All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Hi-Score Database Manager

@Han: Yeah, since that score is a float (a number with a decimal) for that game, you just needed to add the 138.0 to the end of it. I fixed that and uploaded the new spread.

@Dazzle: I'll test right now, hold on a sec..

@Dazzle: I am able to log in with your credentials... :( I also did an update using your User Name.

Can you see the XML if you go to it online? http://gameinfo.hfc-essentials.com/hiscore/HiScore.xml

Throwing my two cents: I've just updated the DBM with smario's Blazing Star score. The Quick Sort did work and uploading and updating the Feed also.

I don't seem to have any problems with the DBM and I'm also using version 1.1.5. I'm sorry to hear you have problems using the DBM Darren. Very weird :wacko:

@Dazzle: I am able to log in with your credentials... :( I also did an update using your User Name.

Can you see the XML if you go to it online? http://gameinfo.hfc-essentials.com/hiscore/HiScore.xml

Abolutely:

<snip><hiscore>  <annc>The Game Of The Month for April 2014 is Golden Axe ! ... </annc>  <game name="Centipede" rom="centiped" system="MAME">    <dipswitch name="Service Mode">      <value>Off</value>    </dipswitch>    <dipswitch name="Lives">      <value>3</value></snip>
Weird huh. I'll download DBM again and put it in a fresh directory, re-enter my details etc.

Good! Glad it wasn't anything big Adultery would have to fix... Kinda weird something like that would happen suddenly if it's been working so far, to just start doing that to ya without a Windows Update. (microsoft is out to get us and stop us from making hi scores...)

It was probably the patch to IE and .NET that was causing this, sure to that huge vulnerability (Constantine Fox). I didn't even think about that, but I'm wiling to bet it was tied in somehow considering I use some net code to get the db from the server. ;)

• 6 months later...

Well the comp doesn't really go by system per say... It just appears that way. I can add RSS in for all comps though in a future release.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

This looks awesome!  I have been a little non-existent in the hiscore forum lately.  I need to do a rebuild of MAME now that I snagged the nice system pack from the FTP.  I plan on adding this functionality into GameEx too..  

@Adultery @hansolo77 I am wondering how this looks in GameEx for someone who does not have the edit ability for the scores.  Is it a selection within the game menu in GameEx prior to launching MAME or is it literally within the game inside MAME?

The program we use is external to GameEx.  It simply generates the xml that GameEx can read, and uploads to a server so it's always accessible.  GameEx does all the rest.  There is also a MAP file that is generated so you can create a separate menu item to list just the games that are currently supported.

Ok, I think I recall the MAP file from my initial working with the snapper.  I believe the MAP was auto created somehow.  II guess I am just wondering how I get GameEx to show it to me.  Is there a place to change a setting in the wizard to allow this or is it already built in and I just have yet to notice it?  I see the hitotext deal from headkaze, but that seems different.  I know the actual manager is for you guys and updating scores sent in.  I would just like to visually see the fruits of your labor on my end... 

Thanks @hansolo77

I honestly never went into it very much to see if there is a way to visualize high scores from within GameEx.  I know for sure that there is a generated RSS feed, that you can set up to display at the bottom of your screen (if you're using a theme that has it).  With the advancements to GameEx in the "Evolution" field, I think there are plans (maybe already implemented) to show tables and such inside the menus.  I've not taken the Evolution plunge yet though, so I don't know if it's integrated yet or if it is what is required to set it up.

As for the MAP file, you need to use the "Custom Menus" app located in START/GameEx/Configuration.  Just create a new emulator entry in the Setup Wizard, add the MAP file location, and then the Custom Menu for it.  All the details can be found here:

https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/12781-rules-guides-and-map-file/#comment-116527

@hansolo77 @Adultery THANKS!  I have done the custom high score emulator in the past, but I installed a new GameEx recently to fix some bugs I had created.  I have yet to redo the emulator.  

It appears that @Adultery has the high score lists for monthly comps and leader boards built into his Game Info plugin.  If that is the case, his plugin download thread may deserve a PIN in this forum.

• NEW! Supports GameEx's Hi-Score competition directly *Online only feature!

The reason this all came about appears to be an error on my part.  I saw a post by @Cynicaster in the Defender GOTM thread with a screenshot of his score.  On the screenshot, it has his initials and also MAM, which I believe @Mame Offender uses as his initials.  I made the connection and assumed there was somehow a way to keep scores in a universal list now.  

Either way, the Game Info plugin looks sweet!  I am going to add that tonight.

@Adultery - He's referring to the screenshot Cynicaster took of his initials, and it showed MAM on it as well.  This was his IN-GAME screenshot, not using the snapshot plugin.  As far as I know, there is no way to integrate high scores that are achieved on a different machine INTO yours.  Meaning, if I get a high score and get to enter my initials on the in-game board on MY computer, it doesn't automatically sync it up and send it to everybody elses in-game too.  That's why we needed the forum.  It would be awesome if we could some how get scores to sync, but unless the game was programmed with such an ability, I doubt very much this would be possible.  All we get is the forum for you to post your score (with a screenshot proof) and we update the boards here.  When you play, you'll only see your board.  You'll have to visit the forum to see what the current scores are in the competition.  Does that make sense?

It's not that it would be impossible, just really hard. ;)

There is a file that is saved to your computer with the hi-score saved on it. One could maybe make that centrally available, but if more than one person plays at a time the whole thing is a wash. Maybe something in their new LUA engine though...