All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Mr. Do!
Mr. Do! Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 BrainBug 276,750 http://goo.gl/N4i6bL
2 KRC 201,750 http://goo.gl/N4i6bL
3 Tempest 160,200 http://goo.gl/N4i6bL
4 Mame Offender 151,550 http://goo.gl/N4i6bL
5 millerbrad 133,200 http://goo.gl/N4i6bL
6 Yung-Jedi 124,550 http://goo.gl/N4i6bL
7 ExedExes 118,950 http://goo.gl/N4i6bL
8 Floyd Turbo 104,750 http://goo.gl/N4i6bL
9 GeorgeT 96,650 http://goo.gl/N4i6bL
10 Adultery 80,200 http://goo.gl/N4i6bL
Last Updated by hansolo77: 10-07-2020

plus10.jpg

1. Fallout_002 - 76,900 (link)
  2. murve33 - 75,450 (link)
  3. be77amy - 65,050 (link)
  4. rtkiii - 64,750 (link)
  5. GimmeClassics - 43,650 (link)
  6. Cynicaster - 42,000 (link)
  7. helpman - 31,350 (link)
  8. MNMax21 - 29,500 (link)
  9. hansolo77 - 22,950 (link)
  10. wolfman24 - 20,550 (link)

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Mr. Do! :

ROMSet: MrDo
Difficulty: Medium
Rack Test [Cheat]: Off
Special: Easy
Extra: Easy
Cabinet: Upright
Lives: 3
Special Rules: None

---> Twin Galaxies requires you to set difficulty to Medium, so make sure you change it!

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide > link
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide > link
# general rules for submitting you hi-score > link
# the above settings are the default Twin Galaxies settings > link

Good luck and have fun!

GC

I frickin' love Mr Do! Beware, I will snipe you if you try to test my sckillz! BRINGGGGG it!!!!

INITIALS: DAD

SCORE: 61900

MAME: 0.148 Compiled

PROOF OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN:

post-680-0-48120700-1373097539_thumb.png

This game reminds of Dig Dug. Huh.

The first time I played this (ever) I didn't know there was a shooting button. So my score wasn't that great. While I waited for the Score screen to reappear for me to screen grab, I saw the instruction video and saw him shooting. So rather than wait, I started another game while shooting. Much better score. Still not the best though.

post-569-0-40057300-1373299692_thumb.png

Score: 22950

Initials: HAN

My first submission for Mr. Do! :) I really like this game!

> Hi-score: 43,650 points
> initials: DEN
> Settings used of post #1
> Mame 0.147 compiled used
> Screenshot of my hi-score:

post-10451-0-90280200-1373405411_thumb.p

GC

Updated OP, RSS and Leaderboard

We had a Mr. Do! machine at our local arcade when I was growing up. I can't even tell you how much money I spent on it! Hundreds of quarters for sure!! That, Millionaire Pinball, Shinobi, Tron, and Operation Wolf were getting all my money. That is until X-men and TMNT came... and Metal Slug! Yesssir! I still want to rebuild a NeoGeo machine for my arcade... If I don't find a pincab kit first!

Anyway... Yeah. I love me some Mr. Do! I could play it all night long. I love the music change when you get the "fruit". :)

Wow you guys are good.

Keep practicing and you will surprise yourself ;) It's a hard game to achieve a good score but I think it's a very nice game to play :)

Updated OP, RSS, DB and Leaderboard

We had a Mr. Do! machine at our local arcade when I was growing up. I can't even tell you how much money I spent on it! Hundreds of quarters for sure!! That, Millionaire Pinball, Shinobi, Tron, and Operation Wolf were getting all my money. That is until X-men and TMNT came... and Metal Slug! Yesssir!

Wow, I wish I had more chances to play on arcade cabinets when I was growing up. Being born in the eighties (1980) there were unfortunately in Europe (Netherlands to be specific) not a lot around to play on. Consoles like Atari, MSX, Amiga and Gameboy were however big in Europe.

