All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

1.22-1.25 reported Issues

nullPointer

New wheel works great. Many thanks Tom!

As I don't have any artistic skills I just colored the default underlay.png outline with some red/burgundy. Here is a photo of it in action:

post-17164-0-94254600-1369929340_thumb.j

And here is the underlay.png for anyone who wants it:

post-17164-0-07732500-1369929141_thumb.p

Note: I noticed you must have both underlay and overlay in the images folder otherwise the exe crashes.

There's a problem with xml description if it has "the" , in the title. You will get black screen and have to task manager out of it when you try and launch these. At first I thought it was something to do with the length when i shortened the following to star trek. If "the" is removed from description it loads.

I went on to test "Tales from the Crypt" , and same thing. However "The Addams Family" is ok.

<game name="STTNG_VP91x_v1.2FS">    <description>Star Trek The Next Generation (Williams 1993)</description>    <manufacturer>Williams</manufacturer>    <year>1993</year>    <type>SS</type>  </game>

Same issue here. I only have a handful of tables set up so far (all VP dB2S) and when selecting Back To The Future I've been getting any one of the following problems at random:

- playfield video doesn't play

- PinballX stops responding when I try to launch the table (on one occasion I got an application error - see attached pic)

- table launches but playfield screen is black or corrupted, although backglass is fine

- table launches and plays perfectly but PinballX stops responding when I exit the table

I thought for a while that it only happened when navigating to BTTF with the right flipper and it was fine if I scrolled backwards to it with the left flipper, but I've tried again with the left flipper and been proved wrong, although it seems to be worse using the right one than the left.

Strangely I have no trouble with Creature From The Black Lagoon or Elvira And The Party Monsters, so I assumed it was due to BTTF being the first entry in my database. However, after adding Airborne as the first entry last night I found the same problems occur when I select Airborne or BTTF.

While typing this I've just scrolled through to the last table and back to Airborne with the right flipper, got no playfield video but was able to launch, play and exit without a hitch, then it stopped responding when I pressed the right flipper again to select BTTF. I then repeated this while scrolling round with the left flipper and got the same result.

PinballX.ini

log.txt

post-9774-0-29297100-1369986495_thumb.pn

Visual Pinball.xml

Yes. I've just done a few more test runs with the following results (Twilight Zone is the last table in my database, and I'm talking about playfield videos in every case):

1 - Starting the program with Twilight Zone as the last played table (with video playing), when I moved to Airborne with the right flipper the video didn't play. I moved on to Back To The Future and the video played, then back to Airborne and that video played too.

2- Starting with Twilight Zone as the last played table (with video playing), I cycled through the whole list of tables with the right flipper and none of the videos played.

3 - Starting at Airborne with the video playing, I went though all the tables with the right flipper without a problem, but when moving from Twilight Zone to Airborne video didn't play, then from Airborne to BTTF the program stopped responding.

4 - Starting at Airborne with the video playing, I scrolled back with the left flipper and when moving from F-14 Tomcat to Elvis the program stopped responding.

5 - Starting at Airborne with the video playing, I went though the tables with the right flipper and got no video for Creature From The Black Lagoon. Eight Ball, Elvira and Elvis videos played OK, then nothing for F-14. Scrolled back and forth a bit with no videos playing, then the program stopped responding when I went from BTTF to Airborne.

I should point out that I am not using the Shark codecs, but I can install them now if you think it would help. I've just taken an image of my C drive so I can roll it back if anything untoward happens.

My PC specs are Win 7 64bit, i7-920 @2.67GHz, 12GB ram, Nvidia GTX 660Ti, and to simulate what will be in the cab I'm currently running my 1920x1200 monitors at 1920x1080 and 1366x768, plus the old one at 1280x1024 is showing the DMD although I'll actually be using a 7" USB monitor.

EDIT: Didn't see that post about 1.23 until after I'd done all of the above! I'll give it a try and report back later, thanks.

