All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Videos stop displaying bug?

tezting

Hi,

I have just installed the PinballX and I will start by saying it is awesome! So much better than HyperPin (Win7).

Problem:

But it randomly stops playing videos and there will only be a black playfield. It will only come back if I quit and start PinballX again.

I have also tried to wait on attractmode and after some min the playfield turns black and it will not show videos any more.

I have noticed this same issue, although I've only experienced it personally after attract mode has been running for awhile. Mine is not limited to just videos, though - i get a black screen instead of a video, playfield image, or even the default "no image found" placeholder graphic with the wheel images, bottom bar, and backglass still showing.

I also have experienced some odd behavior with the attract mode that may or not be intentional: usually it will spend a few seconds on each table and cycle to the next, but sometimes it stops at one for a long while, for some reason, as if I had hit a button and stopped attract mode. Also in attract mode, it seems that sometimes the voice plugin will say the name of the table and sometimes it won't.

Problem:

But it randomly stops playing videos and there will only be a black playfield. It will only come back if I quit and start PinballX again.

Yea , get the same thing here. If the PF videos do go blank and you exit PinX, you have to end process manually. I thought FFDSHOW helped it , but still happens sometimes.

Actually, I downloaded 1.39 again, and now it doesn't seem to be losing the playfield anymore. I had originally downloaded 1.39 a couple nights ago, not long after it was first posted, so if you have altered it since then, but not changed the version number, than perhaps it IS fixed.

Same here... tried all suggesred shark options... I just lose pf not bg. Idk if related but I have a number video an wheel mismatches. They don't appear in manager just when in pbx.

Win7 32 bit P3 nvidia 640 4meg ram. Fresh install of 7 on new drive (kept xp drive in case this didn't work out).

Thx

System specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit, Service Pack 1, AMD Phenom3 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 460 1GB, 2-screen setup

I had already been using the Shark recommended settings before, so I tried switching to ffdshow. If I did it right, then it didn't help - I still get black playfields after attract mode has been running for awhile.

Here is a screenshot of my Shark settings, so please let me know if I didn't choose the right option(s).

post-17246-0-94929800-1370808985_thumb.p

I just had table blackout just while scrowling. Had only seen it in attract mode before...

EDIT: After messing with it off and on today, twice as I was scrolling slowly through a trouble area (the Jungles want to get mixed up, among others...) I lost playfield.

Don't know if this info is of use... this morning, fire up pc, scroll through 3 or 4 games, playfield goes black while I'm slowly scrolling. Exit, reload and its been scrolling on its own for 45 min w/o incident!

Also, before fresh install of 7 iwas on xp, had installed and uninstalled shark (before pbx was out) and had been using regular ffdshow. It worked fine then but I would see a lot ffd icons in task bar window... again dunno if it helps, trying to help.

I'm not worried... I'm sure you smarty-smarts will figure it out! Thx!

I've tested the above and thought it was pretty good at first but it did happen again. I don't have attract mode on. Sometimes can happen skipping through the wheels , then pushing select on table to bring up menu. Doesn't seem to happen directly after playing a table. When it does happen , it leaves pinballx hanging in background. When the hang happens it also leaves the ffdshow audi.exe or something along them lines in process. This isn't present when it closes normaly.

In my testing there are issues with the current version of LAV even after a short period. FFDshow and Microsoft mp4 codec seems to work fine though. To properly use either the Microsoft or FFDSHOW codec you need to also specify it in the swap page for MP4/Divx. I recommend FFDSHOw over the Microsoft codec.

Sorry, can you explain how? Is this a shark thing?

If I understand correctly what Tom's saying to do (and I think I do), then you should open your Shark007 settings, go to the "SWAP" tab, and choose the option to use the FFDSHOW codec under the divx/xvid/mp4/etc section.

I just did this, replaced the dll file Tom provided earlier, and am letting it run in attract mode this afternoon while I'm at work to see what happens.

Well I think I've sorted mine here. I did try the swap thing but still the same, it didn't happen as quick as it did before but it did happen.

What I tried was to reset the shark settings and go back to default and in the audio tab disable LAV audio.

I've spun though the wheel a couple of times stopping at random. Watched a gameplay & tutorial for different games and it hasn't happened yet.