All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Some MAME titles crashing as soon as their done loading, work in other copys of MAME

flightsim

Hey! Just bought Gameex (spent too much time looking at that nag screen and hey its a great project!). Only problem is, no matter where I get MAME fron, some games will launch, others won't. Any ideas how to fix? They crash as soon as they get done loading in MAME. Thanks guys!

Are you certain your room set matches your mame build? As in are you using the specific set for that specific build? For example, MAME 0.148 may not necessarily work with a room set built for MAME 0.129.

Can you verify you have the bios files for your games? Parent sets? Etc?

Rom set does indeed match. I do have the parent sets. For some reason, newer versions of MAME work for some games. Specifically, Marvel VS Capcom 2 works with only some copys. Just depends what version of MAME I am using. Also, I can use the same version of MAME outside of this and with some other emulators and it works just fine. Any suggestions? And thanks for the quick reply!

The fact that different games run under different versions of Mame indicates that your set DOES NOT match your rom set. You can use tools like RomCenter or ClearMamepro to convert your set to work with your version off Mame.