All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Support for Pinball FX2

Loadedweapon

It's possible faking FX2 to use a .vpt. Adding to VP database. Using the launch before table program options and checking for Pinball FX2 to launch it.

Yea, lot easier to be supported in the app or even better to be able to copy/paste system entries in the config:

[PinballFX2]Enabled=TrueWorkingPath=I:\SteamTablePath=I:\Steam\TablesExecutable=PinballFX.exeParameters=Load AHK Sript for key remapping, individual table launching etc etcLaunchBeforeEnabled=falseLaunchBeforeWorkingPath=LaunchBeforeExecutable=notepad.exeLaunchBeforeHideWindow=FalseLaunchBeforeWaitForExit=TrueLaunchAfterEnabled=FalseLaunchAfterWorkingPath=LaunchAfterExecutable=notepad.exeLaunchAfterHideWindow=FalseLaunchAfterWaitForExit=True

hey all,

I got pinball fx to lauch using the following code, (tried using pinballFX2.exe. but steam wont allow it for some reason) but when I exit out of FX2 It goes to the desktop and the pinballx is minimized. is there a way for me to bring it back to the active program automatically?

[PinballFX2]
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=c:\program files\steam
TablePath=
Executable= steam.exe
Parameters= -applaunch 226980
LaunchBeforeEnabled=false
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=
LaunchBeforeExecutable=notepad.exe
LaunchBeforeHideWindow=False
LaunchBeforeWaitForExit=True
LaunchAfterEnabled=False
LaunchAfterWorkingPath=
LaunchAfterExecutable=notepad.exe
LaunchAfterHideWindow=False
LaunchAfterWaitForExit=True

I am running windows XP

hey all,

Not sure, it should work with steam running.

[Pinball FX2]Enabled=TrueWorkingPath=J:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Pinball FX2TablePath=Executable=Pinball FX2.exeParameters=

Knocked up couple of backglasses and have simple icon for wheels

http://imageshack.us/a/img571/1530/zenshot.jpg

Xml: http://pastebin.com/49iE3Dfr

On selected table it will take you to the tables menu so it's just a matter or selecting single/multiplayer.

I'm using E as both keys for PinballX Exit/exit emu. You could map what you like in the PinFXKeys.

Just change your WorkingPath & LaunchBeforeWorkingPath

[Pinball FX2]Enabled=TrueWorkingPath=J:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Pinball FX2TablePath=Executable=Pinball FX2.exeParameters=LaunchBeforeEnabled=TrueLaunchBeforeWorkingPath=I:\HyperPin\Scripts\Pinball FX2LaunchBeforeExecutable=PinballFX2.exeLaunchBeforeParameters=[TABLEFILE]LaunchBeforeHideWindow=FalseLaunchBeforeWaitForExit=FalseLaunchAfterEnabled=FalseLaunchAfterWorkingPath=LaunchAfterExecutable=LaunchAfterParameters=LaunchAfterHideWindow=FalseLaunchAfterWaitForExit=False

Can find all uploaded ftp.

Hey horsey,

are you running windows 7? I am running XP and steam does not allow fx2 to open directly, even if steam is already running. does not even work when I click on it directly. looks like a few others have the same issue. Its very strange though, because I can launch all of my other steam games from the exe.....

Xml is on PinballX ftp. This is only if you want zen tables launched in the menu. There is a script & key mapping ahk in folder that does all this.

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/12847-shared-ftp-site-for-media-and-databases/

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/12837-support-for-pinball-fx2/#entry104217

If you want just Pinball FX 2 standard , make a custom system in config and an xml with one entry "Pinball FX"

• 3 weeks later...

just uploaded 2 quick videos I captured and encoded of Epic Quest to the FTP Site. One is of the playfield (with music) and the 2nd is of a flyby (also with music). Check the vids out and see if they are worthwhile. They are under the Media/PinballFX2/Table Videos folder.

Edit: Also just did Star Wars Empire Strikes Back Flyby.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. I'm pretty confused here. Please help me out. I can't get any FX2 tables to show up in PinballX.

From the FTP site I downloaded:

PinballFX2.exe

PinFXKeys.ahk

and the xml

1- Is this new PinballFX2.exe supposed to replace the REAL PinballFX2.exe that's in my Steam Folder? Or is this supposed to go in the pinballx folder and run as a "pre" executable before the real one runs? Is this the exe that's supposed to be in the main executable or the launch before executable, or both???

