All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Table loading times compared to HP

jupiter

I noticed that VP tables seem to load slower than HP, so I timed a few tables.

A non-ROM EM table such as AbraCadabra takes 6 seconds in HP and 15 seconds in PinballX. The table is playable after the 6 seconds in HP.

A ROM table like Attack from Mars NightMod takes 4 seconds in HP And 11 in PinballX.

However I think it is related to PinballX waiting for sonething to trigger before it makes VP visible. In the case of AFM the playfield only shows after the Pinmame ROM has initialised (ie: 'Testing....' completes) whereas HP/FPlaunch shows it while the ROM is initializing. For The EM table there is no ROM so not sure what the delay is. Is there a setting or could there be a setting to display the tables earlier.

I use XP 32-bit with no Videos enabled. The front end works super fast so not a slow PC issue.

Thanks for the info. I experimented some more and the timer seems very long. Another example is when I load VP 'Back to the Future' table the "Loading" continues to be displayed for 6-7 seconds after PinMame is initialized. I can actually insert a coin and start the game before the table shows. I have an SSD drive so maybe I am accustomed to very fast load times?

I am not sure if this time duration could be configurable, or somehow you can detect when VP is ready. I know this is done from AHK in FPLaunch.