All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Bubble Bobble
Bubble Bobble Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 Evilforces 1,728,590 Evilforces's Hi-Score Entry
2 Yung-Jedi 1,335,100 Yung-Jedi's Hi-Score Entry
3 ExedExes 1,264,710 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
4 patrickfx 875,610 patrickfx's Hi-Score Entry
5 KRC 852,620 KRC's Hi-Score Entry
6 Mame Offender 742,480 Mame Offender's Hi-Score Entry
7 Adultery 688,940 Adultery's Hi-Score Entry
8 GimmeClassics 650,060 GimmeClassics's Hi-Score Entry
9 Floyd Turbo 480,620 Floyd Turbo's Hi-Score Entry
10 murve33 446,620 murve33's Hi-Score Entry
Last Updated by hansolo77: 12-28-2018

plus10.jpg

1. Luigimaker - 344,630 (link)
  2. rtkiii - 336,630 (link)
  3. helpman - 335,170 (link)
  4. hansolo77 - 309,310 (link)
  5. wolfman24 - 295,020 (link)
  6. be77amy - 215,650 points (link)

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Bubble Bobble:

ROMSet: BublBobl
Mode: English, Game Mode
Flip Screen: Off
Difficulty: Normal
Bonus Life: 30K, 100K, 400K
Lives: 3
Unknown: Off
Rom Type: IC52 = 512KB, IC53 = None
Special Rules: This is a Single Player ONLY Variation! Extra Lives can be obtained as well by spelling Extend. No Codes or Continues are allowed!

---> Twin Galaxies requires you to set difficulty to Normal, so make sure you change it!

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide > link
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide > link
# general rules for submitting you hi-score > link
# the above settings are the default Twin Galaxies settings > link

Good luck and have fun!

GC

I had to tell GameEx not to filter this, is the status imperfect or something?

INITIALS: DNK

SCORE: 169260

MAME: 0.148c

post-680-0-51117800-1373103122_thumb.png

I had to tell GameEx not to filter this, is the status imperfect or something?

I don't seem to have this issue. Using ROMSet "bublbobl" and leaving the "Dont filter these ROMS" field blank I can play Bubble Bobble right away. Very odd.

Thank you for your hi-score submission :)

Updated OP

Wow holy crap! This game is a lot harder than I remember. Maybe it's because it's the arcade. Maybe it's because I'm not some stupid kid anymore. All I know is that I didn't do near as good as I used to. I used to be able to get up around level 50 before I started loosing lives, this time I was down 2 before I hit 20. Strategy? Make sure you familiarize yourself will all the nuances. For instance, JUMP ON YOUR BUBBLES. This is a very key thing to know later in the levels. Also, LEARN HOW TO USE THE WATER. On some stages, you can only get up to the top and work your way down or in where the monsters are after you let the water take you off the stage. For points, GRAB EVERYTHING YOU CAN!

Anyway, here's my score, see if ya'll can beat it. Probably can, as I said I used to be waaaaaay better. :)

post-569-0-65733600-1373302026_thumb.png

Score: 309310
Initials: HAN

Yeah I did 'ok' with that score. I'm a bit ashamed it wasn't higher. This was THE game I would play just about every day on my Dad's Atari ST when I got home from school, so I got a lot of practice in. It's a lot harder now though, because I'm using a gamepad, when I was using a joystick before.. pressing 2 buttons (jump and bubble) is different than on the Atari where it was 1 button (bubble) and UP (jump). Still, I could probably beat that score on my own with more practice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

My hi-score submission:

> Hi-score: 188,270 points

> initials: DEN
> Settings used of post #1
> Screenshot of my hi-score:

post-10451-0-11625400-1377710308_thumb.p

@Han: playing this game I realize your score of 300K + is very hard to beat ! A real challenge.

GC

Updated OP, DB, LB, RSS

• 3 weeks later...

attachicon.gifbubl0000.png

initials: wlf

Settings used of post #1

mame 1.06

Nice first submission wolfman ! A second place already at the Bubble Bobble Hi-Score Table and you've entered the top 10 of our All Time Leaderboard :)

A kind request regarding your future hi-score submissions:

could you please - for your future hi-score submissions - post a snapshot including your initials (wlf) ? Example > see snapshot of post #15

Other than that I very much welcome your enthusiasm and I'm glad you've joined our competition :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there! 335.170 :D

Wow ! Nice score on Bubble Bobble !! It's great having you back around and playing so many games :)

All the threads have been updated and you are our new no. 4 at the All Time Leaderboard !! Great job.

Thank you for your enthusiasm. Competing for the (your) best scores and having fun while doing it > that's what this competition is all about :)