All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Support for Pinball FX2

Loadedweapon

Thanks horsey.

So.. With the aug ahk files I am able to select a fx2 table from pinballx and it FINALLY successfully goes to the correct table now. YES!. I did have to alter the star wars esb script in the ahk because there wasnt an "enter" command to select the highlighted table in fx2.

Unfortunately there are still bugs. I've tried every possible combination of using both the steam exe and the fx2 exe with aplaunch 226980 and 226990. I've tried leaving steam running in the background and with it closed prior to opening fx2. Fx2 will not stay running with pinballx running in the background. Before I can select single player or hot seat mode Fx2 will disappear (it moves to the taskbar) while pinballx completely closes. If I click the fx2 icon on the taskbar then it will reappear on my display. But pinballx is gone.

Question. Are we supposed to edit the fxkeys ahk? And then recompile it using ahk2exe? If so, what exe? I am using left and right arrows for the flippers for example.

The fxkeys are irrelevant now (for me at least) since the latest updates allow you to remap in the actual game to whatever keys you want.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7y4uojvzapdrksy/28Wr5I3Tun

Here's a dropbox link with script/db which I have tested every table working from PinballX.

If you don't need the keys file anymore just comment out:

Run, PinFXKeys.ahk

WinClose , PinFXKeys

I did have to alter the star wars esb script in the ahk because there wasnt an "enter" command to select the highlighted table in fx2.

Yep, I did notice this but didn't upload the edited version. I was testing that with ControlSend and never edited it back.

Ok

I deleted from the script:

Run, PinFXKeys.ahk

WinClose, PinFXKeys

And from the star wars esb portion:

I deleted the unneeded ControlSend Commands

Deleted the " ' "s from the 2 enter command lines

Added an additional enter command line

Then I use ahk2exe to create a new exe.... AND

IT FINALLY WORKS!

I'm SUPER happy!

I guess it was the PinFXKeys.ahk that was causing all of the problems

THANK YOU HORSEY

• Like 1

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7y4uojvzapdrksy/28Wr5I3Tun

Here's a dropbox link with script/db which I have tested every table working from PinballX.

If you don't need the keys file anymore just comment out:

Run, PinFXKeys.ahk

WinClose , PinFXKeys

Yep, I did notice this but didn't upload the edited version. I was testing that with ControlSend and never edited it back.

For some reason the wrong games are chosen, except for SWESB but they all stop on "Single Player".

Not sure if it matters, but I've tried both with and without pinfxkeys.ahk.

I use the files from your dropbox-link.

I'm not sure who uploaded the PF videos to the FTP (Horsey or open6l) but is it possible to request the missing ones? Capt America, Civil War, Fantastic 4, Excalibur, Mars, Paranormal, and Sorcerers Lair.

Also open I see you have a wheel image for Batman - Joker Edition would you be willing to share?

Z

I beat you guys to it, I uploaded 5 of 7 to the FTP site. (The other two I'll create tomorrow)

I'll look on pinsimdb searched and searched this morning but never found the wheel image.

Z

I beat you guys to it, I uploaded 5 of 7 to the FTP site. (The other two I'll create tomorrow)

I'll look on pinsimdb searched and searched this morning but never found the wheel image.

Z

I added the wheel after I read your post (about an hour ago) :)

Hi all,

I cannot start Pinball FX2 (Steam). Same if I try to start it as standalone or with the script. I see the loading screen then the screen disappears and fall back to PinballX. When I close PinballX then I see that Pinball FX2 was started.

I use Windows 7 - 64bit. Is there a way to set Pinball FX2 in front?

Thanks.

timboo68

For some reason the wrong games are chosen, except for SWESB but they all stop on "Single Player".

The table selection is supposed to stop there. The main reason is we also do multiplayer. Either push start to go single player or choose hotseat.

You could edit each table in the script and add another {enter down} {enter up} if you want it to load table. Maybe a tiny sleep command to allow the next screen to load before this.

I still haven't been in and changed mine, they're still working default with pinfxkeys being used. Win7 x64.

I have my exit emu & frontend key as F. This probably isn't the most ideal for everyone but I used to get what you describe about seeing the loading screen and bombing back out.

I have tested them all , so if it's selecting the wrong table I think it's either your version of pinball FX2 or you may need to adjust the timings in the script.

Uploaded the last of the Pinball FX2 table videos to the FTP site.

horsey, is there any way to display the local leader board at some point in FX2? There is a block on the top half (right) that displays the local high scores, by default it shows (left) an icon of the game and a little info. It would be great to have a hotkey to display the local high scores at some point. For example if three people are playing and two people get a high score on an FX2 table, they always want to see where they placed. I don't see how you can get to that block when launching inside PBX, outside of PBX you can use the mouse to click on that box.

