I can buy these beer brands in the Netherlands...?

I'll definitely pay close attention if our local Liquor Stores sell these beer bottles. If they do, I'll buy them and post a picture :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Man, I wish I could use the spinner on Buzzin69's old cabinet!!

If I build a cab, it will have a spinner. It would be good for a small handful of games at best, but it would allow me to get a somewhat decent score on any Arkanoid game...

• Like 1

Agreed. I built a control panel and made my own spinner before the fire. It worked ok, but sucked. It's lost now. I don't think I'll be venturing into the hands-on building again for awhile. But a spinner is definitely something to have.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

I got two P capsules, and three B capsules. Got lucky, I guess.

Dude, amazing score without using a spinner ! NICE !

I built a spinner, forgot I suck at this game lol. I can't get over the 26,000 mark :( Hope to have a score worth posting here sometime soon.

Good luck Buzzin ! With practice comes success ;)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 6 months later...

Now there is no way I could accomplish such a score as this with a mouse or trackball.  I am proud to say I received a custom kick-ass game controller from my brother this year at Christmas time.  It is equipped with an 8 way, a PacMan style 4 way, a handful of buttons AND a spinner!!!!

Playing Arkanoid with a spinner is essential if you want to get anywhere.  Sure enough, it didn't take long for me to hit 100k and land myself in second.

Fun, fun ,fun!!!

Have a look at the second photo to see my new kick-ass game controller!!

MO

14825962995662127545059.jpg

1482596329888-1808691394.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mame Offender said:

Now there is no way I could accomplish such a score as this with a mouse or trackball.  I am proud to say I received a custom kick-ass game controller from my brother this year at Christmas time.  It is equipped with an 8 way, a PacMan style 4 way, a handful of buttons AND a spinner!!!!

Playing Arkanoid with a spinner is essential if you want to get anywhere.  Sure enough, it didn't take long for me to hit 100k and land myself in second.

Fun, fun ,fun!!!

Have a look at the second photo to see my new kick-ass game controller!!

MO

14825962995662127545059.jpg

1482596329888-1808691394.jpg

For anybody curious, the parts are as follows:

8-way joystick  (left one) - Dominux8

4-way joystick - Pac-Pro

Dial - TurboTwist 2

All fine products from www.groovygamegear.com

Bye, bye, TiF.

Round 11.

I have to come clean, there were 4 'B's that fell on me, that is really lucky.  But hey, everything is legit here!  

14827880873582094239831.jpg

1482788133690383633334.jpg

• 1 month later...

The 11th gives you a chance to score big on the Grey Blocks.  The Greys start at 50 points on Round 1 and increase by 50 points every board thereafter.  Therefore, on Round 11, they are worth 550 points a piece!

MO

I really wish I had a spinner or at least a good calibrated mouse.  I love this game and it's genre, but it's unplayable for me.  I tried playing the various ports on other systems.  How in the heck are you supposed to react quickly using the dpad on the NES, where the "paddle" goes the same speed in either direction?  There was a really good "made for PC" game that I'd love to play again but can't remember the name of it.  It had lots of different ball types, like acid ball and things like dynamite/detonators.  It let you save your progress every 10 levels or so, so you can keep coming back and continue to progress through the hundreds of stages.  I never did finish it, but I was up to around 700 stages.  Anybody remember what that was called?

Updated OP, DB, RSS

EDIT: It's called Ricochet!

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/genres/108/ricochet.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

A mouse is the only I can play this game.  I would love to play with a spinner, but that's a special controller that I just don't have at my disposal.  What's really hard is playing with a gamepad.  There's just no way to be able to move your paddle faster to save the ball when you need it.

Updated OP, DB, RSS