All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

custom setup & clear backglass

Darkmeteor

I have 2 little requests that I would like to see on PinballX, it would be nice to be able to upgrade without installing the sample files in the media directory ! I might be a bit paranoid, but I'm always afraid that it will overwrite something of mine with the same name, so I backup the media directory each time :)

The other request is when launching a game, would it be possible to have the backglass turn black when PinballX shows up the game after loading ? I ask this because I have a 5:4 backglass screen, and have set backglasses to correct ratio, so some of them are centered on the screen with black border on top and bottom. These border are actually transparent, and my desktop background is black. But from PinballX the backglass stays in the background, and since the videos are usually fullscreen, it is visible in these 2 parts of the screen.

I was just going to make the same request about hiding the backglass images, but actually what I think is really required is the ability to customise the size and position of the backglass screen on an individual table basis in the same way as dB2S Server does.

Most of the backglasses I've installed so far are 4:3 but some are 16:9 or 15:9. As I've just decided I'll be using a 1366x768 monitor to display them, my dB2S ScreenRes,txt now has the backglass globally set to 1024x768 and I also have a few custom .res files set up for the few tables that have a widescreen backglass. Perhaps you could even use these files to automatically display the images or videos at exactly the same size and position as the backglasses?

Well, what I had in mind was for the backglass images and videos to be displayed at the correct aspect ratio no matter what shape screen is being used, so they look the same as the actual backglass that appears when the table is launched. The way it is at the moment, I can set the PinballX backglass screen to 1024x768 so most of them are fine, but a few (e.g. T2) are squashed rather than filling the whole screen at 1366x768.

I also agree with only updated exe, or whatever else changes from version so no extra files are written. Maybe have to files a full install and a minimum install with just the changes. might be too much since it changes so often (not a complaint at all, love it). Thanks

For the last few revisions including 1.31 I no longer have my back glass displayed. I get a black screen. I see the back glass while browsing tables but upon launching I get a black screen. I'm using a 2 monitor setup. Is this blackout of the back glass related to this request?