2- Does this AHK go in the PinballX folder or does it matter as long as it's in the same folder as the NEW FX2.exe?

3- HorseyHorsey, you also have the launch before working path listed in a hyperpin/scripts folder. I'm assuming this is because you put these PinballX files in your Hyperpin directory. This really confuses me. Please explain.

Also, the XML doesn't have all of the FX2 tables listed. When I use the GameManager.exe I am unable to add new tables (Like Mars for example). When I try to add a table I get a blank screen.

Please help me out guys.

Thanks

Well tbh with you I haven't played Pinball FX2 for a long time, I think maybe even before they bought out Epic Quest.

What has happened since one of the PinballX updates is when the script is trying to do its job, ie: keypresses , it makes it bomb back to PinballX. After this was happening I didn't really mention it or play it.

Is this new PinballFX2.exe supposed to replace the REAL PinballFX2.exe

LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=I:\HyperPin\Scripts\Pinball FX2
LaunchBeforeExecutable=PinballFX2.exe

No, as you can see there it's a pre load executable, it contains all the key combos to load the table you are selecting in PinballX. The key mapping ahk should go with this, in a "scripts" dir. It shouldnt matter where you put these as long as they're together and are assigned in the ini like above.

I need to take a look at it really and see why it likes to bomb back to pinballx.

Horseyhorsey, I appreciate you getting back to me. Thanks. I understand what you are saying but I don't think you understand what my issue is. For me PinballFX2 can't run from pinballx because it isn't even a choice while the program is running. There are no tables, nor is there a pinbalfx2 program to pick, nothing. I understand that the tables are supposed to show up separately. I'm definitely doing something wrong.

Open6l, would you mind chiming in?

Just recently you posted a YouTube video that shows pinbalx working correctly. You even have paranormal showing which is a newer table. It looks like it is working perfectly for you. How did you get this running?

Are you guys leaving the table paths empty as it shows above?

I can't even find where the fx2 tables are in the steam folders so that I can correctly add a new table name to the XML.

I understand what you are saying but I don't think you understand what my issue is.

Yes I do , I was explaining what that script does and as to why you're confused

To add a custom system to config PinballX.ini

[System_1]Name=Pinball FX2Enabled=TrueWorkingPath=C:/ProgramFiles/SteamExecutable=steam.exeParameters= -applaunch 226980LaunchBeforeEnabled=FalseLaunchBeforeWorkingPath=LaunchBeforeExecutable=LaunchBeforeParameters=LaunchBeforeHideWindow=FalseLaunchBeforeWaitForExit=FalseLaunchAfterEnabled=FalseLaunchAfterWorkingPath=LaunchAfterExecutable=LaunchAfterParameters=LaunchAfterHideWindow=FalseLaunchAfterWaitForExit=False
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?><menu><game name="Pinball FX2"><description>Pinball FX2</description><manufacturer>Zen</manufacturer><year>2013</year><type>SS</type></game></menu>

PinballX\Databases\Pinball FX2\Pinball FX2.xml

Ok. It still won't show any tables. Here's my setup.

[Display]
Monitor=0
Rotate=270
Windowed=False
WindowWidth=480
WindowHeight=720
WindowX=0
WindowY=65
PlayFieldBrightness=230
WheelTextColor=ffffffff
WheelTextOutlineColor=ff000000
InfoTextColor=ffffffff
InfoTextOutlineColor=ff000000
FilterTextColor=ffffffff
FilterTextOutlineColor=ff000000
MenuColor=fff9fba2

[backGlass]
monitor=1
x=0
y=0
width=1920
height=1080

[DMD]
Enabled=False
monitor=2
x=0
y=0
width=900
height=300

[interface]
DesktopModeEnabled=False

[Audio]
StreamVolume=90
SampleVolume=90

[startup]
playsound=True
playvideo=True

[KeyCodes]
quit=69
left=37
right=39
select=49
rotate=82
pageleft=38
pageright=40
exitemulator=81
ingame=69
screenshot=79
screenshotbackglass=85
instructions=67

[JoyCodes]
quit=10
left=0
right=1
select=2
rotate=3
pageleft=4
pageright=5
exitemulator=6
ingame=13

[Text]
Line1=WELCOME TO NICK'S PINBALL
Line2=Flippers Cycle Tables - Green Starts - Red Exits

