All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] XBOX

Draco1962

XBOX Theme for GameEx - 19210x1080

I know I have a few other themes also WIP and they should be released soon. This is actually a theme that I had "in the pipe" from a few years ago. I have always liked my first XBox best. It was Microsoft's first and, to this day, best IMO. Even though I had one of the Pong clones as a kid, and an N64 that was given to me by a friend, the original Xbox was my first console that I purchased myself and enjoy even to this day.

It is my hope that this theme will capture the essence of the original Xbox and do it justice. Unfortunately, there is no way to replicate the GUI, so I will have to be satisfied with the colors and background images.

post-5872-0-70432300-1370908167_thumb.pn

• Like 2

Looks good, Very stylish.

I should imagine that this theme shouldn't be too long until it's finished.

My first console was a NES in about '88, The first ever console I bought myself was the original Playstation in Dec 1995, I saved and saved money just to get one.

It lasted me until August 2000 when it finally died. (RIP)

Dig this Draco! OG Xbock was the coolest. I still have mine with unleashedX and a few emulators on it. Very fun system that we wasted so many life hours playing Halo, 4 way split screen. Memories!

Appreciate the appreciation! Here is a sneak-peak at some of the logo files I will be using for the theme. Once complete, there will be .xcf and .psd files along with the logo packs so that anyone can create their own files using several different frame styles and background colors.

post-5872-0-63843900-1371087806_thumb.pn

post-5872-0-08650700-1371087811_thumb.pn

post-5872-0-65787500-1371087815_thumb.pn

post-5872-0-77925200-1371087819_thumb.pn

post-5872-0-52823500-1371087824_thumb.pn

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I am considering an alternate background image. Based upon the examples, let me know if this might be preferable. I find it to be a little less busy, but effective and easier on the eyes.

post-5872-0-80338000-1373717589_thumb.pn

post-5872-0-75765200-1373717599_thumb.pn

• Like 2

I am considering an alternate background image. Based upon the examples, let me know if this might be preferable. I find it to be a little less busy, but effective and easier on the eyes.

I prefer this one Draco, the contrast between the bright green borders and the darker back definitely makes it a lil less "busy" as you say, and a bit more defined. Nothing wrong with the original though! It's just my personal preference :)

-EDIT- Oh, and nice incorporation of the HiScore feed! B)

I prefer this one Draco, the contrast between the bright green borders and the darker back definitely makes it a lil less "busy" as you say, and a bit more defined. Nothing wrong with the original though! It's just my personal preference :)

-EDIT- Oh, and nice incorporation of the HiScore feed! B)

Thanks for the feedback! I am liking the new BG better as I continue to refine other elements. As for the HiScore feed, I am glad to incorporate it into my work and give my brothers props. I hope to have this wrapped up for release soon.

I am finished with the theme and hope it will be available for download shortly. It is quite beefy in file size due to the inclusion of the various logo packs. Here is a snap from the finished product.

post-5872-0-69225900-1374028549_thumb.pn

• Like 1