All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Arkanoid

• 3 weeks later...

And the winner is......

TEMPEST with his unbeatable score of 105,480!

Way to go! GimmeClassics should be in communications with you shortly with your signature badge. Wear it proudly my friend, you earned it! As for the rest of us, this game's not over yet. Tempest may have won the GOTM competition, but the game is still here. You can still play and submit a score to be included in your ever growing conquest of our Overall Leaderboard! (link) So keep those scores coming in, and join me in congratulating our newest GOTM winner inductee! (link)

@ Tempest: congratulations winning our Game of the Month competition of August !

With your amazing 100K + score you really deserved to win this :)

I'll keep on playing this hi-score game and with any luck I hope to become as good as you on this game ;)

I'm glad you've joined our Hi-Score Competition and I am looking forward competing with you at more of our hi-score games !

Because you're a Game of the Month winner you've been awarded a signature banner :) See this thread and I've also sent you a PM.

GC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This game is a real effort with a mouse!

Score > 33930

It's a tough game playing with a mouse but you've at least beaten my hi-score <_< . I also play Arkanoid using a mouse. I wish I had an USB-spinner or something like that :)

• 4 months later...

Arkanoid - the game I thought started it all but that ended up being Breakout, right?

Lowering the sensitivity from the first post there helped a lot. With that, here's my score.

ExedExes - 53,720 - Settings verified as per OP using MAME32 0.141

post-25936-0-27795300-1391488770_thumb.p

Arkanoid - the game I thought started it all but that ended up being Breakout, right?

Lowering the sensitivity from the first post there helped a lot. With that, here's my score.

ExedExes - 53,720 - Settings verified as per OP using MAME32 0.141

I'm glad my little guide helped you out. It's a tough game however playing on keyboard :wacko:

You're right about Breakout. Arkanoid is based upon Atari's Breakout from the 70's.

Nice score !! Puts you in third place at Arkanoid and 5th overall :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• 1 month later...

I wish I had a paddle, or something similiar to it. Too bad I couldn't find an Atari 2600 paddle with a USB tip on it. It would make this game playable. I played with a trackball and it is pretty tough.

v 0.122

default dips

post-25790-0-12787300-1395264817_thumb.j

Yeah my lack of control is what did this game in for me. Not many people have spinners on their cab (if I even build one, it will DEFINITELY have one ^_^) and the mouse controls were finicky trying to get the sensitivity right. So anyway, hats off to you for at least submitting a score for this game. I played it on the Atari 800, using a paddle as well. A spinner/paddle is the best controller for this style game by far.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

I wish I had a paddle, or something similiar to it. Too bad I couldn't find an Atari 2600 paddle with a USB tip on it. It would make this game playable. I played with a trackball and it is pretty tough.

default dips

Nice score anyway !! If any of you finds a USB paddle we can use for this game I'd very much like to know ;)

Updated LB

• 2 months later...

this game sucks.

I tried several times with joystick and arrow keys on keyboard, both were soft in the pants.

I've paid bills and had more fun.

post-26673-0-06567300-1401603633_thumb.j

• Like 1

this game sucks.

I tried several times with joystick and arrow keys on keyboard, both were soft in the pants.

I've paid bills and had more fun.

I play this game with my mouse and I've adjusted the sensitivity a little bit. Here's guide if you want to give it a try > link

It still is a hard game to play without a spinner...I agree. It was however voted GOTM and that's why this game is part of our competition. Democracy is a bitch...LOL :P

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just found a screen snapshot I made back on August 3, 2013. Shortly after that, I lost my video. So I never followed up with submitting the score.

If I recall, this game was a spinner game. Not a bad score for using a joystick.

0001_zps169b3fae.png

I just found a screen snapshot I made back on August 3, 2013. Shortly after that, I lost my video. So I never followed up with submitting the score.

If I recall, this game was a spinner game. Not a bad score for using a joystick.

Welcome back Stephen :) ....a pretty nice score there B)

...I use a mouse playing Arkanoid but you really need a spinner to reach for that 100K+ score ;)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 2 months later...

Tweaked my mouse settings a bit. Seems like I might have fixed it. This is a new best for me. Hint: Always grab the falling [ S ] when you can. You might hate that its slow, but it's a life saver, trust me!

Score: 72,660

Level: 5

Initials: HAN

Proof: post-569-0-91089600-1410475474_thumb.png

• Like 1

Tweaked my mouse settings a bit. Seems like I might have fixed it. This is a new best for me. Hint: Always grab the falling [ S ] when you can. You might hate that its slow, but it's a life saver, trust me!

Score: 72,660

Level: 5

Initials: HAN

Proof: attachicon.gif0001.png

Great score Han and I'm glad you're back posting hi-scores B)

I'd love to know how you have tweaked your mouse. Controlling this game is so hard without a spinner :wacko: