All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Oen

I haven't found any direct discussion about this, but I think this user might have had the same issue. http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/13182-freshly-installed-gameex-cant-find-roms/?hl=%2Bmameui+%2B7z#entry107176

I have some MAME roms, and they are in .7z files. MAMEUI64 sees them fine, and has them as working. GameEx doesn't appear to be listing any of my .7z roms. It did however find the CHD files, and list all those games.

Any help to solve this would be appreciated. I could switch back to a non-7z set, but I would prefer not to.

Honestly I don't think the mame integration supports 7-zip sets. Someone come in if I'm wrong here...

I would think it should work fine as long as "only existing roms" is not selected in the setup wizard. I did not know MAME supports 7z now but like I said I can't see why it would not work unless GameEx is specifically looking for zip files which is what that setting does but its off by default.