Z

I use the files from your dropbox-link.

Could someone please help me with this? For some reason, it won't go to the right game. Any ideas?

• Like 1

Could someone please help me with this? For some reason, it won't go to the right game. Any ideas?

Tried to help you best I can here . http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/12837-support-for-pinball-fx2/?p=109145

horsey, is there any way to display the local leader board at some point in FX2? There is a block on the top half (right) that displays the local high scores, by default it shows (left) an icon of the game and a little info. It would be great to have a hotkey to display the local high scores at some point. For example if three people are playing and two people get a high score on an FX2 table, they always want to see where they placed. I don't see how you can get to that block when launching inside PBX, outside of PBX you can use the mouse to click on that box.

You can get to all this info by pushing ESC? & into PInball FX2 pause menu.

Today I uploaded an updated PinballFX2.exe to the FTP site. It has the correct key presses for the new table menu which includes Earth Defense. You will need to update your XML to include this new table named "Zen-EarthDefense".

You will find this exe in the scripts, "new folder". I was unable to name this new folder once I created it on the FTP site

Hi everyone....thanks for the help in this thread. I was able to get Pinball FX2 up and running yesterday. It is kinda hard to follow the thread to get this done because you gotta try to interpret what early posts are overridden by a later post and such. Would be nice if we could summarize how to get this going on the front page of a thread and update it when the steps change.

One thing I did notice that may help others. The AHK script that horsey provided assumes you have bought all the tables. What I found is Pinball FX2 reorders the tables placing the ones I purchased at the front of the list. So the provided autohotkey script will not work without editing and recompiling....or you can just buy all the tables and might end up with the same table ordering.

Thanks,

Gil

And one more issue I ran into after starting from a cold boot. It seems like running a Pinball FX2 table is crashing back to the PinballX interface. The problem seems to be that Steam.exe is automatically loading itself when I boot the computer and then when running a table in PinballX I get an error saying another instance of the application is already running. If I kill the Steam.exe process before running PinballX everything is fine. I haven't found how to prevent Steam from loading at boot up.

Gil

I haven't found how to prevent Steam from loading at boot up.

In the Steam client go to Steam > Settings (in the upper left of the screen). On the settings Screen you can modify Steam so that it doesn't start at boot up.

Steam_Settings.png

I'd be curious to hear whether this problem is affecting a lot of users.

Thanks for the tip nullPointer.

So is anyone else having a problem starting the Iron Man table from the PinballX frontend? I haven't tried a lot of tables yet but I did buy them all so I could use the script that horsey provided. Several tables work just fine but when I select Iron Man it looks like its launching and then it appears like a window is flying down being minimized and it comes back to the PinballX menu. Then if I exit PinballX the Pinball FX2 program loads and I can select tables and play.

Gil

• 3 weeks later...

I just uploaded both the ahk and the exe with the new script changes for the current table arrangement including Earth Defense and Ms Splosion Man.

You will find them in Scripts, New Folder (3)

I am unable to name a folder when I create one. It says permission denied.

Junky

I just uploaded both the ahk and the exe with the new script changes for the current table arrangement including Earth Defense and Ms Splosion Man.

You will find them in Scripts, New Folder (3)

I am unable to name a folder when I create one. It says permission denied.

Junky

I've set it so stuff can't be deleted off the server and I guess that means folders cant be renamed but to get round the folder renaming issue upload the folder itself from local to the server. Just trying to help.

Anyone feel free to ask me if you want something renamed or modified on the FTP. Hopefully we will reach a point in the future where we can have some moderators for pinballx who can help out a little with stuff like that too.

Can you guys that have your PBFX2 working as individual tables on the wheel post your pinballx.ini file? (Just the System_1 part)

I have the old "stand alone" version working with the below but have since purchased all the tables and have to launch via steam.

[System_1]Name=PinballFX2Enabled=TrueWorkingPath=D:\PinballFX2TablePath=D:\PinballFX2\data_steamExecutable=Pinball FX2.exeParameter=LaunchBeforeEnabled=TrueLaunchBeforeWorkingPath=D:\PinballX\ScriptsLaunchBeforeExecutable=PinballFX2.exeLaunchBeforeParameters=[TABLEFILE]LaunchBeforeHideWindow=FalseLaunchBeforeWaitForExit=FalseLaunchAfterEnabled=TrueLaunchAfterWorkingPath=D:\PinballX\ScriptsLaunchAfterExecutable=ledset.batLaunchAfterHideWindow=TrueLaunchAfterWaitForExit=False

Here you go

Junky

[system_1]
Name=Pinball FX2
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
TablePath=
Executable=Steam.exe
Parameters=-applaunch 226990
LaunchBeforeEnabled=True
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=C:\PinballX\Scripts
LaunchBeforeExecutable=PinballFX2.exe