All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Adultery

Okay I see what's going on here...

Are you launching the game from last played or favorites? Or are you going into the emulator list and launching the game from there?

If it's the first, can you try the second? It looks like the emuload event isn't being called. In which case I'll have to try and do some wizardry to get the emu ini to parse.

It's the latter - game from Emulator. However - on reflection via "full startup disabled" in settings - you know - the one where all intros etc disabled and starts at last screen you were in when GE closed - don't know if that makes any difference.

All very weird - how come it was working fine before the update - thought the last GE update just dealt with some video and Mame stuff?

Thanks once again for yer help. One day everything may just all come together without breaking... :)

I didn't even know some option like that existed!

Whatever it is, the loading of the emulator isn't happening and that's where the emu gets parsed.

Can you disable that setting and see if it works?

Yerp. This:

settas.png

Will knock it off and see what happens..

UPDATE: Well that was the problem! How random is that? It's never messed it up before. I would never recommend this hobby to anyone with high blood pressure; Type A personality or anything short of superhuman tenacity and patience. :)

Fixed (for now...)

I'm going to see what I can do to get around that. I have to test that way because I've never used that feature. :-)

• Like 1

I already know what I think I need to do here. I'll put out a beta for you to test later if you're willing to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

*Harrumphs....

Nope - no joy. It's all going a bit wappy:

- Finishes process is quickstartup enabled. However, successfully passes tags (game image + snap as far as I know)

- When Quickstartup disabled - doesn't finish process + some tags stripped.

Rushed test before work, but logs attached....

UPDATE: Oh dear - even when quickstart enabled - appearing hit and miss on the tags - see attached

:(

QuickLaunch-QuickstartupDisabled.txt

QuickLaunch_QuickstartupEnabled.txt

QuickLaunch - QStartEnabled_tagsMissing.txt

Hmm... That's disheartening... It looks like I'll have to revert the code and drop quickstart support if it's not passing me the proper data using that mode.

I'll of course see if I can fix this, but it seems like it's doing more harm than good.

• 2 months later...

Apologies. Checking back in on this. 1.1.4 doesn't seem to be working very well my end - with Quickstart resume either enabled or disabled.

However, 1.1.5 seems to be working a lot better - might be a beta you posted here:

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/13171-plugin-quicklaunch/?p=142926

Standing version (on 1st page and with GE download) still appears to be 1.1.4.

Lastly, whilst it appears to be successfully completing, it does appear to be missing a load of tags (such as developer, category and title and snap images).

I've never figured this, but does it break when GE changes? I'd be really gutted if GE is sharing this data less readily, as I've designed quite a few apps around this info being available. Heh, think it's totaling up to about a year's worth of amateur coding - hate for that all to be for nothing. :( Or worse still, needing another 6 months of re-coding to get all that info via other means.

Anywhoos, the attached log should show the big gaps in tag scraping. Aside from this - getting the basics OK.

Thanks

EDIT: Dammit - ignore for now - could have been the specific db entry - need to look into this further when less bleary eyed.

QuickLaunch.txt

Just so you're aware, GameEx doesn't include plugins anymore. Thanks to Tom and Ben's collaborative elite coding skills you can download, update and enable them using the new Repository Manager. This will also prevent me from relying on GX releases for version updates (and overwriting updates with old versions). :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Back on the issue above. Mostly working, but for some reason, Quicklaunch not grabbing the title and snap images. Have tried it on various systems + setups (vid + title; snap + title etc) - but the title and snap tags just don;t seem to populate.

Attached example log = running version 1.1.5 without Quckstart enabled in GE.

Any ideas?

You using best match? The snap will need to match the rom name exactly to populate there. If you're able to verify that is the case I'll dig deeper into it.

Assuming you want the snap file and not just the snap path.

Nice one and thanks. Really hope this can happen. Burning the candle both ends to get this stoopid project finished and accessing the game titles and snaps is quite an important bit.

I need to get round now to looking into making plugins so I don't have to keep pestering everybody.

Thanks for your ongoing help, Adultery.

Been a while, time for an update I guess! :) I have probably fixed some bugs before I ran optimization on the code, I don't have the release notes for 1.1.5 or 1.1.6 but I'm sure I did something important back there! LOL

• Thanks 1

Updated to 1.1.8:

• Added new variables for the following:
    • [GameLogoPath] > The path to the game logo directory
    • [GameLogoFile] > game logo file for the game you're playing
    • [EmuLogoPath] > The emulator's logo path for the the,e you're using
    • [EmuLogoFile] > The file that is used for your emulator logo
  • Fixed a small bug that was introduced during code optimizations

Updated GameEx version to 1.1.9:

• Updated to be compatible with GameEx x64 and x86 versions
  • Updated .NET Framework to 3.5
  • Updated plugin framework to latest version
  • Code optimizations and stability improvements

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2015 at 12:05 PM, MisterB said:

Hi Adultery,

I have been running into multiple issues using the plugin for PinballX. I am using the latest PBX (1.97), and the latest version of your plugin from the first post (1.0.3).

First off, I seem to be having the issue where using the Plugin Manager erases the command arguments. When I launch a batch file, I get a message indicating I have no args. Sure enough, if I look at the XML, they have been removed. So I have also tried editing the XML directly.

When I modify the XML and try to launch a table , I get a "Could not start process" error. I get this when running batch files. I also also tried running a python script, with similar results (I pass the path to the Python interpreter as a process, and the name of the file as an argument).

I have uploaded a zip of the DLL, XML, and a simple batch file to Dropbox to illustrate this. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ari7x81x9dl8s0e/QLError.zip?dl=0

Any help you can provide is much appreciated!

Was this fixed?.. i'm guessing not because using quicklaunch 1.0.4 with pbx 3.28 32bit on win10 64bit  i'm getting the same issues - arguments get removed unless added to settings.xml directly and also get the "could not start process!" error when launching a table. Or is a there a later version somewhere?. 

Thanks

I honestly haven't really touched the PinballX plug-in much since I initially released it, I was porting over the GameEx one, but I don't use PinballX so I didn't get too far.

I can take another crack at it if you'd be willing to do some testing on it for me... A lot of what you're reporting was already fixed in the GameEx version. I have to change the build target so it'll run in x64 architecture, update the .NET framework version, add some missing variables, clean up some horribly inefficient routines, and fix a couple bugs I know are in there (bat file running is definitely one of those bugs). Gonna take a little time, but I can work on it while I watch AGDQ this week.

Wanna be a guinea pig for me? I'll PM ya.