I grew up playing Game & Watch handhelds, MSX, Amiga 500, NES 8 bit and Sega Game Gear (and a Cabinet when I was very lucky) and have fond memories playing on all of these - MSX and Amiga 500 especially :) I do however love playing Arcade Classics and I am planning to build a cabinet in the (near) future. This will however be a real challenge....but with the GameEx community to help me out I'm confident I will succeed ...someday ;)

I was born in 1980. However I grew up in a poverty stricken household. Still am, matter of fact. I didn't really get to do much arcade gaming when I was little. The earliest I can remember was going to a friend's Chucky Cheese's birthday party, and Mom gave me $5 for tokens. I played about $3 worth of skeeball, and then $1 worth of racing (Pole Position I believe, might have been Hang-On, I know it was a sit down game) and then $1 of After Burner with the pitching cockpit (the one seen in Terminator 2). There was also a little party at our local roller skating rink, and I didn't have any money. So I walked up to a bunch of arcade games and PRETENDED that I was playing during the attract mode. Lol, kinda lame, but it was cool for me at the time. Then later in high school we took a trip down to Florida and stopped over at a truck stop. They had a Killer Instinct machine running, and everybody played on that while I watched as the busses got refueled. Then once we were in Florida, the hotel we were staying at had an Earthshaker pinball machine in the gift shop, so I played about $10 there. Other than that, my local comic shop when I was in my early teens had a Star Trek TNG pinball machine in their store, and I played it a bunch of times with left over allowance money I didn't spend on comics. Never got onto the high score boards though. That was it for my arcade experience. OH WAIT! I did play 1 game (lasted very shortly) of the Star Wars Trilogy (Model 3) arcade game at a movie theater waiting for Star Wars Episode 1 to start showing on the IMAX screen. :) Aside from that, we were all Atari growing up until our Grandma got us a Sega Master System from a garage sale, and then my parents got my brother a Sega Genesis for his birthday. It was going to be a Christmas present but the stores were out of them. His birthday is January 9th, and they just happened to have some more in stock by then. To this day he still treats it as HIS system, even though he only had 3 games, and I had about 12 for it. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to do some serious Apple dropping to hit that score... it must be an old person thing to be good at old games! Lol!

MMM 98050

Thank you for joining our Hi-Score Competition Tempest ! It's an honor having another moderator joining our competition. You're more than welcome :)

98,050 points ! Wow, this is an amazing score on medium difficulty !

I was waiting for something I could actually play.

:)

When you can score almost 100K at Mr. Do (medium difficulty) I'm almost certain you will do good at many of our other hi-score games. I dare you to try them ;) .....a nice side effect: it will also improve you position at our all-time Leaderboard :)

Thanks again for joining our competition !

Updated OP, DB, RSS and Leaderboard

• 3 weeks later...

@ Tempest: you've really raised the bar BT :) An amazing score !

I think if you play a few more of our hi-score games you'll definitely be a top contender for a no.1 Leaderboard position ;)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• 1 month later...

Been awhile but I thought i'd try this again. Still flipping hard! :)

Little better score.

That's what this competition is all about :) Trying to improve your best game and challenging each other to new heights ;) ......... and of course having fun playing these games ^_^

Thank you for you hi-score submission rtkiii !

I'm busy trying to improve my nitroball hi-score. I know I can break the 5 million ;)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

......as I was saying..... :P

That's what this competition is all about :) Trying to improve your best game and challenging each other to new heights ;) ......... and of course having fun playing these games ^_^...

Nice improvement rtkiii !!!! Gettin' closer to my third place... :blink:

Updated OP, DB, LB, RSS

• Like 1

I'm not sure if you guys have a strategy, but a few tips

Pass under an apple without any enemies close behind you. after the apple falls push it into the open column just a bit. At this point you can move on and most likely you will get 1-3 enemies to kill themselves while digging under the apple, or you can wait there and push the apple as they start to dig. The more enemies you kill with one apple, the more points that you get.

Every 10,000 points one of the letters will come down from the top. Go right up to a wall and wait for them to pass. You can actually throw the ball through the wall without creating an opening for the enemies to get to you if you are close enough. To do this, face the wall and press the button to throw the ball repeatedly while moving towards the wall until the ball goes through the wall. At that point you need to stop moving or you will break the wall and the enemies will get you.

After the enemies leave the center area, make sure to pick up the prize in the center for extra points. When you pick up the prize, one of the letters from the top will come down into the maze. If you have time, wait until a letter that you have not previously killed is highlighted, and THEN grab the prize.

Spell EXTRA, and get a bonus life.

• Like 2

No Problem, if for any reason something I said doesn't make sense, let me know and I will try to clarify. Most people around here know that the above post was like writing a book for me. Most of the time if I can't say it in a sentence or two, it doesn't get said. :rolleyes: