All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Videos stop displaying bug?

tezting

I don't know how long in attract mode.

But I can get the playfield to disappear 9/10 times just by changing table. Just do it a little fast and it will be gone.

With the Sound thing I did not see any difference.

I have been attempting to test this the past couple of days by trying different settings and then leaving it running in attract mode for awhile while I go to work/sleep/etc. I haven't been able to determine if any of the settings make the black screens go away, however, as every time I come back to check on it, PinEx has crashed and closed. This only started happening since I replaced my netvideoplayer.dll a couple days ago, so I assume it is the culprit. Scrolling back and forth like crazy doesn't seem to make the playfield go black, for what it's worth.

I have attached my most recent log, which appears to show an out-of-memory error occurring after about an hour and a half, causing PinEx to shut down:

log.txt

Scrolling back and forth like crazy doesn't seem to make the playfield go black, for what it's worth.

We're all in different boats because that is the only way I can see the bug happening. Scroll a few tables, stop, check video. Rinse & repeat.

Like I've allready mentioned, some settings go black quicker than others, with disabled LAV I have yet to see it come back. All working fine.

To be honest, Ive looked at this for some time and I don't think its an internal bug in the application. There were some issues with videos initially with PinballX but right now I believe everything is related to external codecs.

PS: I think if the videos were encoded in MP4 h264 rather than F4V which is not a common format we would have fewer issues.

Downloaded latest & tested for 5 or so minutes, opening tables, watching the gameplay/tutorials , spinning wheel and stopping.

It's been ok, there was only one point where it didn't show a video, but going to next table and back made it appear again. Doing that before it wouldn't come back.

The library has been very well tested with GameEx. I know its good. Ive tested it concurrently launching 100's of thousands MP4s. I am sure its the f4vs that the codecs hve issues with. It may well be the lav splitter that is the issue which would be why FFDSHOW also has issues and changing from LAV audio helped. Try changing the splitter to use one of the others and see if that helps. I am able to duplicate the issue on one machine I am using so that is good.

I will move to your library Ben eventually but last time I tried with GameEx there were issues with MKVs containing multiple streams. We did discuss it.

I've tried many, many shark combos trying to get this to work... lotsa false hope... no luck.

I really, really don't want to go back to hp, everything about pbx is better. But I can't live with this bug either...

Any and all ideas to try are welcome!!!

I've tried many, many shark combos trying to get this to work... lotsa false hope... no luck.

I really, really don't want to go back to hp, everything about pbx is better. But I can't live with this bug either...

Any and all ideas to try are welcome!!!

I have disabled LAV and running the latest version and have not seen the bug since. It is only 5 days but am crossing my fingers.

I did a test and copied all the Table videos to the Backglass videos folder and the DMD videos folders and then ran PinballX. I ran this setup a few times and eventually the playfield video would go black or freeze, but the attraction mode kept going and the backglass video and dmd video were updating and playing fine. So whatever bug is affecting the playfield video does not seem to affect the backglass or dmd video playback.

Maybe create a test build that has no graphics overlays on the playfield monitor and run the attract mode with videos on all three monitors and if that runs okay then add stuff back in slowly

AMD, GTX660, Win7 x64, Shark codec set to default with LAV disabled, about 100 tables