All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Recursive directories

GeoMan

Just a quick question: when you set a folder location containing your Future Pinball tables, is it possible for PinballX to search into folders inside the tables folder?

My current Tables folder looks like:

Tables <folder>

Bad Cats<folder> -> BadCats.fpt

Star Trek<folder> -> StarTrek.fpt

I tried changing the .xml to read:

<game name="Bad Cats/BadCats">

but it didn't work...

My advice for FP tables is to put the all tables in the table directory together, and all the table libs in the library directory, this way the table directory stays nice and clean. So far none of my tables had the same library names.

Not currently. Just curious, why can't you have them all in the same folder?

I can, but i prefer to have each pinball table on a separate folder with the manuals, pics, libs, e.t.c.

Also i haven't checked if some libraries of different tables have the same name, so replacing one with the other is going to cause problems.

well - I've got about 400 FP tables installed and they all have the libraries shared in the same libraries folder and have never had a problem (but thats my own observation). There are duplicate libraries in some older EM tables but they've never presented a problem to me and any duplicates in the other tables are identical if you compare the date/time/sizes.

But again - this is my own observation :)