Getting closer... I've installed the Shark codecs and the latest 1.23 and all the videos played fine when I scrolled from start to finish with the right flipper then back again with the left. I then whizzed back and forth a few times by holding down the flippers (shift keys), then stepped through the tables again one at a time with the left flipper and when I got to RUSH 2112 it stopped playing any videos from then on. Going forward again, it stopped responding when I got to BTTF.

Still having trouble, PinballX will crash on launch of none working tables. You will know when the loading image doesn't display.

Working~:

<game name="Back_to_the_Future_VP911_v1.0FS">    <description>Back to the Future (Data East 1990)</description>    <manufacturer>Data East</manufacturer>    <year>1990</year>    <type>SS</type>  </game>  <game name="Elvira_and_the_Party_Monsters_VP91x_v1.2FS">    <description>Elvira and the Party Monsters (Bally 1995)</description>    <manufacturer>Bally</manufacturer>    <year>1995</year>    <type>SS</type>  </game>  <game name="Hit-the-Deck_EM-VP911_1.0FS"><description>Hit the Deck (Gottlieb 1978)</description><manufacturer>Gottlieb</manufacturer><year>1978</year><type>EM</type></game>    <game name="LOTR_VP91x_2.4FS">    <description>Lord Of The Rings (Stern 2003)</description>    <manufacturer>Stern</manufacturer>    <year>2003</year>    <type>SS</type>  </game>  <game name="TOTAN_VP91x_3.4FS_Classic">    <description>Tales of the Arabian Nights (Williams 1996)</description>    <manufacturer>Williams</manufacturer>    <year>1996</year>    <type>SS</type>  </game>

Not Working:

<game name="TFTC_VP91x_2.1.1FS">    <description>Tales from the Crypt (Data East 1993)</description>    <manufacturer>Data East</manufacturer>    <year>1993</year>    <type>SS</type>  </game>  <game name="Creature_from_the_Black_Lagoon_Mod_FS_VP912">    <description>Creature from the Black Lagoon (Bally 1992)</description>    <manufacturer>Bally</manufacturer>    <year>1992</year>    <type>SS</type>  </game>  <game name="Terminator3_BLUEandREDledGImod_B2S">    <description>Terminator 3 (Stern 2003)</description>    <manufacturer>Stern</manufacturer>    <year>2003</year>    <type>SS</type>  </game>   <game name="STTNG_VP91x_v1.2FS">    <description>Star Trek Next Generation (Williams 1993)</description>    <manufacturer>Williams</manufacturer>    <year>1993</year>    <type>SS</type>  </game>

If "the" is removed from the few tables above they work. T3 was just a random one that did the same thing.

Still having trouble I'm afraid. Looked OK as I cycled all the way round with right shift, then no video when I got to Airborne and stopped responding on BTTF.

Actually seems to be more random crash on launch of a table. Somethings happened since backglass updates? Where the fade/switch is happening it doesn't like it? At least on my machine anyway and do remember most tables launching without problems.

<game name="KISS_9.1_1.0.0_FS">
<description>KISS (Bally 1979)</description>
<manufacturer>Bally</manufacturer>
<year>1979</year>
<type>SS</type>
</game>

Launched that and no loading image, just a black screen freeze and have task manager out of it. Launched again after reloading pinballx and it worked.

Replacement exe had some glitches on the first few videos, went all the way round twice, then no video on the first table then stopped responding.

1.25 started on T2, I right flippered my way to the 1st table and got no video, 2nd table (BTTF) video played OK, 3rd table onwards no video.

log.txt

Replacement exe had some glitches on the first few videos, went all the way round twice, then no video on the first table then stopped responding.

1.25 started on T2, I right flippered my way to the 1st table and got no video, 2nd table (BTTF) video played OK, 3rd table onwards no video.

This is almost deffintitly a codec issue. Please try Shark and Shark Recommend settings within that.