All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

WOW :o

...you don't have to say sorry be77amy. I like this competition we're having. I hope others will join us :)

Your hi-score will be very hard to beat. But like I said before, I like a challenge ;)

Updated OP, DB, LB, RSS

Seeing as how this games gone a bit quiet and I like the competition on it I thought I'd post a few gameplay tips that might help some people:

Level 1: head straight up the middle all guns blazing and try and get the can to drop before heading back down. grab the can and go straight back up the middle shooting. ~12k points

Level 2: if you did the first level correctly you should have enough super spray left to shoot kong to the top before he gets chance to do anything. ~20k

Level 3: straight up the middle again until the bees come out then back down and survive. shoot the caterpillars on the way down to stop them infesting the platforms. ~35k

Level 4: I usually lose a life on this level but try and survive as long as possible. On the fresh life rush for the can which should get you through 2 more levels! ~60k

get more points by shooting the exploding bees with normal ones around them before you shoot the orbitting bees. dont let the caterpillars land. And above everything else dont lose your plants. the hit to your bonuses is shocking!

Seeing as how this games gone a bit quiet and I like the competition on it I thought I'd post a few gameplay tips that might help some people:

Level 1: head straight up the middle all guns blazing and try and get the can to drop before heading back down. grab the can and go straight back up the middle shooting. ~12k points

Level 2: if you did the first level correctly you should have enough super spray left to shoot kong to the top before he gets chance to do anything. ~20k

Level 3: straight up the middle again until the bees come out then back down and survive. shoot the caterpillars on the way down to stop them infesting the platforms. ~35k

Level 4: I usually lose a life on this level but try and survive as long as possible. On the fresh life rush for the can which should get you through 2 more levels! ~60k

get more points by shooting the exploding bees with normal ones around them before you shoot the orbitting bees. dont let the caterpillars land. And above everything else dont lose your plants. the hit to your bonuses is shocking!

Thank you for sharing your gameplay strategy :) These are really good tips ! I actually used the same strategy with my 100K + score.

This should really help a lot of us improving our scores. Please join us and start spraying yourself to the top ;)

Thanks be77amy !

• 2 weeks later...

Having grown up playing Donkey Kong & Donkey Kong Jr., I never played this one... Seems very different than the others. I might come back to try and improve my score...

Donkey Kong Jr. will probably be added to our competition as of October 1st (see poll).

Be77amy shared his gameplay strategy for Donkey Kong 3. It might help you out improving your best score. Thank your for submission :)

Updated OP

The strategy does help! But how do you get the big sprayer to show up on each level??? Sometimes when I transition to the next level, it doesn't 'spawn', so I'm stuck with the little gun... But I still improved...

@ ehuonder > nice improvement !!

The big sprayer will only show up when you lose a life. When I lose a life I usually pick up the big sprayer at the very end of the level when Donkey Kong is near the top of the ceiling. This way you can spray Donkey Kong quickly to the top and still have some left at the beginning of the next level. This really works for me :)

Good luck improving your score ;)

attachicon.gifdkon0002.png

initials: wlf

Settings used of post #1

mame 1.06

@ wolfman > nice score !!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Hi emma and welcome to the forums :)

Nice score for your first submission! Feel free to try some of the other titles in our competition, each score will add to your total on the overall leaderboard. One of our HiScore bosses will add you to the boards shortly i'm sure ^_^

hi im emma im new to this message board! :) first score update woo

Initials > EMZ

Mame > 149

Rules > as post #1

Score > 90200

...one of our HiScore bosses will add you to the boards shortly i'm sure ^_^

......Boss ? .... :huh: ..who..? ..... :ph34r: ....oooh, he meant me :D:lol::P !!

hi im emma im new to this message board! :) first score update woo

Initials > EMZ

Mame > 149

Rules > as post #1

Score > 90200

Hi Emma !

Welcome to the GameEx Community ! You're more than welcome to join our Hi-Score Competition !

A very nice Donkey Kong 3 score. A no. 3 spot already at our Donkey Kong 3 hi-score table (see post #1) ^_^

I've sent you a personal message (see little envelop at the top right section of your screen) about our Hi-Score competition with some additional info and general rules. If you have any questions about our competition you can always sent me a PM :)

Thank you for joining our Hi-Score Competition and good luck playing our hi-score games :)

GimmeClassics (GC)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, Leaderboard

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Jeez be77amy, how do you be so good?

108,300 is good enough for me.

Pretty good score there murve !! You're joining the 100K+ Donkey Kong 3 club...congratz ;)

I noticed you were succesful adding the picture of your hi-score screen to your post instead of a link to the picture. I'm glad you've sorted that out !!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 3 weeks later...

DK 3 -- I can play this rather endlessly on the NES, but that's about it.

Here's the best of what I got after a few plays.

ExedExes - 85,900

@ ExedExes : could you please post a screenshot of your hi-score ? Of course we have no reason to distrust your hi-score ;) ...so I have already added your score to Donkey Kong's 3 hi-score table. When you post your screenshot I will also add your points to your Leaderboard total :). Thanks man !!

...and please welcome our new GameEx Hi-score Leader !! Congratz ExedExes !!

Updated OP, LB