All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Uninstall Issue and Install to different directory

throwingmuse

I installed PinballX today and I discovered that it would not allow me to change the default installation direction. I prefer to have my emulators and frontends stored in a directory other than C:. After the install, I attempted to uninstall PinballX. The uninstaller script ran successfully -- it didn't present any errors -- but it did not remove every file. In the PinballX directory is the file: Flash.ocx. I cannot delete it manually, even with Administrator access. I attempted to delete it while in Safe Mode but it would not allow me.

What do I have to do to get the Flash.ocx file deleted from the PinballX directory so that I can then delete the PinballX directory on C:? Does it have to be unregistered? Will this impact my standard Flash app?

Also, is it possible to change the installer to allow users to select the installation directory?

Thanks!

For now , all you need to do is copy over all contents to wherever you like. Mine resides in I:\hyperpin folder. Anytime its updated , just run the installer and check files by date modified to see whats been changed and move these newer files over.

Long winded but you get quick at it after a few versions :)

Yes, I rebooted several times, both standard and safe modes.

I finally managed to delete the file and folder. It appears to be related to inherited security properties. I had to modify Flash.ocx properties, delete all users, add back myself as the owner, and set Full Control permissions. Only then was I able to delete the file.

Here were the steps I had to follow:

1. Turn off simple file sharing in :tools *options :view
2. R CLICK file -CLICK properties -CLICK securities tab -CLICK advanced
3. -NOW remove all users AND re-add ONLY 1 USER admin (you)
4. un-check the inheritance box

5. Grant Full Control

6. Save then delete

• Like 2