[FuturePinball]
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=C:\Games\Future Pinball
TablePath=C:\Games\Future Pinball\Tables
Executable=Future Pinball.exe
Parameters=/open "[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]" /play /exit /arcaderender
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=
LaunchAfterEnabled=True
LaunchAfterWorkingPath=C:\PinballX
LaunchAfterExecutable=ledset.bat
MouseClickFocus=True
FPRAMPath=C:\Games\Future Pinball\fpRAM

[VisualPinball]
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=C:\Games\Visual Pinball
TablePath=C:\Games\Visual Pinball\Tables
Executable=VPinball.exe
Parameters=/play -"[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]"
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=
LaunchAfterEnabled=True
NVRAMPath=C:\Games\Visual Pinball\VPinMame\nvram

[ExitScreen]
Enabled=True
EnableExit=True
EnableShutdown=False

[startupProgram]
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=C:\PinballX
Executable=ledset.bat
Paramaters=
HideWindow=true
WaitForExit=false

[ExitProgram]
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=C:\PinballX
Executable=ledoff.bat
Paramaters=
HideWindow=False
WaitForExit=

[AttractMode]
Enabled=True
Timer=1
ShowFor=10

[system_1]
Name=PinballFX2
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Pinball FX2
TablePath=
Executable=Pinball FX2.exe
Parameters=
LaunchBeforeEnabled=True
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=C:\PinballX\Scripts
LaunchBeforeExecutable=PinballFX2.exe
LaunchBeforeWaitForExit=False
LaunchAfterEnabled=False
LaunchAfterWaitForExit=False
LaunchBeforeParameters=[TABLEFILE]

[Plugin_1]
Enabled=False
Name=PlugInSpeech.dll

[setupWizard]
EmuPath1=C:\Emulators
AssetPath1=C:\Assets
RomPath1=C:\Roms
DefaultPathPrompt=True
DownloadDatabasePrompt=True
DownloadEmulatorPrompt=True
WizardMode=1
CustomArray=
SearchArray=
SavePosition=False
SectionIndex=17
SearchText=
EmulatorIndex=0
EmulatorGroupIndex=0
DaphneIndex=0
HTMLAppsIndex=0
ExternalAppsIndex=0
RadioStationsIndex=0
NewsFeedsIndex=0
MappedDrivesIndex=0
SystemIndex=0
ShowPanel=True
FontSize=1.5
WindowState=0
WindowSize=940,1020
WindowLocation=1928,21

[internal]
lastselected=Pinbot VPPinbot.uw.V1.02.1_JF_91x_BMPR_MOD_FSVisualPinball
filter_year=
filter_company=
filter_custom=
filtername=Tables

[AutoExit]
Enabled=True
Minutes=30

I'm using your xml that you just uploaded in post #18 above

This way doesn't work either.

[system_1]
Name=PinballFX2
Enabled=True
WorkingPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
TablePath=
Executable=Steam.exe
Parameters=applaunch 226980
LaunchBeforeEnabled=False
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=
LaunchBeforeExecutable=
LaunchBeforeWaitForExit=False
LaunchAfterEnabled=False
LaunchAfterWaitForExit=False

LaunchBeforeParameters=

I am trying it with the following xml.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<menu>
<game name="Pinball FX2">
<description>Pinball FX2</description>
<manufacturer>Zen</manufacturer>
<year>2013</year>
<type>SS</type>
</game>
</menu>

Once again, I appreciate your time. Thanks

Ok. Now all 31 tables are showing up on pinballx. The problem was that some folders were named pinballFX2 and some were named pinball fx2 (with a space). Now that all of the fx2 folders are named WITH a space the program will successfully list the fx2 tables. And unfortunately I am now seeing the problem that you were describing earlier. It won't load a table. It just bounces back to pinballx. And I get the message "How do you want to open this type of file (.ahk)?"

I'm using shitty windows 8 btw.

Thanks

Nick

Its possible and works because I've tested them all. I added all of the newer tables up until 26/7/2013 which I mentioned earlier in thread. The problem with the bombing back to the menu I can find is when you have exit key set to E.

So go back through the thread and find the mediafire link I uploaded today.

Tom by default has his called PinballFX2, mine is Pinball FX2

I'm not trying to be a pain Horsey. It just isn't working for me. I can set my quit, exit emulator, and pause buttons to letters that are NOT E but it still will NOT run. I can get the pinball fx2 program to run if I use the setup with the "applaunch" parameter as mentioned above but I REALLY want to be able to select individual tables from pinballx.

This sucks.

Thanks for taking the time