All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

MAP File discussion

Here's a quick question for ya'll. I know we have an RSS ticker for the High Score, is there anyway to configure a menu to have it's own RSS feed, or does it need to be edited in the theme editor only? I'd like to be able to pull up the customized High Score menu and have it display the high scores for the games listed as the custom RSS feed rather than the all-around MAME rss updates. Just an idea. Man this is getting awesomer and awesomer!

• Like 1

Wow snazzy! Can't wait to give this a try! So what was the deal with my RSS updater bug? :)

It was crashing before so I made it retry three times. I figured out why it was doing that and fixed it. :-)

Loving this!

However i have hit a snag - I'm getting Shinobi listed twice, with 1944 totally missing :unsure: (I'm using the MAMEUI method) I know it's not your .ini because before i tried your version i had actually created my own, with exactly the same results! I came here and downloaded yours because i thought maybe I had screwed something up but i get the same results with yours too. Weird huh! I can asure you 1944 is present, it's there and playable in the All Games list. Also both Shinobi entries launch Shinobi.

I absolutely updated the gamelist - i even did it again just before this post to make doubley sure. Can't figure this one out man. I can almost feel brain cells melting thinking about it lol Anyone got any snippets of info stored in the back of their heads that might explain this behaviour? ^_^

post-6865-0-02164000-1390174422_thumb.pn post-6865-0-93966600-1390174409_thumb.pn

Can you copy and paste the text from the ini file?

[FOLDER_SETTINGS]RootFolderIcon = cust1.icoSubFolderIcon = cust2.ico[High Score Games]1944arkanoidbloodbrobtimebublboblcentipedcyverndkongdkong3dkongjrgalagajoustmariomrdomslugnitrobalpangpopeyeqbertrtyperygarshinobitappertimeplttoobinwb3

Just to be clear, that game list appears under your mame list correct?

Yeah, it's in my MAME section with all the other categories i have enabled, it all works perfectly except for the missing 1944 and Shinobi twice. As mentioned i created my own .ini (with a different category name) with the exact same results. I know it's using your INI and not mine because mine was called "GE HiScore Comp". This makes me believe something funky is going on with my system - afterall how could BOTH .ini's produce this?! Why is it always me! ^_^

That is indeed unusual...

I'll try and add this INI when I get home and see if I can reproduce the same results, it might very well be a GameEx bug. :)

Funny story... I don't have your Shinobi problem. Funnier story... I don't have 1944 in my list either. Haha!

Zany stuff there. :-)

I wonder... if you put in a space before the game list starts, after the blocked text... still missing 1944?

Can you try it, update your list, and let me know if it works?

Sure thing, you mean a new line like this?

[FOLDER_SETTINGS]RootFolderIcon = cust1.icoSubFolderIcon = cust2.ico[High Score Games]1944arkanoid

Or do you literally mean a space after ] ?

[FOLDER_SETTINGS]RootFolderIcon = cust1.icoSubFolderIcon = cust2.ico[High Score Games] <-right here1944arkanoid

EDIT - OK, the new line sorted the 1944 problem! Waheyyyy. But i still have 2 Shinobi's LOL. Not much of a problem as they are all there (i have 27 entries instead of 26) it's just bugging me that i have em x2. Maybe ma pc thinks i don't have enough Ninja in my life! Which ain't true coz i been getting plenty-o-ninja recently!

Ahh okay, I need to update the DBM then. :-)

Still not sure about that Shinobi bug, that's a weird one. :-)

My ini updates everytime GameEx runs so my attempts to add the line break myself would have been futile. :-)

Haha!

Say, do you use multiple rom paths? Maybe you have two Shinobi sets?

Try and search for the zip and see if you do, I can't think of anything else that it might be.

Already thought of that ;) only one path and one shinobi. I wanted to take a look at list.xml to see if anything funky in there but can't (so far) find anything that will open it ^_^ (too big)

EDIT - i should have done this first (i haven't been awake long. that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it :P ) but i just loaded the All Games list and sure enough - it's there twice! WTH is going on with my set lol

IKR! I have just the defaults in most settings, all i have setup is working path, rom path (only one, and only one set exists) and custom list folder. This was only meant to be a temp install till i get my new mobo. It's a full .152 romset and i've not altered it in any way.

Imma go look see if i'm the only one in the world with this anomaly :rolleyes:

I'm a couple MAME versions behind (which is unusual for me, but I have been so busy coding that I haven't had a chance to recompile and update my set) so maybe there is a mistake in the support files for MAME?

I'm running low on guesses. :-)

Yeah that's what i'm thinking. I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same thing with .152. I'll be honest i never would have noticed if it wasn't in the HS Comp heheh. I was thinking about making a thread to see if anyone esle is experiencing this, but without a solution it seems a bit pointless. We could end up with a Shinobi panic on our hands :D

I'm ready to accept it's just a .152 thing now and it doesn't harm the HiScore list in any way so that'll be that.

As usual thanks for your awesome work and helping us keep all things high-scorey automated! Much appreciated :)

• Like 1

Well I'll see if I can't update my set tonight, and we'll see if that theory holds any merit.

I'll get back to ya with my findings. :-)

Sounds like you might have 2 instances of the ROM. Especially if it shows up in your ALL MAME GAMES list too.

You could try hitting the DELETE key and removing one of the entries for you list, but you might have "delete roms" turned off in the GameEx config. I don't have this problem myself, but I'm using the MAP file vs the favorites.

It's got nothing to do with the favorites file (1944 missing is a different bug that is in the way GameEx parses the list, but we found a suitable workaround). It's most likely a MAME problem.

I have fixed the favorites file bug, so please update DBM. :)